So I'm just curious,anyone happen to make anything out of fur over there ,at least for personal use ? I know y'all arnt allowed to sell anything but always seems a real shame it just gets thrown away. Not really into wearing fur stuff myself but seems it could be used for something. I mean here even squirrel tails are used for various things. Anyway not saying anyone's right anyone's wrong just curious as usual.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfdog91 said:

So I'm just curious,anyone happen to make anything out of fur over there ,at least for personal use ? I know y'all arnt allowed to sell anything but always seems a real shame it just gets thrown away. Not really into wearing fur stuff myself but seems it could be used for something. I mean here even squirrel tails are used for various things. Anyway not saying anyone's right anyone's wrong just curious as usual.

Thanks

I heard @kingonce made a fur paragliding suit in the hope to blend in and  catch a rabbit but his pet Presa locked on to him and proceeded to buck him half to death over the leather sofa. 

37 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I know a few old boys who tie their own fishing flies...they never refuse the odd hare mask, deer fur ,feathers...some of the older members used to make some money on the fox pelts yrs back...?

Same here D C, still give a bit of fur and feather I find on my walks, to a few fly fishing lads I know.

• Like 1

Here ye go, Wolfie. Maybe not quite what ye looking for. But, a glimpsed insight none the less. Prices for a few skins, at least. 1962 in england.

Noticeable they don't even list fox. Wonder why?

9 hours ago, Tyla said:

I still sell squirrel tails and magpie wings. Its a shame actual pelts aren't worth anything though

Used to be jays wings back in the day along with squirrel tails and hares masks for the fly tiers, Fox pelts at £15/£25 each deer a ton a piece, rabbits 50p clean at the gamedealers or 25p bruised at the zoo, radio collars on Fox’s were £25 on top of the pelt and ear tags £5 each even trout used to fetch a £1 each round the pubs a weeks work on site would get me £50 ??

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Last thing Britain's fox population needs is a value of their skins....would only give the rifle men a bigger incentive to do even more 'pest control innit mate.....' on dairy farms ?

Wasn’t much value to them with holes in and guns were not really of any use for a urban hunter, used to mostly snare and lamp them with the dog, Bristol always had a huge urban population would be lamping in the middle of town in parks when everone else was pubbing and clubbing and snaring on school fences and round the perimeter fence if I was working on a building site, you could make big numbers without ever leaving the city ??

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Last thing Britain's fox population needs is a value of their skins....would only give the rifle men a bigger incentive to do even more 'pest control innit mate.....' on dairy farms ?

I reckon it'd go the other way. They'd be forced to use small calibres and have to get much closer. It'd be too much like hard work even with thermal, and most would just not bother trying for the skins.

It's not worth joining the badger cull for the shitty few quid a head that's offered, can't imagine the skins of anything in this country would ever make decent enough money to motivate anyone to make an effort beyond what they already are doing tbh.

• Like 1