• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could do with some to finish my tiling off. 

You set of Henry the VIII cnuts..... ?

Next years cream already brewing you can eat the flowers and leaves as well 👍

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Having a gout attack now in my knee , never felt pain like it.

Been on Colchicin for 2 days and its easing a bit.

No idea what's triggered it as I dont drink.

Feel for ya man ...its fecking horrible 

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Slipknot at work was bad with Gout, he likes to munch daily on waggon wheels, Roysters, Nik naks, pasties, packets of laser beam turkey, ham etc all washed down with litres of neon coloured fizz, weekends of lager, cider, sloe gin 

3 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

Lad I work with gets it says apple cider vinegar daily and bananas seems to work for him 

Drinking Apple cider vinegar is very good to prevent gout , just make sure you rinse out you mouth after or it will destroy your teeth . Eating Cabbage can cause very bad gout .

3 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I had severe pain for almost 9 month I kept getting palmed off by the doctor and diagnosed as fibromyalgia put on co proaxamol and codeine for the pain. Got so bad my knee locked and I was taken to hospital where it was drained and sent for testing. Turned out it was CPPD or pseudogout caused by calcium crystals not uric acid crystal so diet or exercise make no difference. I saw/spoke to at least 6 doctors and not one picked it up especially as I'm active and never smoked and have a decent diet. You may want to mention it to the quack mate.

Unfortunately bouts lasts longer than normal gout and there is no cure but regular steroid injections and draining keeps it at bay but still have flair ups.     

45 minutes ago, paul sr said:

Drinking Apple cider vinegar is very good to prevent gout , just make sure you rinse out you mouth after or it will destroy your teeth . Eating Cabbage can cause very bad gout .

Yep I read that about apple cider vinegar , going to try some along with drinking more water and eating apples and bananas. 

Dont like cabbage and dont drink, not overweight and get plenty exercise, would love to know the trigger, possibly hereditary as my dad has arthritis and my grandfather used to get gout.

3 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yep I read that about apple cider vinegar , going to try some along with drinking more water and eating apples and bananas. 

Dont like cabbage and dont drink, not overweight and get plenty exercise, would love to know the trigger, possibly hereditary as my dad has arthritis and my grandfather used to get gout.

If you don't get gout under control , you can end up with a very debilitating  type of arthritis .

58 minutes ago, paul sr said:

Grapes are one of my triggers, Grapes ffs!

18 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

It's pain like nothing else ,full sympathy  to any sufferer ! I've just been prescribed allopurinol, but Dr says can trigger a bout when you start it and I'm on hols next week, she said start when you get back ! 

I’m on allopurinol and if you follow the instructions about starting to take it, and make sure you take it EVERY day and don’t miss a day you’ll be fine.

Ive never had any adverse reactions or recurrence and I used to suffer dreadfully with gout.

And by the way, mine was/is hereditary, my brothers and dad all suffered from it .

Cheers.

• Thanks 1