Top Five Books?

On 24/03/2021 at 19:48, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Can’t possibly choose a top five but these five are constants in my ever evolving book shelf . 

I find it hard to leave “Friday night lights “ off any list of books as it’s the greatest sporting book ever . By quite a stretch . 

I’ll also take off anything by motley crue or guns and roses biographical as I could do a top five easily , notable shout for Steven alders biography . Great read . 

and I’ll remove all historical military non fiction types by both Anthony beevor and Stephen ambrose as you cold fill a top ten by those authors alone. 

So current all time recommended top 5 would be ......

“bury my heart at wounded knee” by Dee brown 

few books affected me like this . A must read for anyone . 

WWW.GOODREADS.COM

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee book. Read 3,958 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. Now a...

“Green eyed boys “  by Christian Jennings . 

how this isn’t a t v series I’ll never know . 

WWW.GOODREADS.COM

Green Eyed Boys book. Read 5 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. The bloodiest battle fought by...

“The trouble with Africa “ by vic guhrs 

troubling , insightful ,amazing . The chapter about lions contains the greatest scene you’ve ever read which describes Africa and it’s complicated relationship with itself and the world in a microcosm 

WWW.GOODREADS.COM

Trouble With Africa,The book. Read 2 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. The title of this...

“The steel bonnets “ by George McDonald Fraser 

essential reading for anyone wishing the border country or with a passing interest in British history . A largely forgotten fascinating period of Mafia warfare . The thought of 5000 Armstrong raiders terrified England and Scotland alike . 

WWW.GOODREADS.COM

The Steel Bonnets book. Read 78 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. If Jesus Christ...

Right this may seem a strange choice but if you’ve read it , you’ll know how good it actually is . It’s very dark , told from the soul and despair of a life spent in pain, addled by addictions to sex , pain killers and 11 Months a year away from your family . This isn’t the book they wanted but it’s the book they got and what a read it is . I’ve mentioned it before to people in conversation and listeners in have interjected and said “ I can’t believe you’ve read that as well” it’s a f***ing great book ! Honestly . 

Hitman  by Brett Hart 

WWW.WORLDOFBOOKS.COM

Buy Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling By Bret Hart. Available in used condition with free...

Read Hitman because of this post, brilliant.. picked up 3 books since and struggled getting through them as it was so good....

• Like 1

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve got all of Howard’s Books the man was extremely interesting and intelligent to get away with what he did even though he did do a bit of time, I crossed paths with him a few times once he was sat

Enid Blyton? " Nature Lovers Book Number 1: Rambles With Zacky The Gypsy " Never forgotten that one. Zacky, a bloke living on his own, who children could approach without anyone suggesting he was

I was brought  up in the  same  village  where it's  based  and  filmed  ,the  author  Barry  Hines  lived there  I went to school  with  his 2 children  ,my  mam still lives there ,next street  to th

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It’s absolutely not what you think is it ? 

I’ve read a few wwf bios and they are generally as interchangeable as the average footballers one but hitman was different .  What a book . 

Is it a biography, I struggle with fiction stuff lol

30 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’ve read a few wwf bios and they are generally as interchangeable as the average footballers one but hitman was different .  What a book . 

“I’m a sex addict……it’s a real disease !” 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yes mate , the auto biography of Brett hitman hart , if you’re not vaguely into wrestling it’s likely best missed . But it’s genuinely enthralling 

OK might give it a go, used to watch that with my dad when he first got satellite TV years ago cheers 

8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Its quite sad reading mate, loads of casualties to the sport, you just don't realise the issues they all had...bunch of misfits really...

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Quite into books at the minute to develop myself and current affairs , latest batch of paperbacks to work through 

IMG_5526.jpeg

If I’d written the two Thomas Erickson books they’re have been the shortest books ever, they would have simply said “Tell them to f**k off…..The End !” 

Edited by WILF
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, WILF said:

If I’d written the two Thomas Erickson books they’re have been the shortest books ever, they would have simply said “Tell them to f**k off…..The End !” 

Have you ever thought about dipping your toes into the world of business consultancy ? 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Have you ever thought about dipping your toes into the world of business consultancy ? 

• Haha 2