Strange things you've seen.

I was about 13yr old staring out of my bedroom window.

And seen a blue tit dropping into the top of a washing line pole a few seconds later a crow landed on top of the pole and reached in with it's beak and pulled him out and flew away.to eat him I presume..

It's allways stuck in my mind for some reason..I've never seen it happen since

What 1 off have you seen...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seeing rabbits and hares swimming rivers to avoid the dogs chasing them....but the best one was a hare running up a hollow log to avoid  capture by my bitch Sally the log went from the ground at one e

I was out foraging for Mushrooms and Fungi one day look up seen this. Its proper made pottery. Cheers Arry

Hooked into a pike on light spinning gear when I was a kid, it came cruising through the water in front of me like a f***ing submarine, flared it's gills, opened wide and chucked up adult brown rat! T

Posted Images

seeing rabbits and hares swimming rivers to avoid the dogs chasing them....but the best one was a hare running up a hollow log to avoid  capture by my bitch Sally the log went from the ground at one end where the hare went in and went up at an angle to about 5 foot of the ground ....the bark was quit thin and we could touch the hare in places where there were tiny holes....we left her there in peace...

• Like 13
10 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I know you lads see them often ,but I have only ever seen one kingfisher and watching it for a while was special for me .

Love kingfishers, maybe my favourite bird ..

there was an amusing vid doing the rounds on whattsap the other month......it was some lads out daytime coursing ...and a roe gets up...the dog starts chasing it then the tables turn and the roe buck starts chassing the dog...all the dog owners mates are pissing therselfs laughing...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

there was an amusing vid doing the rounds on whattsap the other month......it was some lads out daytime coursing ...and a roe gets up...the dog starts chasing it then the tables turn and the roe buck starts chassing the dog...all the dog owners mates are pissing therselfs laughing...

Seen that happen Tomo?

Son in laws lurcher took a few deer but didn’t like the pointy bit lol .Chased the dog into a river no less and swam after it .

Hooked into a pike on light spinning gear when I was a kid, it came cruising through the water in front of me like a f***ing submarine, flared it's gills, opened wide and chucked up adult brown rat! The big girl then whipped her tail throwing the treble and cruised off one way while the rat sank into the depths.

Not particularly strange but cool.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Have seen a pure white blackbird, a pure white magpie and a lamaguire vulture wild in the u,k, but really can’t top seeing a fecking great big black cat stalking along a hedgeline in Dorset in sept 2015 which rather changed my life ????????

• Like 3

Ok in the last week I,ve seen a barn owl hunting during daylight watched a beautiful male sparrowhawk out hunting and 3 roe all on my daily walk and this morning before driving back to Bristol for my babysitting duty’s I saw a lesser spotted woodpecker hiding in a hedge from the bitterly cold east winds all puffed up looking more like a blackbird than a woodpecker which was a first, also see ravens most days but they seem to be doing better than most so no longer a rarity, over the years I,ve seen bitterns water rails and a red fronted grebe which was quite plain and boring but exceptionally rare as I found out when I googled it, also get to see the odd perch and pike striking at all the roach hiding under my boat and have seen a bit of otter sign around the marina when the river is flooding ??

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Have seen a pure white blackbird, a pure white magpie and a lamaguire vulture wild in the u,k, but really can’t top seeing a fecking great big black cat stalking along a hedgeline in Dorset in sept 2015 which rather changed my life ????????

Pied blackbird. Seen half a dozen white and pied ones 

IMG_20210208_162658.jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

i See lots a strange things but one the best was when i was driving through dales one day, an say summat tiny run into road, was racehorses, pick up trucks an a tractor all behind me an I slammed brakes on, sat an looked for a minute an still couldn’t figure out way I was looking at, it kept coming out lil verge half way into road an back again, so I jumped out motor an went for a look, lots annoyed folk behind me ?? turns out it was a wee mole wandering about not a care in world, still don’t know what it was doing but I spent a few minutes watching it, an pissed a fair few folk off ? but it fascinated me ??26C11388-49F3-406A-A2A4-A2194E44B902.gif.6f1339bb8dea9092aeecaa1fe9071386.gif

I saw one once at an ex girl friends parents house running down the driveway wall! I ran out to check the little guy out and I was obviously so fascinated by the experience that it didn't once cross my mind to take the opportunity to flatten the little c**t!

I'm sure to anyone reading this the strange part of it isn't the mole bit but the girlfriend bit. c**ts....

• Haha 4