Afghanistan

1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Next time you're back up Carlisle you can ask him yourself mate, he moved there years ago I believe.

Like I said, there's a few lads who used to be in the military at our place, and the one bloke who got him this job served with him I believe, don't quote me on that one though.

Tidy , know a Few lads up our way now 

• Like 1

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t talk in a way that will not open a can of worms . I can’t pretend that I was all call of duty black ops , kicking doors and taking names . but I can tell you some truths  im a combat en

There’s blokes on here who can speak with genuine authority on the subject, I’m not one of them. I can only offer my view, to me 1 British soldiers life was never worth the lives of every rag hea

Question on the entry exam to Norfolk University;  " If you take the number of fingers Socks' has lost, from the extra fingers Tomo has, how many are left ? " Tomo's application was rejected

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

And who said he developed PTSD?

Folk at our place says he's a bit of a strange one.

When he says he's got issues I don't start asking him the in's and outs of a ducks arse.

That,ll be a first

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Bloke I know ended up year in glasshouse head gone all  on drink set about his commanding officer 

20 odd year ago still effects him now when he's has a bad turn 

I've worked with the bloke yesterday and today and talked to him a little about his time in the army.

Spoke of Bosnia but didn't really push him on the subject when he says it was horrific, when I worked with him last time in the winter that's when he opened up about it saying he'd seen the bodies of kids who had been burnt and other horrifying scenes.

I'm not squeamish myself but I imagine shit like that could leave scars.

8 hours ago, WILF said:

I have travelled all over Britain mate, and I can hand on heart say that Northern Ireland is the most British place in the British Isles.

Having British troops stationed there isn’t even a question in my mind, I know my republican friends on here will take a completely different view of that but for me, it’s a no brainer.

I don’t know how much of it is anchored in fact, but I always thought Britain as a military heavyweight and well known global thug showed great restraint in our dealings in Northern Ireland with the republican insurgents……also in our dealings with the republic which everyone knows harboured these people…..we literally did tie one hand behind our military’s back, but that said, we are dealing with our own people at the end of the day.

If the republic had been any other country in the world harbouring terrorists to launch attacks so close to the mainland we’d have rinsed them.

Ireland is definitely not some third world bunch of animals…..there’s just no comparison imho 

My comparison was the way in which the so called 'soldiers' would attack and then hide amongst the innocents...spineless tactics let's be honest ?

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

What ever you want to say about Afghanistan ..... everyone who invades it ends up regretting it. They always seem to lose in the end. For a bunch of Stone Age folk they seem to do ok in a scrap. 

Would this have happened if trump was still in office, serious question

5 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My comparison was the way in which the so called 'soldiers' would attack and then hide amongst the innocents...spineless tactics let's be honest ?

I'll be honest mate ? 

Is it any more spineless then dropping bombs from a plane killing innocents etc aswell or having artillery bombs from drones or from ships hundreds a miles away ? 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I'll be honest mate ? 

Is it any more spineless then dropping bombs from a plane killing innocents etc aswell or having artillery bombs from drones or from ships hundreds a miles away ? 

Don't recall the British army carpet bombing Ireland Hull or firing artillery, mostly had to sit back and do f**k all?

Dropping bombs from miles away is not really a modern thing is it? Or sending missiles from a gun ship?

There will always be innocents killed mate... unfortunately it's war and the bad guys hide amongst the decent folks?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Don't recall the British army carpet bombing Ireland Hull or firing artillery, mostly had to sit back and do f**k all?

Dropping bombs from miles away is not really a modern thing is it? Or sending missiles from a gun ship?

There will always be innocents killed mate... unfortunately it's war and the bad guys hide amongst the decent folks?

British army dressed as civilians and was doing drive bys mate in Ireland 

There is nothing spineless about it mate idea is to kill as many a them and not get killed its war mate ? 

• Like 1