Top Five Books?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, sid g said:

i`ve got a first edition of this dont know what its worth ?  saw it at car boot few year ago thought it could be worth a few quid cost me 20p  The Three Golliwogs by Enid Blyton (1968-05-03): Amazon.co.uk: Books

WWW.ABEBOOKS.COM

The Three Golliwogs. 1969 by Enid Blyton and a great selection of related books, art and...

I thought it would have been worth in the hundreds at least as a first edition sadly not. 

Pat Barker: Regeneration Trilogy

Cant choose between Hugh Falkus or Moc Morgans Sea Trout Fishing books. 

John Humphreys: Country Gun

Gwynfor Evans Bywyd Cymro: (There is an English language version called "For the sake of Wales")

Brian Moore: What goes on tour stays on tour. 

I've been a keen reader all my life, so I love reading fiction,  King, JK Rowling, Follett, Hill, McDermid, Lin Anderson and many more, at the moment Tim Weaver is the flavour of the month. 

Edited by Aled
Not enough detail!
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Not a massive reader but in my late teens and early 20s i worked shifts and every other week finished 10pm so nobody was around that time so i read a few books , london ganster types etc. Like dave courtney first 2 books because i believed everything in there and i thought he was insane . Years gone by and sadly see him for what he is 

But my favourite and one i would recommend to people was a boom called "watch my back" by geoff thompson . Really enjoyable and not overthe top look at me type of book youd expect 

31 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Enid Blyton wrote the books of my childhood.... The Magic Far Away Tree being a favorite... Feck knows what it was about... ??‍♂️

Yeah that was my favourite!!!

I might buy it for my lad. He will probably think its shit and go back to call of duty 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Enid Blyton wrote the books of my childhood.... The Magic Far Away Tree being a favorite... Feck knows what it was about... ??‍♂️

There was a character called moon face....thats all I can remember 

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah that was my favourite!!!

I might buy it for my lad. He will probably think its shit and go back to call of duty 

Brilliant... I wish I'd done too, but on remembering this, and with my daughter at 13 next month, I fear I've missed the boat.

Please give me some feedback on that book when you get it. Both how it reads, and what your lad thinks of it... I'm too old to remember but thrive on a bit of nostagia...?

The cover of the edition I remember... 

Looking for this I also remember another Blyton I read, The Enchanted Wood... Wish I still had it... ??

Just googling, there's loads of Enid Blyton tattoos on the characters... ?

Screenshot_20220702-211932_eBay.jpg