any tips ,this is a pain out of this world, like serious toothache in my big toe,had a few outbreaks ,luckily the Mrs nurse mate used to get me a course of steroids ,sorted it rapidly, she now in a breast clinic  so no access, any tips?

• Sad 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could do with some to finish my tiling off. 

You set of Henry the VIII cnuts..... ?

Next years cream already brewing you can eat the flowers and leaves as well 👍

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

any tips ,this is a pain out of this world, like serious toothache in my big toe,had a few outbreaks ,luckily the Mrs nurse mate used to get me a course of steroids ,sorted it rapidly, she now in a breast clinic  so no access, any tips?

Go to the doctor and get tablets 

• Like 1

I feel your pain brother! Lol

Advice is if you enjoy it dont eat or drink it lol

I've got mine under control now but it takes a lifestyle change  4/5ths of my meals now are veggie and the rest is chicken or some fish , red meat and beer are just for special occasions 

You can get away with  voddy or gin so it ain't all bad 

Good luck ? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Cheers Kanny ,its a bitch ,don't think I'm a whinger ,but fukc me this is a bit tasty ! 

It's  orrible  mate 

As chid says you can go on tablets to prevent it but its daily medication for life which i wasn't prepared to do,  im already on tablets for my kidney condition and I didn't want to be on more medication. 

The way I look at it is basically gout is your body telling you that you are doing something wrong and creating an imbalance and tablets only  mask  that .

If you're in mid attack like you are now i take a prescribed anti inflammatory called etoricoxib which works pretty well to calm things down. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Cheers mate,ill make appointment tomorrow 

They'll probably offer you the full-time medication, its upto you what you want do but personally for me it would be the last of the things to try not the first. 

Proper nurofen is about the best over the counter thing you can get ive found but is limited 

I suffered extremely with gout.

Only thing that would ease it was diclofenic, forget proprietary, over the counter stuff like iboprufen.

My doctor said if I got a serious attack twice or more a year, I was to go on allopurinol, one tablet a day for the rest of my life.

I've been on that for a couple of years now, you are eased into it, but never had an attack since.

Cheers.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, kanny said:

It's  orrible  mate 

As chid says you can go on tablets to prevent it but its daily medication for life which i wasn't prepared to do,  im already on tablets for my kidney condition and I didn't want to be on more medication. 

The way I look at it is basically gout is your body telling you that you are doing something wrong and creating an imbalance and tablets only  mask  that .

If you're in mid attack like you are now i take a prescribed anti inflammatory called etoricoxib which works pretty well to calm things down. 

Gout is caused by the body producing excess uric acid, which chrystalises in the joints.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not just diet that causes it, mine is hereditary.

The treatment reduces the amount of uric acid produced, it doesn't just mask the symptoms.

Cheers.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Gout is caused by the body producing excess uric acid, which chrystalises in the joints.

Contrary to popular belief, it's not just diet that causes it, mine is hereditary.

The treatment reduces the amount of uric acid produced, it doesn't just mask the symptoms.

Cheers.

Its a case of whatever works for the individual I think 

I was getting it pretty bad and not just the classic big toe symptoms,  it was cross all my toes and in my ankle and I was getting attacks at least 5 times a year but I had some level of pain constantly 

I didn't personally like the idea of dependency on more tablets  so I've decided to go the diet route and touch wood ive not had anything for 4 months now and my feet are back to normal with  no pain  whatsoever. 

Bottom line is if you're not in pain there's no right or wrongs just personal choice :thumbs:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Its a case of whatever works for the individual I think 

I was getting it pretty bad and not just the classic big toe symptoms,  it was cross all my toes and in my ankle and I was getting attacks at least 5 times a year but I had some level of pain constantly 

I didn't personally like the idea of dependency on more tablets  so I've decided to go the diet route and touch wood ive not had anything for 4 months now and my feet are back to normal with  no pain  whatsoever. 

Bottom line is if you're not in pain there's no right or wrongs just personal choice :thumbs:

To be honest mate, I was sometimes in so much pain I'd of opted for amputation ! ? !

I had to call the doctor out one time, both feet purple and swollen, I was in agony.

He took one look and gave me a diclofenic shot, that's when he suggested allopurinol.

I had it one time when I lived abroad, it was so bad I phoned my son to take me to hospital, I literally crawled on my hands and knees to his car.

If taking one pill a day for the rest of my life alleviated that pain, then no hesitation from me !

Cheers.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

To be honest mate, I was sometimes in so much pain I'd of opted for amputation ! ? !

I had to call the doctor out one time, both feet purple and swollen, I was in agony.

He took one look and gave me a diclofenic shot, that's when he suggested allopurinol.

I had it one time when I lived abroad, it was so bad I phoned my son to take me to hospital, I literally crawled on my hands and knees to his car.

If taking one pill a day for the rest of my life alleviated that pain, then no hesitation from me !

Cheers.

Forget your pain, what if you get side effects 30 years down the line.... ?