to have the corvid jab or not

1 minute ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

The deaths dropped as we went towards summer this is because coronaviruses are mainly seasonal nothing to do with lockdowns, we will keep having lockdowns until the spring and then the deaths will drop largely in number again over the summer and we will again be told that it is because the lockdowns have worked but in reality it’s just the weather change 

You don't know that though do you? 

Just look at other warm countries that have had it bad. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You said "end of thread "and then carried on 

Just to show it’s not all doom and gloom my daughter has been nominated and won a local hero award for her work through the pandemic, we may not believe all the shit being pumped at us on the news but

Crack on then you Guinean pig but just respect people’s wishes not to, it’s not rocket science and like a typical little lefty you have to throw in the little snide ONLY SENSIBLE PEOPLE LIKE ME, quip

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

good news that mate....have you been taking vit d3 ...or any multi vits

No I haven’t taken vit d3 mate. I did take zinc through the summer & I’ve always taken COD liver oil with added vit d. Those are the only supplements of such I’ve ever taken.

We have really stepped up the healthy eating in recent years & even more so this year for obvious reasons. We’ve also been working out most of the year. I stopped drinking for 3 months before Christmas, like I did at the beginning of the year. Anything really to try & boost our immune systems throughout this year & going into this winter......

...but who knows if any of that could of made a difference? It does seem to be a bit of a lottery in many cases.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

You don't know that though do you? 

Just look at other warm countries that have had it bad. 

Well the lockdowns don’t seem to be working here now and I’d put money on the death rate dropping dramatically over the summer, that must tell you something and it’s been the same story most other countries 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Well the lockdowns don’t seem to be working here now and I’d put money on the death rate dropping dramatically over the summer, that must tell you something and it’s been the same story most other countries 

We haven't been in full lockdown for months and like I said, most folk have not been following the recent lockdown rules at all. 

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Once again did not wearing masks get it out the way,NO did wearing masks get it out the way No, did the first second or third lockdown get it out the way NO so why should another lockdown work, it’s just about finishing off the last few small businesses that have managed to cling on and survive until we are all driving an amazon van ??

That'd make a canny THL comp, videoing ourselves sky rocketing parcels up onto balconies, and shot putting others several gardens down the strip, jukels riding shotgun, it'll be reet

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Greb147 said:

No lockdown was predicted to get it out of the way was it? 

If I'm not mistaken the cases dropped when we went in to full lockdown? 

Now you know as well as me that a big majority of people (me included) have not followed lockdown rules, so let's not pretend we have. 

The cases have simply risen and fallen with the seasons mate nothing we have done seems to have had any real effect apart from crippling our economy and putting unemployment through the roof, possibly different were you are but that’s all I,m seeing, mixed messages and lies from the people in charge large amounts of public money being wasted it’s the blind leading the blind with one lot pretending they no were they are going and the other half following them round in circles, ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Greyman said:

The cases have simply risen and fallen with the seasons mate nothing we have done seems to have had any real effect apart from crippling our economy and putting unemployment through the roof, possibly different were you are but that’s all I,m seeing, mixed messages and lies from the people in charge large amounts of public money being wasted it’s the blind leading the blind with one lot pretending they no were they are going and the other half following them round in circles, ?

don't tell me Greyman , You've done some research?? or perhaps not ??

"COVID-19's daily increasing cases and deaths have led to worldwide lockdown, quarantine and some restrictions. This study aims to analyze the effect of lockdown days on the spread of coronavirus in countries. COVID-19 cases and lockdown days data were collected for 49 countries that implemented the lockdown between certain dates (without interruption). The correlation tests were used for data analysis based on unconstrained (normal) and constrained (Tukey-lambda). The lockdown days was significantly correlated with COVID-19 pandemic based on unconstrained (r = −0.9126, F-ratio = 6.1654; t-ratio = 2.40; prob > .0203 with 49 observations) and based on Tukey-lambda (r = 0.7402, λ = 0.14). The lockdown, one of the social isolation restrictions, has been observed to prevent the COVID-19 pandemic, and showed that the spread of the virus can be significantly reduced by this preventive restriction in this study. This study offers initial evidence that the COVID-19 pandemic can be suppressed by a lockdown. The application of lockdown by governments is also thought to be effective on psychology, environment and economy besides having impact on Covid-19."

from

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7293850/

2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Just this second heard our lass on the phone, asked her who it was and it was the doctors asking her if we want our daughter to have the flu jab. ??

they don't inject children, they get a nasal spray, all the younger ones get it as standard at school, https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/child-flu-vaccine/

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greb147 said:

Just this second heard our lass on the phone, asked her who it was and it was the doctors asking her if we want our daughter to have the flu jab. ??

I,m nearly 60 and have never had one, turn it down every time it’s offered, my wife took it once and was worse than having the flu but once again I just think we should all catch these things to build a proper immunity not as I,ve said before a 4/250 chance of some panel guessing what strain will be around next year as that is all you are getting, it may work like a placebo for some as a lot of the time people are not actually vaccinated against the strains that materialises that year, if you don’t mind me asking has your daughter got anything wrong that she should need extra assistance as I imagine she is not that old ???

Just now, Greyman said:

I,m nearly 60 and have never had one, turn it down every time it’s offered, my wife took it once and was worse than having the flu but once again I just think we should all catch these things to build a proper immunity not as I,ve said before a 4/250 chance of some panel guessing what strain will be around next year as that is all you are getting, it may work like a placebo for some as a lot of the time people are not actually vaccinated against the strains that materialises that year, if you don’t mind me asking has your daughter got anything wrong that she should need extra assistance as I imagine she is not that old ???

I've never had the jab tbh but my sisters daughter has had the flu vaccine for a few seasons now and she's been right as rain. 

We turned down the offer for my daughter anyway, hopefully it doesn't bite us in the arse. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

FB_IMG_1609530398002.jpg.fadd8f53ed88d7e6125fac4234e96df4.jpgFB_IMG_1605358470839.jpg.c8ad289bf4f2bb1ef5bd78ec2e8b981f.jpg

• Like 2

I didn’t see him saying he is anti Vax just doesn’t want the flue jab. 
I’ve  had dozens of vaccines pumped into me because of all the shit holes I’ve had to travel to and all my kids had their mandatory jabs but I’ve never had a flue jab and won’t be having the covid jab. That doesn’t make me an anti vaxer ........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, sandymere said:

don't tell me Greyman , You've done some research?? or perhaps not ??

"COVID-19's daily increasing cases and deaths have led to worldwide lockdown, quarantine and some restrictions. This study aims to analyze the effect of lockdown days on the spread of coronavirus in countries. COVID-19 cases and lockdown days data were collected for 49 countries that implemented the lockdown between certain dates (without interruption). The correlation tests were used for data analysis based on unconstrained (normal) and constrained (Tukey-lambda). The lockdown days was significantly correlated with COVID-19 pandemic based on unconstrained (r = −0.9126, F-ratio = 6.1654; t-ratio = 2.40; prob > .0203 with 49 observations) and based on Tukey-lambda (r = 0.7402, λ = 0.14). The lockdown, one of the social isolation restrictions, has been observed to prevent the COVID-19 pandemic, and showed that the spread of the virus can be significantly reduced by this preventive restriction in this study. This study offers initial evidence that the COVID-19 pandemic can be suppressed by a lockdown. The application of lockdown by governments is also thought to be effective on psychology, environment and economy besides having impact on Covid-19."

from

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7293850/

Nothing to say just copy and paste more spin, your a nurse for f**k sake so maybe instead of trying to carry out your pathetic little digs at me because I love independence and you lost the referendum let’s have some facts with some accompanying pictures, show us the rows of ambulances treating people in the back as we are being told, and not all just parked up doing nothing or the people on trolleys in corridors, it should be really easy for you to prove everyone wrong in your position but you still have nothing more than copy and paste as your answer to everything, I have spent a night on a trolley in AandE also spent a night sat in a wheelchair as there were no beds available this was years before corona so it’s nothing new, we are actually running at lower capacity than many normal years, still trying to sell the polio joke as being of relevance as well shows your stupidity if you have not grasped my reasons for not wanting an untried or tested drug that I don’t feel I need, nothing more so unless you have anything of interest or relevance to say to me, just stop wasting your time and breath ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1