Petrol and diesel cars to be banned by 2030

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable a

It is all la la land.  How many people live where they  don't have off road parking.?  What about those who live in blocks of flats or anywhere where you can't plug into your own building.  You can't

What f***ing off to the moon with a silver spoon? ? 

Posted Images

I used to work in Farming and now on Cranes.  You show me a 200hp electric powered tractor that will work all day pulling a 8 furrow plough or an electric powered mobile crane that will drive 3 hours to site, do a 10 hour shift and drive 3 hours back, couple of hours charge and ready for next shift and I'll believe electric powered vehicles will work

2 minutes ago, sid g said:

talk of the tram going on to the em parkway train station  and a bridge going over the trent to beeston ...

i used to work at barton in fabis....and still get me dog meat from the butcher at clifton...you far from there then sid....im over bingham way now

Every winter we are told we are on the verge of blackouts, down to the last 5% of capacity.

We barely have enough electric power to fulfill demand now.

In 9 years time will we have built, and have on line, enough power stations to meet the demand of millions of electric vehicles, all being plugged in around the same time, between around 4 and 6 when people get home from work ?

Will there be enough charging points around work places, shopping precincts ?

How will the shortfall in road tax and fuel duty be made up, taxes, road tolls "

I think nine years is way to ambitious.

Cheers.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Every winter we are told we are on the verge of blackouts, down to the last 5% of capacity.

In 9 years time will we have built, and have on line, enough power stations to meet the demand of millions of electric vehicles, all being plugged in around the same time, between around 4 and 6 when people get home from work ?

How will the shortfall in road tax and fuel duty be made up, taxes, road tolls "

Cheers.

I’m keeping my gob shut otherwise Born Hunter will be along to give me a throughly good telling off about the benefits of having 10 nuclear power stations on a bit of land the size of a postage stamp ! Lol ? 

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

Edited by Greb147

I think the ICE-only ban is certainly going to happen and is fairly feasible in that time horizon, but I suspect plug-in hybrids will be here for a very, very long time.

EVs and Hydrogen-only by 2030 is a pipe dream. The government have invested just £300m so far in charging infrastructure for EVs and nothing for hydrogen. We need £100-200 billion worth of new infrastructure funding for generation and distribution to meet this demand, Covid-19 will have drained the treasury by then IMO. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Greyman said:

Narrow boats are just sticking a forward and backward forklift truck motor on the end of the prop not a problem, then fitting a diesel or petrol generator to charge the battery’s as they go along not really a success, just have a peak in the back of the AA or RAC mans van, they are all now fitted with generators running on oil fuel to rescue the fleets of broken down electric cars littering the roads, it’s a money making ideology sold to the saps as a green alternative, and I,ve not even started on the number of car fires it’s causing or the fact the current is strong enough to fry you in your seat if you get a bit of bare wire on the body during a crash, 

It all smoke and mirrors,

You know what I've been involved with for a while now, we have been in talks with a huge nuclear power plant who will be supplying this "clean" electric we are being promised....well the 15'000 back up diesel generators tell a different story, fossil fuels are here for good whether we like it or not..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sid g said:

i did a bit  on the fields between bradmore and keyworth 

same...

keeper got sick of telling me not to run hares all the time...ended up beating on the shoot ...and being left in peace to run a few..

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

You know what I've been involved with for a while now, we have been in talks with a huge nuclear power plant who will be supplying this "clean" electric we are being promised....well the 15'000 back up diesel generators tell a different story, fossil fuels are here for good whether we like it or not..

Wind power also has back-up generators due to the erratic performance of windmills.

Cheers.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

15000 generators in 1 place to cover the nuclear plant in case it has problems ?