HELP SCOTLAND

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

Nobody has mentioned the very worst offender……booze.

It seems to have no user profile, it can be literally anyone.

You can be massively successful, down and out, old, young, family person, single…….

Social drinking can very quickly turn to just drinking.

Weed is at absolutely epidemic levels, round my old way every other 14 year old has an eight for sale and the air stinks of it every where you go…..and I mean every where.

To me, it’s the smell of defeat……but that just a personal thing.

I was no angel as a kid but the time comes to put away childish things and it seems to me that’s not the case now……..I don’t understand it.

Is it a case of we are living life surrounded by so many different pressures and misery’s that people need the escape ?…….I often wonder that.

See to me, being stoned as f**k or flying on doves or Charlie when you are 20 is a once in a while giggle…….but every day when your 40?

Surely there has to be a deeper reason for that ? 

I enjoy a social drink, but more for the company/crack... I do however struggle with the cut off switch when I am having a drink, there is history of alcoholism in my family so I'm well aware of the shit it causes...

I can go months with nothing then in good company have a proper session.... the football this month saw us having a few dos which always go one way, last weekend was a wedding then a family do on Sunday.... thats me done now....

Regards drugs, just never been my thing, coke is everywhere now and watching 50 year old blokes in the pub toilets is embarrassing imo... but each to their own...

• Like 5

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm totaly cool with any questions mate as if i can educate even someone who won't ever take the stuff the knowledge they may gain might just might help someone else in the future in some way.I ruined

Thank you Sid and no i don't get a urge to try it again and i'm not around users any more so it's out my life as a hard object as such.My past life has shaped me and many shit things happened in it bu

Cocaine is destroying society in general.  it may come across as a relatively harmless drug but when it’s literally embedded into the night out routine for the huge majority of twenty to forty year

Always makes me laugh when lads who take coke slag crack heads off and moan about them robbing pensioner's and such like. I honestly have an hatred for smack as the devastation i have seen it cause even to the point of an old work mate at the pit in the 80s who unbeknown to his work mates even robbed the morphine box that was situated in parts of the pit incase of bad accidents.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I enjoy a social drink, but more for the company/crack... I do however struggle with the cut off switch when I am having a drink, there is history of alcoholism in my family so I'm well aware of the shit it causes...

I can go months with nothing then in good company have a proper session.... the football this month saw us having a few dos which always go one way, last weekend was a wedding then a family do on Sunday.... thats me done now....

Regards drugs, just never been my thing, coke is everywhere now and watching 50 year old blokes in the pub toilets is embarrassing imo... but each to their own...

My mum used booze as a crutch for 18 years after my old man died mate, I’ll tell everyone here now with kids, coming home to a pissed parent and whatever drinking crony decided to turn i up on that day is a f***ing horrendous experience for a 12 to 17 year old…..just don’t do it. 

Edited to add:

After 17 you are a man and just get to watch them destroy theirselves from afar, you just pick up the pieces which is what you have always had to do anyway. 

I watched one of her friends die, yellow as f**k and loosing control of her bowls in a chair…..that woman had enjoyed a very successful career at the US embassy but Martini put paid to all that.

I liked a good booze myself as a young man and enjoy the rare social drink now if the occasion is right…..I think the last time was 3 years ago at a wedding and I had a couple of cold Peronis a couple of weeks back when I took the mrs away.

Other than that, I packed up at 24 when I moved in with my wife.

I think drink is a mistress that always needs a careful eye kept on it.

Weed I just can’t fathom, I have never met any weed user (and I have met plenty) that wouldn’t have been a much better version of them self with out it…….I know you can say that about lots of things like fags which I smoked for over 30 years but weed heads just don’t have much gumption when they have smoked a joint.

Imho, it’s a dumbing down substance that holds people back.

I don’t mean to be insulting because I know many lads smoke weed as a matter of course and they are to a man probably great lads……

I suppose it’s what we find acceptable…….is the line lighting up your first JPS in the morning or is it rolling a joint or cracking open a can at 8am ?

Whatever, I think society is less for it.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3
46 minutes ago, big sid said:

another question is coke sniffed up the nose and is called marching powder and makes people act brave and courages or troublesome sorry for asking but ive never took nor did my buddies  but as i get older it seems that the generation i was born in and the next generation are vastly different

Yes that's it mate.

Re: your daughter that just sounds like a bad night on the booze, probably nothing to worry about too much and just a one off?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

You really must a led a sheltered life in middle a know were gypseydog ? most a what I put theres 15 16 years olds tell you the same ? 

And as for dogs ? ? sheltered again seen nothing most probably 

Far from sheltered ? seen far to many people in my life who got very heavily involved in drugs and not just using….. and everyone single one I know who’s been involved in it all have one thing in common and that is the have all ended up with feck all. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

I think a lot of us who sit in judgment of people with addictions me included can thank our lucky stars we don't have addictive personalities to the point that drink or drugs do not run or ruin our lives.

well said mate....i count my lucky stars im like that...i party'd like f**k in the 90's did a lot of recreational drugs.. E..coke..speed ..ghb etc...but could just switch it off after the weekend or club night and carry on with normal life the day after ...

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I think a lot of us who sit in judgment of people with addictions me included can thank our lucky stars we don't have addictive personalities to the point that drink or drugs do not run or ruin our lives.

luck of the draw isnt it; i cant do anything recreational because it just doesnt stay that way. wish i could

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Nobody has mentioned the very worst offender……booze.

It seems to have no user profile, it can be literally anyone.

You can be massively successful, down and out, old, young, family person, single…….

Social drinking can very quickly turn to just drinking.

Weed is at absolutely epidemic levels, round my old way every other 14 year old has an eight for sale and the air stinks of it every where you go…..and I mean every where.

To me, it’s the smell of defeat……but that just a personal thing.

I was no angel as a kid but the time comes to put away childish things and it seems to me that’s not the case now……..I don’t understand it.

Is it a case of we are living life surrounded by so many different pressures and misery’s that people need the escape ?…….I often wonder that.

See to me, being stoned as f**k or flying on doves or Charlie when you are 20 is a once in a while giggle…….but every day when your 40?

Surely there has to be a deeper reason for that ? 

Booze is one a the worst mate cheap acceptable and brutal to stop without giving yourself other addictions ?

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

My mum used booze as a crutch for 18 years after my old man died mate, I’ll tell everyone here now with kids, coming home to a pissed parent and whatever drinking crony decided to turn i up on that day is a f***ing horrendous experience for a 12 to 17 year old…..just don’t do it. 

Edited to add:

After 17 you are a man and just get to watch them destroy theirselves from afar, you just pick up the pieces which is what you have always had to do anyway. 

I watched one of her friends die, yellow as f**k and loosing control of her bowls in a chair…..that woman had enjoyed a very successful career at the US embassy but Martini put paid to all that.

I liked a good booze myself as a young man and enjoy the rare social drink now if the occasion is right…..I think the last time was 3 years ago at a wedding and I had a couple of cold Peronis a couple of weeks back when I took the mrs away.

Other than that, I packed up at 24 when I moved in with my wife.

I think drink is a mistress that always needs a careful eye kept on it.

Weed I just can’t fathom, I have never met any weed user (and I have met plenty) that wouldn’t have been a much better version of them self with out it…….I know you can say that about lots of things like fags which I smoked for over 30 years but weed heads just don’t have much gumption when they have smoked a joint.

Imho, it’s a dumbing down substance that holds people back.

I don’t mean to be insulting because I know many lads smoke weed as a matter of course and they are to a man probably great lads……

I suppose it’s what we find acceptable…….is the line lighting up your first JPS in the morning or is it rolling a joint or cracking open a can at 8am ?

Whatever, I think society is less for it.

Similar as a kid mate.... things you see that you just shouldn't... and drink is often the reason, or at least part of!

I recognise that I enjoy a drink and can handle my drink, so if I'm having a session its more than I should...

Agree on weed, knew a lot of lads who just couldn't function, slowed down... but also know a few that you wouldn't see any difference.. I just couldn't do anything daily, drink or drugs so not for me....

5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Similar as a kid mate.... things you see that you just shouldn't... and drink is often the reason, or at least part of!

I recognise that I enjoy a drink and can handle my drink, so if I'm having a session its more than I should...

Agree on weed, knew a lot of lads who just couldn't function, slowed down... but also know a few that you wouldn't see any difference.. I just couldn't do anything daily, drink or drugs so not for me....

Out of likes mate ?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I remember being a teen and watching the local vigilantes kicking the doors down of all the smackheads and giving them a hiding. 

The dealers or the users ?…….because I think there’s a massive difference there.
Dealers, fair game.

But some 5 stone skag head up to his neck in his own misery is just being an horrible bully c**t imho……

Personally I don’t know why you’d want to lay hands on them, I used to hate touching the crack whores money when they used to come down the market Sunday morning to stock up on Lucazade !

Literally disgusting ?  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

The dealers or the users ?…….because I think there’s a massive difference there.
Dealers, fair game.

But some 5 stone skag head up to his neck in his own misery is just being an horrible bully c**t imho……

Personally I don’t know why you’d want to lay hands on them, I used to hate touching the crack whores money when they used to come down the market Sunday morning to stock up on Lucazade !

Literally disgusting ?  

Users from what I recall, they were going around tea leafing so some of the locals brought it on themselves to teach them a lesson.

I recall one of them snapping his legs when he jumped out the bedroom window to escape after they kicked his front door in.

I'm the same as you, I wouldn't want to get near their breathing space truth be told.

Funnily enough there was one fella who got in to heroin who was also a keen hunter who escaped all that, he was the only fella I knew who for the most part of his addiction worked to feed his habit.

• Like 1