Saluki's and their crosses.

10 hours ago, Deerhunter1 said:

There’s no man can make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. Some dogs just don’t have the natural ability for the job no matter what you do with them

That’s very true indeed 

but how many dogs must a man go through before looking at himself in the mirror ? 

• Like 5

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rambo, 10 months old ready to start learning his job over the spring 

My rabbiting bitch . Keeps me happy

Right,I'll tell ye this ,once only,....cause I don't bother with the horseshit shovelled out in these pathetic debates,Katchum came with another bloke,he transported back 6 of the pups to England ,he

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

That’s very true indeed 

but how many dogs must a man go through before looking at himself in the mirror ? 

You’re right, but I think a lot depends on how high a persons expectations are, if you’re happy to just mooch about and catch the odd thing here and there almost any dog will do, but if you want to do a lot of travelling on to different types of ground & run difficult quarry single handed then you’ll have failures, it’s just part of the game, and I’m not talking about people who just run hares I mean all different quarry species

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

Catching milky does on the lamp on the slop give the things a chance lol 

when does the winter start in hull when it gets below 10 degrees ??

1 degree last night no wind only copped for 3 big slips only get half a chance  lucky dog make em count 

41 minutes ago, scotty12 said:

That’s very true indeed 

normally go threw a few for a good one

the better the blood more chance you have sankey nuttall went for the breed producing  the goods  they weren’t daft but went threw a few before the foxes and bloodies popped up 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the better the blood more chance you have sankey nuttall went for the breed producing  the goods  they weren’t daft but went threw a few before the foxes and bloodies popped up 

You’re not wrong, people must think sankey & nuttall have never got rid of a dog

• Like 1
23 hours ago, mC HULL said:

lol hull bush hares i’ve had lads won’t run or slip because there getting smoked lol

didnt marcus say the best hares he’s ever run are hull and scunthorpe ? 

When i get this pup put right wouldnt mind giving her a go on them to see where shes at if i could tag a along at some point?

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

get her back like mate pop over back end a season no bother 

Champion. In to see stevie duncan again on wednesday then see where we are to see if i can start jogging her up again. Seems like shes pulling round abit but be flat as a fart there now. Not been off lead in 3week

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

there will always be surplus law of averages but you’ll always get the same people chopping through dogs as well looking for the holy grail some people are just better at bringing dogs on than others 

Sounds like Sankey and nuttal had a wee bit common sense I bet they’ve no got the jab lol 

Edited by scotty12
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

What happened to the Hull bred saluki greyhound stuff MC, were they just crossed into the saluki lurcher bred dogs?

7 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

What happened to the Hull bred saluki greyhound stuff MC, were they just crossed into the saluki lurcher bred dogs?

ye it’s in the beginning of what we have now mate the majority of saluki blood in the coursing bred of today all go back to the pures and saluki greys me old man bred and  run 

fly or mccouloughs sal fred geoff smiths blue all had the saluki grey in them then russ rowley with prince me old man bred that razor breeding back to gingers luke  me old man bred that deacon come from dogs he run 

russ rowley geoff smith chalky white alwyn willie tough geoff ogden all had dogs from dogs  that had run the bush hares this way lol 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, mC HULL said:

ye it’s in the beginning of what we have now mate the majority of saluki blood in the coursing bred of today all go back to the pures and saluki greys me old man bred and  run 

fly or mccouloughs sal fred geoff smiths blue all had the saluki grey in them then russ rowley with prince me old man bred that razor breeding back to gingers luke  me old man bred that deacon come from dogs he run 

russ rowley geoff smith chalky white alwyn willie tough geoff ogden all had dogs from dogs  that had run the bush hares this way lol 

Good bit of history and knowledge there your dad seemed to know what he was doing and talking about, I would have thought he would have passed some knowledge down too you lol 

• Haha 4