What's cooking?

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TOMO said:

jesus that's some £££ mac...

100 gram is only 3.5 ounce...so you want a 10 ounce steak ..that's £150 at the cheapest cut

It's OK mate,the kids are on beans on toast this month so I can have the finer things in life ?

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

haven’t tried the wagyu gonna have to give it a go ?

There was a program on about it recently. They said it's the steak that's the special part,the fat runs between the fibres,as it melts it makes the steak tender. The burgers are made from off cuts so it's pointless, as burgers are already tender. The burgers aren't made from the expensive cuts where the value and texture is. They had wagu producer's saying the burgers shouldn't be expensive at all. That said they then did taste tests with the burgers and they won everytime against normal ones.

Mackam has been ripped off though ?

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

There was a program on about it recently. They said it's the steak that's the special part,the fat runs between the fibres,as it melts it makes the steak tender. The burgers are made from off cuts so it's pointless, as burgers are already tender. The burgers aren't made from the expensive cuts where the value and texture is. They had wagu producer's saying the burgers shouldn't be expensive at all. That said they then did taste tests with the burgers and they won everytime against normal ones.

Mackam has been ripped off though ?

?the steaks look descent don’t they dido i’ve been meaning to try some it’s just we’re to order some from

Just now, mC HULL said:

?the steaks look descent don’t they dido i’ve been meaning to try some it’s just we’re to order some from

I had one in a local restaurant. It was ok , nothing special. It was a nice steak but I've had other steaks as good or better. 

I think most wagu steaks in the UK are a wagu bull put over a dairy cow 

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

I had one in a local restaurant. It was ok , nothing special. It was a nice steak but I've had other steaks as good or better. 

I think most wagu steaks in the UK are a wagu bull put over a dairy cow 

i thought wagyu was fed milk treated different diet etc