Modern sayings

15 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Not to ridicule the poor black man but why the f**k cant blacks say the word " ASK " ???........why is it always " ARKS "

" I arksed him 3 times "....no you dopey cnut you asked him 3 times.

That one gets right on my tits.

........... the black folk used to say it where I grew up and, even some of the dickhead white lads used it.

• Like 1

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate the way a lot of youngsters talk in a sort of Jamaican patois , kids who’s parents I know are white and live in Gloucester with a West Country accent , but the kids are trying to sound like the

you know shat really annoys me these days....coffee... now I like the odd cup....but everybody has to have a takeaway cup in there hand at all times...drives me nuts .. last Christmas..nativ

Anyone who users these new saying like " I got this" need lining up and shooting    Happy Sunday 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jetro said:

Perhaps its meaning is getting lost in time as few people nowadays literally suck eggs. Many years ago people would suck out the egg contents by piercing the egg at both ends and then sucking on one of the ends. You could reverse the procedure and blow out the contents also. It was such a commonplace procedure then that to "teach your grandmother to suck eggs" was like a child trying to teach as new something the grandmother well knew how to do. The saying still survives despite the fine art dying out in our "civilized" and salmonella fearing culture.

hope this helps

Atb j

Blown plenty of bird's eggs out in my younger days. Just never understood the grandmother saying lol ?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, jetro said:

Perhaps its meaning is getting lost in time as few people nowadays literally suck eggs. Many years ago people would suck out the egg contents by piercing the egg at both ends and then sucking on one of the ends. You could reverse the procedure and blow out the contents also. It was such a commonplace procedure then that to "teach your grandmother to suck eggs" was like a child trying to teach as new something the grandmother well knew how to do. The saying still survives despite the fine art dying out in our "civilized" and salmonella fearing culture.

hope this helps

Atb j

i think it's also down to the probability of your granny not having teeth back then

• Like 1

I have heared some sh!te come out of managers mouths such as....

Blue sky thinking, thinking out of the box,s etc. I think some people try sound clever as deep down they know as managers they actually are well out of touch of what's going on and lack the knowlage and skills to to the job of the person they are instructing. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I once used the word ostensibly at work in a brief and turned round to 8 lads shaking their heads at me .

that was the end of that . 

Yeah i sling a long word in now and again it really turns the ol woman on ?

Usually its in the complete wrong context but you gotta try these things !

28 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yeah i sling a long word in now and again it really turns the ol woman on ?

Usually its in the complete wrong context but you gotta try these things !

Dell quote come straight to mind "Mange-tout Rodney".

Cheers Arry

Over here they don’t say “Bacon Sandwhich” .......they say “Rasher Sandwhich” !.........if you ask for a bacon Sandwhich they look at you like you are from another planet !

Drives me mental !

Some other things that get on my nerves are “Tip” instead of “Kick off” !

”Free out” instead of “Free Kick” 

And my particular hatred “Kick it long, kick it long” screamed over and over and over again when ever anyone except a centre forward has the ball !