Surprised and disappointed at this site.

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Im probably the only sicko who noticed it but even when they was showing the cut outs of the fallen soldiers at Buck House they managed to sling a few turbans on them !....ok i know they've played their part but its not something we've ever seen before....which tells me they'll even exploit a special day like that in the name of diversity.......we was never asked if we wanted it so f**k your diversity !

Think I've seen them before mate.

My Grandfather and Great Grandfather both commanded battalions of Sikhs in WW1 and 2 (and various side wars).

The indian army was a full time serving professional army of 200,000 men, which rose to 2.5 million. 

You can't really celebrate or respect the contributions of folk like my grandfather who led them, without respecting the men they led I dont think.

• Like 8

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought something may have been mentioned on here today as it’s armistice day …. anyway lest we forget ……

As much love,respect and appreciation as we all have for fallen soldiers its hard to stomach a society that demands that for 1 day of the year we act all patriotic and proud of the sacrifice men made

Mate, surely it’s about remembering, not posting on a forum/fb/insta etc.

Posted Images

I stop and remember my grandfather who fought, but thankfully survived, WW1 and my uncle, an artist, who died in WW2, my daughter is in the parade on Sunday as a Brownie and I've told her the stories of our family. But old wars are inevitably forgotten as new generations don't feel the personal loss of the older generations so they will naturally forget, much as we have forgotten the fallen of myriad battles and wars in our history. Alas I'm sure the next generations are unfortunately going to have their own wars and losses to mourn.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, sandymere said:

I stop and remember my grandfather who fought, but thankfully survived, WW1 and my uncle, an artist, who died in WW2.

I bet they never forgave Britain for winning twice did they ? Lol 

• Like 1

Tynemouth only place I’ve ever seen a memorial to the fallen of the boer war not that I’ve travelled many places but it intrigued me.

always wear a poppy always attend the remberance service as a grateful man for what they sacrificed for us and my children will be brought up understanding and knowledgeable about what it means and the history behind it all and hopefully they’ll have a passion they can pass on or discuss with knowledge and belief

another note I once tried to clean the local war memorials for free and on the low key what a nightmare I had of council 

56 minutes ago, saluki bouy said:

Tynemouth only place I’ve ever seen a memorial to the fallen of the boer war not that I’ve travelled many places but it intrigued me.

always wear a poppy always attend the remberance service as a grateful man for what they sacrificed for us and my children will be brought up understanding and knowledgeable about what it means and the history behind it all and hopefully they’ll have a passion they can pass on or discuss with knowledge and belief

another note I once tried to clean the local war memorials for free and on the low key what a nightmare I had of council 

Angel Monument on Percy Street in the Haymarket, Newcastle commemorates the fallen in the Second Boer War. ?

Cheers.

• Like 1

What’s even more farcical is that whilst thousands of illegals pour into this country daily the government have just sent British troops to Poland to help protect their border from illegals. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, socks said:

What’s even more farcical is that whilst thousands of illegals pour into this country daily the government have just sent British troops to Poland to help protect their border from illegals. 

all 10 of them 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Do you guys not agree that the army is often used as a political tool and controlled by a lot of big buisness interests. Or are we still believing the whole we only fight to better the world line? 

The military is commanded by government so it is absolutely a political tool.

This WILL turn into a shitfest but no, IMO ‘big death’ are not impacting government foreign policy to any great degree. We’d be tin pot without the kit they produce. The mans bitter and chucking shit in the standard direction.

Sure if there’s a geopolitical earthquake about to go off and business can benefit then the relevant chess pieces will be moved to take advantage. And sure the military are used for geo strategic purposes, like propping  up proxies in strategically important regions. Sometimes that’s judged as wrong and sometimes it judged as right.

We invaded Iraq during WW2 to secure the oil fields from the axis. No one gave a f**k about the Iraqis, it was just strategy.

• Like 2