On 21/01/2021 at 20:51, chartpolski said:

I suffered extremely with gout.

Only thing that would ease it was diclofenic, forget proprietary, over the counter stuff like iboprufen.

My doctor said if I got a serious attack twice or more a year, I was to go on allopurinol, one tablet a day for the rest of my life.

I've been on that for a couple of years now, you are eased into it, but never had an attack since.

Cheers.

Diclofenac is good stuff. I occasionally get it in my big toe. One pill and you can almost see rhe swelling subsiding. I always ask my doc for a supply so I can treat it immediately rather than go through a lengthy appointment system.

Edited by jukel123

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Could do with some to finish my tiling off. 

You set of Henry the VIII cnuts..... ?

Next years cream already brewing you can eat the flowers and leaves as well 👍

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Diclofenac is good stuff. I occasionally get it in my big toe. One pill and you can almost see rhe swelling subsiding. I always ask my doc for a supply so I can treat it immediately rather than go through a lengthy appointment system.

I used to get a diclofenac injection when I had a serious attack and, as you say, an almost immediate effect on gout. That was when I lived abroad.

My doctor here is loathe to prescribe dicllofenac, because of the damaging effect it can have on the stomach. Last time I had a major attack he came out to see me and it was so bad he prescribed a course of  diclofenac and also pills to counteract the stomach damage that they might cause.

It was this episode that lead to being put on annapurinol for life, and thankfully I haven’t had an attack since.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 2
Just now, chartpolski said:

I used to get a diclofenac injection when I had a serious attack and, as you say, an almost immediate effect on gout. That was when I lived abroad.

My doctor here is loathe to prescribe dicllofenac, because of the damaging effect it can have on the stomach. Last time I had a major attack he came out to see me and it was so bad he prescribed a course of  diclofenac and also pills to counteract the stomach damage that they might cause.

It was this episode that lead to being put on annapurinol for life, and thankfully I haven’t had an attack since.

Cheers.

I didn't know that but I know it can increase your risk of heart attack if taken for too long. The same is true of Ibuprofen. OK for you young  fellas but not for oldies. I only take it for a few days. My doc says take Ibuprofen for only a week when my arthritis is bad, but I hardly ever bother with it. As the Scots say" old age doesn't come alone".

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I didn't know that but I know it can increase your risk of heart attack if taken for too long. The same is true of Ibuprofen. OK for you young  fellas but not for oldies. I only take it for a few days. My doc says take Ibuprofen for only a week when my arthritis is bad, but I hardly ever bother with it. As the Scots say" old age doesn't come alone".

my neighbour has gout  it  spread from his toe's  to his ancles, then to his knees and hips his shoulders elbows and wrists, he said there were times he wanted to die, took nearly two years to sort him out he literally couldn't do anything it can get out of hand pretty quick ,

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, greg64 said:

my neighbour has gout  it  spread from his toe's  to his ancles, then to his knees and hips his shoulders elbows and wrists, he said there were times he wanted to die, took nearly two years to sort him out he literally couldn't do anything it can get out of hand pretty quick ,

cheers bud, thats given me summit to look forward to.lol

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, greg64 said:

I've never heard of gout affecting the upper limbs, not saying it can't, just I've never heard of it.

I think it was the ancient Greeks that called it "heavy blood" as it affected the lower extremities, mainly the big toes.

Cheers.

27 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I've never heard of gout affecting the upper limbs, not saying it can't, just I've never heard of it.

I think it was the ancient Greeks that called it "heavy blood" as it affected the lower extremities, mainly the big toes.

Cheers.

thought the same as it effected my toes and feet only but apparently  extreme cases like his it can and did and he said the spread was quick

What causes gout?How can I prevent gout attacks?Are there any home remedies for gout pain relief?
Let’s chat
See more

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Do the big toe nails go black with gout. Both my big toe nails have gone black recently but are now returning to a normal colour I was getting severe pain in my left one but I put it down to sciatica. 

That's a super veneral disease mate  caught from particularly dirty women. I've been there.

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 2
On 22/09/2023 at 22:01, greg64 said:

Dislike

Copy

Export

What causes gout?How can I prevent gout attacks?Are there any home remedies for gout pain relief?
Let’s chat
See more

Just made a fresh pot for the winter, the more shit you pump into your body the more negative effects it will have on your organs leading to more meds and more negative effects, it’s a spiral that is being encouraged by every GP pharmacy and medical expert the world over, try a bit of barefoot walking as well, it’s what nature intended 

7AADFC90-6F2C-4316-B98C-5B9604FD3766.jpeg

6552E6AA-CA50-4412-8FE3-BCC4C200531D.png

• Like 1