Veiw from your office

54 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Mate make sure you get plenty of interim payments and don’t let the blokes credit get to high, I would have told him to f**k off when he came back to you as he is only interested in money and not you or your work so is more likey to try and wriggle out of paying you at the end have had 40 years dealing with people and that’s an early red flag mate ?

We’ve had the money chat, and I’ve set my stall out, I’ve told him what I want, I won’t charge any more if it runs over or less if I finish early ( not much chance of that) I don’t want to come across as Ronnie Kray but he will pay me when I finish, I’ve never had anyone not pay or get money off, if we have an agreement that’s what it is, I wouldn’t ask for more so they can’t ask for less 

• Like 5

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leaving home for the office View from the office. Closer view from the office.....they are farmed deer.... The office. Planting new trees and re-establishing old lines

Beautiful day this morning. Cheers Arry

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Mate make sure you get plenty of interim payments and don’t let the blokes credit get to high, I would have told him to f**k off when he came back to you as he is only interested in money and not you or your work so is more likey to try and wriggle out of paying you at the end have had 40 years dealing with people and that’s an early red flag mate ?

Bang on mate... its take it or leave it on my prices, I know our worth now, if you do a decent job you should be paid the right money.

There's no other industry where you get f****d about for money like the building game, long payment terms are a thing of the past for me, been bit a couple of times, its almost like people dont see it as real money..

• Like 5
3 hours ago, NEWKID said:

There's no other industry where you get f****d about for money like the building game, long payment terms are a thing of the past for me, been bit a couple of times, its almost like people dont see it as real money..

Your not wrong, I worked as a mechanic for 25 years and never once had anyone turn up without the money to collect their motor on the other hand my twin brother has a dry lining company and when we were younger the amount of people that wouldn’t pay was ridiculous, we spent a lot of time visiting people at home or on sites, it was always private builds or small building companies, most of them were because he was young and they thought they could take the piss, now he mainly does commercial because they are on a 14 day account so you know you will get paid or the bill goes up and we are getting too old for rolling around on the floor with idiots now ( lol )

• Like 4

Helped a mate out yesterday with a bit of machine work around his lake or pond as I call it .It’s developed a leek through a land drain into the stream that feeds it .Few decent bream and perch seen in the shallows when I got there .

Took some of the clay from the outfall end and built a battered bank over a few Gabon baskets he put in .Hopefully he lets it dry out before opening the sluice to fill it .IMG_0615.jpeg.7d126489cee9b4823ed5cecfbe35cc9e.jpeg

• Like 2

Lad asked me to put a little pad in for him while I was getting things ready for concrete, ok I said, half a day’s cash, did a tidy job then his builder got his hands on it ( lol ) so I left him too it and went back to putting concrete forms in 

IMG_7599.jpeg

IMG_7606.jpeg

IMG_7605.jpeg

• Like 2

Bit of pottering around the farm today because the builder on the job I’m on was putting the steel frame roof trusses on, he asked if I wanted a day with him, I politely declined ( lol ) 

combine’s are out getting ready for the start in a couple of weeks, it seems to come round really quickly now, I might get a bit of leading in work on an evening if it’s good weather and they can carry on through the night 

IMG_7600.jpeg

• Like 1