What's cooking?

43 minutes ago, mel b said:

Where's the cheese ?, I can't see the cheese .  Please tell me you didn't forget the cheese 😫.

never ever had cheese with a salad................you will be asking to see a feckin pickled hamster next...you degenerate8P

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

never ever had cheese with a salad................you will be asking to see a feckin pickled hamster next...you degenerate8P

A salad with no cheese ???, my god , you're a feckin savage !😁

2 hours ago, gnipper said:

How do you weirdos order a chip barm if you don't call it a barm? It's breakfast dinner and tea too while we're at it 👍

i agree with the breakfast dinner and tea gnipper but it’s a chip butty you ask for mate 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Just done a beef stew and I've over done the chilli 🌶 

Any tips on cooling it down a tad ?

Cheers 

Your knackered mate....big spoon of sugar and some acid like lemon or vinegar, maybe a generous dollop of yogurt or sour cream to serve.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Borr said:

Your knackered mate....big spoon of sugar and some acid like lemon or vinegar, maybe a generous dollop of yogurt or sour cream to serve.

Cheers borr I'll  have a go I don't mind the heat Mrs and one of my kids won't eat it lol

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Cheers 

capsaicin the active component of chilli is a oil so you need another oil to thin it out , you could try add a bit of butter into it or just dump a load of grated cheese on it when you serve it or as borr has said  sour cream ect...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chaff said:

Cheers borr I'll  have a go I don't mind the heat Mrs and one of my kids won't eat it lol

Yep I've done a few of them, bloody kids , although is does eventually harden them, mine will eat jerk spice and chilli salted pork and alike now, but sometimes dried powders/pods just have a different burn. My youngest insisted on sliced chillies in his foot long whilst with the missus, she watched him struggle through half , tearing and dabbing his tongue with the napkin, stubborn little beggar and missus used it as an opportunity to prove herself as all knowing to him. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kanny said:

capsaicin the active component of chilli is a oil so you need another oil to thin it out , you could try add a bit of butter into it or just dump a load of grated cheese on it when you serve it or as borr has said  sour cream ect...

Thanks mate quite like the cheese idea will give them all a try and see what works 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i agree with the breakfast dinner and tea gnipper but it’s a chip butty you ask for mate 

It's a butty when it's on bread ( warburtons )

• Like 2

My daughter likes the heat and will have spicy food, my son and Mrs not so much.

Going to grow a few varieties this year they keep well in the freezer.

Fat apparently block's you're receptors so you don't feel the burn I've just been told .

Worst case scenario I'll freeze it and have it myself lol

1 hour ago, Chaff said:

Cheers 

if you want to make it hotter addvinegar if you want to cool it add sugar