Assisted Death.

3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Very sad to end your life so unhappy mate.. 

I wish your family all the best, sad read that..

I went round to see my dad tonight and hes worn out , absolutly shattered . His brothers are round tmrow and i offered to take him out for a few pints tmrow and any other time hed be all over it but he aint interested . But in conversation with him he said it all feels weird. Hes obvioisly sad but at the same time happy because its what my grandad wants . 

At the end of the day none of this is ideal but who am i to decide the fate of the guy . Hes 95 , hes earnt every right to decide hes had enough . He wants out , hes on the morphine so that will hopefully take any pain thats to come . Theirs a lot worse ways to go . 

• Like 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My grandad is going through this at the moment . All his life it was my gran and him . She was always blind and partially deaf and he lost his leg in a gun accident as a teenager . They met when young

I think we all have the right to dignity. Personally if I get to the stage where I can’t wipe my own arse and I’m not going to get better and need total care , I’d want out .

My mother died back in 2015 from cancer of the asophicus she was diagnosed in October 2014. She literally starved to death and was only about 3 stone when she went. I have never seen anything like it

2 hours ago, Francie said:

Sorry to hear that twobob,I'm not saying they haven't got the right,just not for me,il suck up whatever the lord has in store,if my ma did it then that's me also,hopefully I wont suffer like alot of people do,its hard going,she was in the home for ten years,she seen 4 grandkids an all that goes way it,if she had of assisted suicide shed of seen none of it.

No need to be Francie it was a relief I got my head round it years ago that that poor woman in the bed wasn't my mam but just her husk the mam I knew was always doing something 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, twobob said:

No need to be Francie it was a relief I got my head round it years ago that that poor woman in the bed wasn't my mam but just her husk the mam I knew was always doing something 

Still tho bob,your mums your mum,I had no father in my life,I miss my mum dearly,as we all do,she was so courageous an i admired her resilience,up the mums

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ive watched a good number of close family members and close friends suffer terribly from terminal cancer. Some have said i need to be allowed to put a end to this its unbearable pain and distress and others say no matter what happens i want to talk and be with my loved ones to the end. A individual choice which must be respected in my opinion.

Edited by darbo
  • Like 6
23 minutes ago, Francie said:

Still tho bob,your mums your mum,I had no father in my life,I miss my mum dearly,as we all do,she was so courageous an i admired her resilience,up the mums

I like that my friend    up the mums nice gesture ya can't beat yer owd mum. Yer best friend my mum died in July 1964 cancer   my sister two years later cancer my dear lady wife in 2019 breast cancer and here's me moaning cos of the state of the world feeling sorry for missen shame on me eh lads.   Fekin owd git yeh. 

• Like 2
Just now, iworkwhippets said:

I like that my friend    up the mums nice gesture ya can't beat yer owd mum. Yer best friend my mum died in July 1964 cancer   my sister two years later cancer my dear lady wife in 2019 breast cancer and here's me moaning cos of the state of the world feeling sorry for missen shame on me eh lads.   Fekin owd git yeh. 

Thank you keith,not at all your gran boss

2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I honestly still think ‘’ I’ll gee my ma a quick phone’’ most days an she been dead near on a year. Never felt so low in me whole life watching her waste away an die mate, an with a smile, like you say your mother is your mother ?

I've become a sentimental owd bugger with age and I honestly feel for you lads that have lost loved ones n family to this horrible disease   dunno. Why I'm. Telling you this but there's this 60 summat year owd chap moved in next door to me he lost family so moved to Colchester to be nearer to his sister n niece he's from Belfast  a nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meat and we have become friends but he's had a brain operation fer epilepsy  to long for me to go into details but tuther day he went and had his hair shaved dear god the wound on his head I could fit my fist in. So I keep my eye on him. At the moment I'm jut making him bedtime drink   and he's put bt sport on for me so I'm watching footy Iade him his lunch tuther day and he was over the moon I dunna mind just as easy cook fer two as it is fer one 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Just now, W. Katchum said:

I honestly still think ‘’ I’ll gee my ma a quick phone’’ most days an she been dead near on a year. Never felt so low in me whole life watching her waste away an die mate, an with a smile, like you say your mother is your mother ?

Sometimes I'd just stat crying out of the blue when it comes back into my mind,when thinking about my mum passing,but I was there holding her hand like yourself an many others have done,its our lifes journey an shapes us I think katch,up the mums rip

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sid g said:

same as my mum its tough to watch it unfold .. 

It’s horrible watching what’s happening and knowing nothing can be done to help . The worse part is he had a fighting chance at the beginning . He was told it was small enough to operate on and they seemed fairly positive but then they didn’t actually bother to get him in to operate and then they’d send him for another scan a few weeks later then mess him about again and then another scan and this went on for a few months and by that time it was to late to operate  . 

• Sad 3
17 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My Nana took me in and raised me from 11 yrs old, because my mum gave up on me..we were extremely close,I was treated as one of her own,much to her own children's disappointment...I didn't speak to my own mother until 2003...Nana was admitted to hospital after suffering 3 massive heart attacks put on a ventilator...I went in to see her,I was the only one who's name she could remember ?we said our goodbyes and she told me she was ready to go...and they kept on to the docs to keep her going for a few more days...she left us at 11:53pm Christmas eve 2006,will never leave me that?.at 12 o'clock my brothers first born came into the world and boxing day my cousin had twins....I still struggle every yr at that time...my Mrs deserves a medal for putting up with me over the yrs...even when my 3 beautiful children came along..it took a good 10 yrs for me to try enough to enjoy the day...the rest of my family still give me a wide berth..?I disappear on boxing Day out with my dogs...and return for new yr..only way I can stop my head going pal?

Very similar situation mate as a kid my Nan brought me up, she was 97 when she went into hospital and my family gave up on here and left her there to die, when I was sat with her she said to me, I know I,m dying but I don’t want to die here, so against my family’s wishes I took her home, she lived for another 3 months and died in my arms, I put the last spoonful of morphine in her mouth and she went to sleep, I,m not sad or remorseful as she had a full and wonderful life and died in her own bed which was her last wish, not really spoke with my family much since and will never forgive them for there behaviour during and after her death ✌️✌️

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Very similar situation mate as a kid my Nan brought me up, she was 97 when she went into hospital and my family gave up on here and left her there to die, when I was sat with her she said to me, I know I,m dying but I don’t want to die here, so against my family’s wishes I took her home, she lived for another 3 months and died in my arms, I put the last spoonful of morphine in her mouth and she went to sleep, I,m not sad or remorseful as she had a full and wonderful life and died in her own bed which was her last wish, not really spoke with my family much since and will never forgive them for there behaviour during and after her death ✌️✌️

Respect mate?

• Like 1