3/8 5/8 bull greyhound

8 hours ago, Gospel said:

? you saying a bull x puts stamina in a dog like a Sal  mate come on ?

Pit and running flat out completely different 

short sharp bursts there ok ? 

why if they fast stamina are they always doubled up ? 

Two different dogs for different jobs. A lot of Bullx dogs have very bad flat feet, mostly but not all from Bull genes. Thats down to poor breeding. That is a factor that takes long distance running out of a dog. Most Saluki crosses have excellent feet of the catlike from the Greyhound or the Hare type foot. Thats one thing, but also a Saluki is bred for the long run and nobody would dispute that. A Bull x lurcher (one that has a lot of bull influence) of good breeding has very good stamina if conditioned and fed right, but does give away energy a lot quicker until it comes to grips with its quarry, due to its eagerness to get a hold, and generally its makeup. 

If I was going to run Hares on big land I would get a Saluki from good breeding. For anything else apart from just rabbits you really do need a well bred Bullx.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And while we are at it mr expert .... Heres a 3/8 bull 5/8 whippet ......

????    

Fair play, bet it's warm in the suit in this weather ?  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Gospel said:

I don’t ferret 

I have a single handed running dogs 

daytime or lamping 

Running 2 dogs on half grown fox early season ? I couldn’t think of anything more desperate mate ?

Youve shown your yellow streak ?? it's OK nothing to be ashamed off lol. 

Now any chance ye could stop taking your usual shite over every thread, you've said your piece and now you're just being a boring prick. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wow?just wow! I know that bull xs not everyone’s cuppa t but wouldn’t say there useless an incapable there very handy if you don’t like being limited! They can be trained to do all types of hunting an just used. But to say there no good would be just stupid! because there’s dogs out there that can will and do??But also stupid trying to compare a saluki hare dog to a bull cross at that job it’d be like comparing a saluki as a Fox dog the saluki would soon Jack keep putting them on as regular as you wanting them on hare. f**k all the lurcher breed politics if the dog/cross can do the job you want them for happy days it’s only you the dog needs to please 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, poxon said:

Wow?just wow! I know that bull xs not everyone’s cuppa t but wouldn’t say there useless an incapable there very handy if you don’t like being limited! They can be trained to do all types of hunting an just used. But to say there no good would be just stupid! because there’s dogs out there that can will and do??But also stupid trying to compare a saluki hare dog to a bull cross at that job it’d be like comparing a saluki as a Fox dog the saluki would soon Jack keep putting them on as regular as you wanting them on hare. f**k all the lurcher breed politics if the dog/cross can do the job you want them for happy days it’s only you the dog needs to please 

Trouble is mate half of the people who slag them and say there only good for 1 thing haven't actually saw a good 1 and they just think they have or they've never saw 1 work at all and just go off of stories somebody told them who owns a couple of racing whippets and a show bred collie grey in the pub I dunno I for 1 got the bug on the bull type when I saw a few working as a youth in late 90s 2000 those dogs were good alrounders believe me 

• Like 3

Can pick any bulldog in my yard from 18 months to 6 years old and everyone of them will run flat out for 20 mins without stopping on a slat ill with a slight break on so they gotta push harder, and that's not dogs that are in condition or ready for a show they would do double that after been walked for miles. Mchull is kennel blind and talks so much shit and ruined nearly every good topic with he's bull shit gone beyond a joke.. The males in my Bullxs are to heavy set for all round lamping but the bitches are alot racier and well able for all round work and run all night 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Can pick any bulldog in my yard from 18 months to 6 years old and everyone of them will run flat out for 20 mins without stopping on a slat ill with a slight break on so they gotta push harder, and that's not dogs that are in condition or ready for a show they would do double that after been walked for miles. Mchull is kennel blind and talks so much shit and ruined nearly every good topic with he's bull shit gone beyond a joke.. The males in my Bullxs are to heavy set for all round lamping but the bitches are alot racier and well able for all round work and run all night 

The man's a complete fcukwit and fantasist. He tried to tell us that he's seen a 100 bull crosses work ffs, your into the breed and I bet you haven't seen a 100 work or anywhere close but he has a long with every other cross these islands have to offer lol. 

He's a dreamer and worst of all a lier. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, jackthelad said:

iv got my mates bull bitch in my kennels here now.... now this bitch has stamina to burn she rats a waste disposal place with us up and down piles of rubbish size of houses and at end of night would stay there if u didnt leash her and drag her away she regular does the sidlaw hills with my mate...funnily enough shes in pup to a sal grey x beddie grey hope the sand slug dont come through in em haha

I can’t even comment mate ? 

3 hours ago, dogmandont said:

Youve shown your yellow streak ?? it's OK nothing to be ashamed off lol. 

Now any chance ye could stop taking your usual shite over every thread, you've said your piece and now you're just being a boring prick. 

It’s like this mate if I need to run 2 or put long nets out I don’t bother?

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Pox on stop been so politically correct say the truth you’ve seen mate 

1 hour ago, Penda said:

Trouble is mate half of the people who slag them and say there only good for 1 thing haven't actually saw a good 1 and they just think they have or they've never saw 1 work at all and just go off of stories somebody told them who owns a couple of racing whippets and a show bred collie grey in the pub I dunno I for 1 got the bug on the bull type when I saw a few working as a youth in late 90s 2000 those dogs were good alrounders believe me 

? that’s how people comment on Sal bred plummer books and nonsense lol 

Ive seen plenty mate and know lads doubled up for numbers mate but sold pups as single handed ? ?

49 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Talk sense lol 20 mins full pelt ? ?

Mir 20 mins pacing and that’s before greyhound is added  

37 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

The man's a complete fcukwit and fantasist. He tried to tell us that he's seen a 100 bull crosses work ffs, your into the breed and I bet you haven't seen a 100 work or anywhere close but he has a long with every other cross these islands have to offer lol. 

He's a dreamer and worst of all a lier. 

Dogmandont your the dreamer everyone with a brain knows 5 a night 3 times a week isn’t one dog mate and never was 

mans they missed the early season 1/2 grown out as well ? 

Edited by Gospel