Jump to content

Hello and ideal Lurcher


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yer he’s doing ok, this will be his first propper season where I will push him now and find out what his weaknesses are but going off last season I am really pleased with him 👍

beddy collie greyhound mongrely hybrid things is what I use if your not needing a specialist type dog for set job this cross has the jobs in hand 👍🏽 

The ideal lurcher is the one that works best for you in your country.

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Busher100 said:

If you only have space to kennel the one dog a well bred fast type bull x will do most things 

Thanks all. I once went to a Plummer kennels to buy a plummer. When I chatted to the owner Brian Plummer inevitably came up and its seems that they took a lot of his stock of Plummers New Blood I think because that is what I bought but thats another story. They also had a lot of his Lurchers. They told me that the only type of Lurcher Plummer would entertain was a straight Collie Greyhound Cross. That was the story I got. I wish I had scrapped the idea off the Plummer and got a Lurcher from the way things turned out Anyway what is your thoughts on his Collie Greyhound cross🙂 Apparently he was an odd king of fella Brian.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, tomfromwest said:

Thanks all. I once went to a Plummer kennels to buy a plummer. When I chatted to the owner Brian Plummer inevitably came up and its seems that they took a lot of his stock of Plummers New Blood I think because that is what I bought but thats another story. They also had a lot of his Lurchers. They told me that the only type of Lurcher Plummer would entertain was a straight Collie Greyhound Cross. That was the story I got. I wish I had scrapped the idea off the Plummer and got a Lurcher from the way things turned out Anyway what is your thoughts on his Collie Greyhound cross🙂 Apparently he was an odd king of fella Brian.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

You can say that again.

I have read a few of his books I was given a couple. Odd or not very good read. I particularly enjoyed the one about the Pitt Dog the name of the book escapes me.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
47 minutes ago, tomfromwest said:

Thanks all. I once went to a Plummer kennels to buy a plummer. When I chatted to the owner Brian Plummer inevitably came up and its seems that they took a lot of his stock of Plummers New Blood I think because that is what I bought but thats another story. They also had a lot of his Lurchers. They told me that the only type of Lurcher Plummer would entertain was a straight Collie Greyhound Cross. That was the story I got. I wish I had scrapped the idea off the Plummer and got a Lurcher from the way things turned out Anyway what is your thoughts on his Collie Greyhound cross🙂 Apparently he was an odd king of fella Brian.

iv saw 2 run on uist on the marran one was an 8 month old pup other a brindle bitch called merab both capable lurchers catching big bags of rabbits on the lamp....i saw the bitch merab do the ton twice and the pup had 70 odd one night in not much over 2 hours...i doubt il ever see rabbits in numbers like that ever again was like a plague......plummer i no feck all about him but those two lurchers where a bit off class il remember for a long time...

Link to post
39 minutes ago, tomfromwest said:

I have read a few of his books I was given a couple. Odd or not very good read. I particularly enjoyed the one about the Pitt Dog the name of the book escapes me.

 

nathan

  • Like 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, tomfromwest said:

Thanks all. I once went to a Plummer kennels to buy a plummer. When I chatted to the owner Brian Plummer inevitably came up and its seems that they took a lot of his stock of Plummers New Blood I think because that is what I bought but thats another story. They also had a lot of his Lurchers. They told me that the only type of Lurcher Plummer would entertain was a straight Collie Greyhound Cross. That was the story I got. I wish I had scrapped the idea off the Plummer and got a Lurcher from the way things turned out Anyway what is your thoughts on his Collie Greyhound cross🙂 Apparently he was an odd king of fella Brian.

He pushed them, but kept lurcher X lurchers himself...

There is good and bad collie grey's, just like any other cross

Link to post
1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

iv saw 2 run on uist on the marran one was an 8 month old pup other a brindle bitch called merab both capable lurchers catching big bags of rabbits on the lamp....i saw the bitch merab do the ton twice and the pup had 70 odd one night in not much over 2 hours...i doubt il ever see rabbits in numbers like that ever again was like a plague......plummer i no feck all about him but those two lurchers where a bit off class il remember for a long time...

Had Hancock blood in them as well iirc 👀

Link to post
On 02/10/2021 at 11:50, Busher100 said:

If you only have space to kennel the one dog a well bred fast type bull x will do most things 

Or if u want something that will do what a bull x will do but better go for a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie 😁👍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
15 minutes ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Or if u want something that will do what a bull x will do but better go for a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie 😁👍

How is your young dog coming on, mate?  Looks a belter 👍

Link to post
3 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

Or if u want something that will do what a bull x will do but better go for a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie 😁👍

I ain’t biting today everyone knows that’s bollocks😂👍 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2021 at 11:50, Busher100 said:

If you only have space to kennel the one dog a well bred fast type bull x will do most things 

If you want a decent ratching about lurcher,a bit of ferreting,lamping ,general mooching about and doing what a proper lurcher was intended for then the last thing on the pedigree would be bull infusion,over bred,over priced,over exaggerated and over indulged by nuggets.The decent bred,owned and worked uns have little in common with rodent hunting,feather plucking, lurcher owners.

  • Like 3
Link to post

Don't think there is a ideal cross to be fair. We all got are preferred types it's not just the breed it's what you put into it. When I was a wee lad and was keen out with the dogs every day/night had average muts and caught loads. Now I am a old fecker and not so keen the results speak for themselves. As long as it is quick enough for what you want it to catch got the minarals to do the job and you can get on with it that's ideal for me lol

  • Like 2
Link to post

How longs piece of string ?

What you hoping to catch edible or non edible ? 
methods is it mooching , lamping ferreting ? 
 Terrain your hunting on? 
 

everyone is going to suggest their favourite type of breeding , 

it pays to do your homework least now the internet’s available but you also got more bullsh*t to Wade through .

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...