Petrol and diesel cars to be banned by 2030

4 minutes ago, WILF said:

A builder lad was saying to me the other day that new building regs don’t allow chimneys on new houses ?

Said that is why people are not building, too many regs and it’s too expensive to follow them?

Dont know how true that is 

That is true. The reason I know this is, my niece built a new house this year, no chimney, she said it's the new laws now. 

She has that air to water heating system. 

Atb j 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I,m going to disagree with the leading brain on thl electric is not the future for cars it’s just the latest scam to make everyone buy into something new, it’s not cheap or green but is controllable a

It is all la la land.  How many people live where they  don't have off road parking.?  What about those who live in blocks of flats or anywhere where you can't plug into your own building.  You can't

What f***ing off to the moon with a silver spoon? ? 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jetro said:

That is true. The reason I know this is, my niece built a new house this year, no chimney, she said it's the new laws now. 

Atb j 

It’s nonsense , mate I am off grid for all my heating (other that the electric it takes to power the central heating pump) 

I cut my turf 2 mile up the road, I haul the whole lot down to my house on say a Saturday morning (it’s normally 4 dump trailer loads towed by the tractor)

Thats it.

No super tankers going round the world, No nuclear power stations with their filthy deadly by product.

Cut a tiny patch of turf, 2 miles, job done.

I know it’s not perfect but it’s a lot better than most things, I’m complete surrounded by hundreds of acres of trees so I’m sure they are trapping and recycling a lot of what comes out of my chimney.

Total scam mate

Edited by WILF
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, WILF said:

Nonsense, mate I am off grid for all my hearing (other that the electric it takes to power the central heating pump) 

I cut my turf 2 mile up the road, I haul the whole lot down to my house on say a Saturday morning (it’s normally 4 dump trailer loads towed by the tractor)

Thats it.

No super tankers going round the world, No nuclear power stations with their filthy deadly by product.

I know it’s not perfect but it’s a lot better than most things, I’m complete surrounded by hundreds of acres of trees so I’m sure they are trapping and recycling a lot of what comes out of my chimney.

Total scam mate

Lol.

I know, I know..

We're the same here, it's all a money racket, but that's the way it's going.

They want to stop all turf cutting in the next two years, dont see how, but that's the plan Brussels has laid out for us.

I live in/On the biggest blanket bog in Europe. And they still want to add more to it.

Atb j 

1 minute ago, WILF said:

I see that the other day, that’s about the 3rd landslide this year I think 

I think your right. 

Landslides happen it's a part of nature, thats why I said the wind farm isn't fully to blame imo.

Also the amount of rain fall in the last number of years has risen quite a lot.

Atb j 

16 minutes ago, jetro said:

Atb j 

Nothing to core drill a hole in the wall and run a flue up the outside of the building, house by me has no chimney but wood burner in the front room double lined flue goes through the ceiling and acts as a big radiator as it goes up through the landing, through the loft and out through a vent tile in the roof, you don’t need a chimney to have a wood burner just the will to warm yourself without being reliant on anyone else ✌️✌️

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, WILF said:

A builder lad was saying to me the other day that new building regs don’t allow chimneys on new houses ?

Said that is why people are not building, too many regs and it’s too expensive to follow them?

Dont know how true that is 

I dont think that's the case here Wilf, unless it's a very new rule.

I've been looking at new builds here in Northumberland, and a lot of the more upmarket houses have chimneys and wood burners.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s nonsense , mate I am off grid for all my heating (other that the electric it takes to power the central heating pump) 

Thats it.

Total scam mate

Also

There's talk of stopping all future building of new houses where we are. 

Crazy 

Atb j 

1 minute ago, jetro said:

Lol.

I know, I know..

We're the same here, it's all a money racket, but that's the way it's going.

They want to stop all turf cutting in the next two years, dont see how, but that's the plan Brussels has laid out for us.

I live in/On the biggest blanket bog in Europe. And they still want to add more to it.

Atb j 

I think it’s the commercial turf cutting they are going to stop and to be fair I can see why, drive past those sites and it’s devastated mate, it’s like a moon scape.

But your ordinary household, can’t see how they are hurting anyone.

In the last 3 years it has taken 1 morning every year to haul home enough turf for the year, in fact I have a surplus and I don’t think I will need to cut any next year if this winter isn’t too bad.

I bet I have not dug up 30sq m of ground for that! 
How is that worse than Oil or Gas ? 

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Nothing to core drill a hole in the wall and run a flue up the outside of the building, house by me has no chimney but wood burner in the front room double lined flue goes through the ceiling and acts as a big radiator as it goes up through the landing, through the loft and out through a vent tile in the roof, you don’t need a chimney to have a wood burner just the will to warm yourself without being reliant on anyone else ✌️✌️

Yes

It's easily done. But I'm sure there's some clauses involved, legal ones, if found out. I'll have to ask her. 

You know the way it is now all red tape 

Atb j 

2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think it’s the commercial turf cutting they are going to stop and to be fair I can see why, drive past those sites and it’s devastated mate, it’s like a moon scape.

But your ordinary household, can’t see how they are hurting anyone.

In the last 3 years it has taken 1 morning every year to haul home enough turf for the year, in fact I have a surplus and I don’t think I will need to cut any next year if this winter isn’t too bad.

I bet I have not dug up 30sq m of ground for that! 
How is that worse than Oil or Gas ? 

Well to be fair, we don't have the commercial turf cutting here, like in other parts. The ground isn't in it, no depth. I have seen places your on about, and it does look bad, and doesn't help nature in any way.

Every one here has there own small plot of bog for home heating. Always had, and always will.

It's just he government trying to squeeze more out of the people imo..

Atb j 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

Well to be fair, we don't have the commercial turf cutting here, like in other parts. The ground isn't in it, no depth. I have seen places your on about, and it does look bad, and doesn't help nature in any way.

Every one here has there own small plot of bog for home heating. Always had, and always will.

It's just he government trying to squeeze more out of the people imo..

Atb j 

Yep, that’s exactly what it is......I can’t see people putting up with not being able to cut their own turf mate can you ?

Just now, WILF said:

Yep, that’s exactly what it is......I can’t see people putting up with not being able to cut their own turf mate can you ?

Not likely.

How could they police it, there would be major kick off. 

But why should we give up our right, just to appease some other government (Brussels).

Also is the government will to compensate said bog owners, give them major discounts in buying gas or oil, I don't think so.

I for one most defentily won't stop. 

Atb j