Top Five Books?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Waz said:

Very good. The follow up is called The Charity Committee, not sure it was ever released, but it exists (ive read it) in pdf form. Where is the author now though?

Screenshot_20220727-080323.png

Read the Judas Pig book found it a decent read but found the part were they were cutting about with guns like in down town Harlem a bit hard to believe. Wildcats i found a decent read but was surprised to see a few names of lads in it who i know i often wondered if they knew their names were mentioned in this book.

On 26/07/2022 at 15:18, peterhunter86 said:

I seen that before and I've read a bit about the fella he went against,I must buy the book and have a read

That you tube channel is David McKelvey ex O.B.

Ranking Dread - Wikipedia allegedly had the contract on David McKelvey (TM Eye Ltd - Wikipedia)(1) TM EYE - YouTube 

Loads to come out no doubt, proper deep rabbit hole.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Read the Judas Pig book found it a decent read but found the part were they were cutting about with guns like in down town Harlem a bit hard to believe. Wildcats i found a decent read but was surprised to see a few names of lads in it who i know i often wondered if they knew their names were mentioned in this book.

Not read Wildcats, heard the fella had some bulldogs though.

• Like 1
On 25/07/2022 at 17:07, pesky1972 said:

I read A Kestrel For A Knave a couple of weeks ago, probably nearly 40 years after I first read it. I remember like it was yesterday getting it from the library, after watching Kes for the first time. Still a good wee read, and this time round brought loads of nostalgia from reading it a a kid, but also remembering my misspent youth, walking through woods and along hedgerows nesting, and scanning the skies for Kestrels (realistically the only raptor I was likely to see local). 

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to the chip shop  and  club that were  in the  film ,I've climbed  that wall more times for a young  kes or a little  owl ,still there but in a bit of a  state now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 18:32, Waz said:

That you tube channel is David McKelvey ex O.B.

Ranking Dread - Wikipedia allegedly had the contract on David McKelvey (TM Eye Ltd - Wikipedia)(1) TM EYE - YouTube 

Loads to come out no doubt, proper deep rabbit hole.

I believe Ranking dread was a "Yardie" that was causing grief at a brothel they owned and had to be warned off.  The guy who took the contract was Carl "the dread" Robinson allegedly, he may also be known as the predator.........i may also be wrong on that but its my first post so please be kind :).

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...