• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

The type of loser, who (for whatever reason) callously leaves his dog behind,..is the stamp of creature that really should be left behind..😕 If it comes on top,...yes,...it can get emotional,..but you must never leave your pals,...and to willingly abandon a jukel simply because it lacks the minerals to slate your thirst, or doesn't come up to standard,...is also a pretty poor excuse🤔

it happens  phil if you want quality you have to be ruthless just leaving dogs on the field dumping them is a little to ruthless for me 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

There’s no man can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Some dogs just don’t have the natural ability for the job no matter what you do with them

That's one of the reasons I have always found lurcher to lurcher bred dogs the best for natural ability. My last good hare dog a bitch bred out of the Beast that was bred out of a line of well known coursing hare killing dogs to a bitch bred down from what we called the Caithness dogs small whippet types owned by the well known character from that part of Scotland. Her natural ability was all down to her breeding. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

First time I went coursing to hull my dogs got well and truly beaten, saw some hares round hull & goole that were as good as any I saw on fens

Hardest hare's I have ever seen was on some land near Goole behind a pig farm as my memory recalls a lot harder hare's than those on the Six mile bottom and surrounding area that I once had a day on with some mates from London. 

7 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

That's one of the reasons I have always found lurcher to lurcher bred dogs the best for natural ability. My last good hare dog a bitch bred out of the Beast that was bred out of a line of well known coursing hare killing dogs to a bitch bred down from what we called the Caithness dogs small whippet types owned by the well known character from that part of Scotland. Her natural ability was all down to her breeding. 

Some of the best dogs I’ve seen personally have came from a mating of line bred coursing types to mixed breed lurchers, I wouldn’t look far past that type in future if I had to get a pup in from someone. I don’t worry about fancy names on pedigrees I’ve seen too many supposedly well bred dogs that were no good

Edited by Deerhunter1
  • Like 2