• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

2 hours ago, scotty12 said:

Heard through the grapevine that a bitch direct of Lucas was the best Bitch Robin and Marcus had see. With their own eyes what’s the craic with that ? Any truth in it was killing those hull bush hares like they were myxy rabbits supposedly 

lol hull bush hares i’ve had lads won’t run or slip because there getting smoked lol

didnt marcus say the best hares he’s ever run are hull and scunthorpe ? 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol hull bush hares i’ve had lads won’t run or slip because there getting smoked lol

First time I went coursing to hull my dogs got well and truly beaten, saw some hares round hull & goole that were as good as any I saw on fens

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

I’ve got no shame in admitting the first time I went coursing to hull my dogs got well and truly beaten, saw some hares round hull & goole that were as good as any I saw on fens

defo mate land on some real strong ones they been ran for decades regular day and night the fens you can get away with strong stayers most spots  there spots this way you need everything speed gears be able to work them and have to be excellent around cover with a good mouth 

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

That’s what I’m hearing from the the Auld boys house I was working at today just popped up in conversation about dogs and I could remember this thread when he mentioned Lucas he said top hares at hull and scunny 

says the Lucas bred dogs have been putting them away for fun on that land for years 

yet you were discarding the Lucas bred stuff as useless 

9 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

That’s what I’m hearing from the the Auld boys house I was working at today just popped up in conversation about dogs and I could remember this thread when he mentioned Lucas he said top hares at hull and scunny 

says the Lucas bred dogs have been putting them away for fun on that land for years 

Why is it always ‘Lucas bred’ or whatever when a dog does well, what about the bitches that produced them? It’s always been the way a stud dog lines a few top class bitches that would’ve most likely produced to any dog, then the owner of the stud dog takes all the credit for the pups & makes a fortune lining a load of useless bitches that shouldn’t be bred from in the first place

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Why is it always ‘Lucas bred’ or whatever when a dog does well, what about the bitches that produced them? It’s always been the way a stud dog lines a few top class bitches that would’ve most likely produced to any dog, then the owner of the stud dog takes all the credit for the pups & makes a fortune lining a load of useless bitches that shouldn’t be bred from in the first place

I’m no too sure lad better off asking someone in the coursing game that question or wherever I’m just a neutral asking a wee question after some chat about dogs today with the Auld fella I met 

You still do a bit of coursing or just concentrate on your namesake ? 

what sort of coursing dogs did you run ? What lines were they from ? 

28 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

seen maybe a dozen or more from him not my cup a tea mate 

there’s lads with descent from him but put him 200 bitches a lot from the best breeding you’ll get a few good uns 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

I’m no too sure lad better off asking someone in the coursing game that question or wherever I’m just a neutral asking a wee question after some chat about dogs today with the Auld fella I met 

You still do a bit of coursing or just concentrate on your namesake ? 

what sort of coursing dogs did you run ? What lines were they from ? 

No don’t do any coursing these days, chased them with a few different types, never had anything above average for hares, I’ve seen a lot better than I’ve owned put it that way

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

seen maybe a dozen or more from him not my cup a tea mate 

there’s lads with descent from him but put him 200 bitches a lot from the best breeding you’ll get a few good uns 

Law of averages I'd guess mate  good and bad in any breed 

Would more say a lots down to owners of the dogs and how they manage them good stock men are good stock men 

Put joey Barton in charge of the England women's team they become average at best  insert pep guardiola in the same position the lionesses become something 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

No don’t do any coursing these days, chased them with a few different types, never had anything above average for hares, I’ve seen a lot better than I’ve owned put it that way

Atleast your honest about your dogs and being an average stockman mate, honesty is such a rare thing in the dog game as you probably know yourself 

Fair play