New lamping video

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The last 3 comments are why nobody posts anything decent on forums or sites anymore. What’s the point just so it can get picked apart by all the experts

Morton. You’re a massive insufferable bellend. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a hunting post from you.....

the way I see it a rabbit is a rabbit no matter where it lives you still have to catch it. around me numbers have been bad for years. (tomo knows the area). years ago I had bigger dogs and travelled a

Posted Images

10 hours ago, runem said:

That brings back memories , we used to park inside the quarry inside  the workers garages we took our own padlock to secure our van inside ,,one night it all kicked off  police ,  keepers  drove around for hours looking for us  , we just went back to the garage and had a brew waiting for them to get fed up . 

I hope you filled the van with ? it would be rude not to..

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 23:51, TOMO said:

a lot of that area ..don't hold much now morton I new loads of places up that road ..this was all 30 year ago..good times 

We must have crossed lamps at one stage or another,another time that we will never get back.Would you say the lurchers where better then? or where the times better?.I think those times will never be replicated,it was far more honest and the folk we lamped with where far more lurcher savvy.Happy fecking nights that live in memory.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 15:40, stormyboy said:

?????? Fact!! ???

What a fecking inane statement. I was going to ask for an autograph, believing your tales of yore, but you've burst my bubble now.

I don,t really care if I'm honest mucker,if I had attempted to state my case a little better I would have said that the most dedicated lurcher owners had an attitude that put them at odds with fellow owners.What I and many others strived to achieve with labour and sweat,many others attempted to achieve with the purchase of a ready made runner,when a few bred to become a tad better the majority bred to earn a crust.Again I'm not that bothered now but at times I find certain posts worth replying to,happy hunting.

On 08/11/2020 at 23:22, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

You cant hype your dogs up because they caught thousands of rabbits in the Dale's 

I’ll agree with that , lad I no caught 65 on lamp with 1/2 spaniel 1/4 whippet 1/4 beddy 

also another lad I no went up dales on an invite and had 37 out of 40 runs , and that dog couldn’t catch 5 or 6 local 

And another lad who caught 7 out 10 with a full beddy which had never been on lamp befor lol 

• Like 1
Just now, Elchapo said:

I’ll agree with that , lad I no caught 65 on lamp with 1/2 spaniel 1/4 whippet 1/4 beddy 

also another lad I no went up dales on an invite and had 37 out of 40 runs , and that dog couldn’t catch 5 or 6 local 

And another lad who caught 7 out 10 with a full beddy which had never been on lamp befor lol 

Folk that disparage dales rabbits have never ran them,i caught more in the Dales because there was more to catch,i caught less in other places because there was far less to run.I had an higher percentage catch rate away from the dales.A good lamper and his,or her lurcher,knew how to adapt and catch,the rest knew how to make excuses.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

LOL what a load of shit, yes some dales rabbits are easy but not that easy. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

LOL what a load of shit, yes some dales rabbits are easy but not that easy. 

Believe what you want I couldn’t give a shit ,

the lad with the full beddy is on here if he wants to chip in on the convo he can , he put a post on moochers about it saying his dog couldn’t really miss (on about his lurcher ) so then he gave his beddy ago 

the lad who’s dog had 37 out 40 was a lad of here gaz1989 ( or elbow head or Walter Mitty ) Jim invited him and gaz told me him self how many he caugh and he did a topic on moochers wich he stuck his pics up on ,, And I’d seen his bitch run with my own eyes and never did very good local 

the  lad with the spaniel x beddy whippet is a traveler  lad from Nantwich and plenty people no about it ,

your obviously on th3 defensive because most rabbits you’ve caught are from the dales lol 

12 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Believe what you want I couldn’t give a shit ,

the lad with the full beddy is on here if he wants to chip in on the convo he can , he put a post on moochers about it saying his dog couldn’t really miss (on about his lurcher ) so then he gave his beddy ago 

the lad who’s dog had 37 out 40 was a lad of here gaz1989 ( or elbow head or Walter Mitty ) Jim invited him and gaz told me him self how many he caugh and he did a topic on moochers wich he stuck his pics up on ,, And I’d seen his bitch run with my own eyes and never did very good local 

the  lad with the spaniel x beddy whippet is a traveler  lad from Nantwich and plenty people no about it ,

your obviously on th3 defensive because most rabbits you’ve caught are from the dales lol 

I'm on no defensive mate I catch as many rabbits 70 miles away from the dales as I do in the dales like I have once again today. for some reason you seem to have a problem with lads that work their dogs on the Dales even tho you've never been there. 

DA49206F-49C1-464F-BC1C-7DED4C2F5B32.jpeg.327c937f6ae36562ea1d319c0bf3f478.jpeg

? With rabbiting,..you can only catch what is there to catch...

Its a big old country when you start travelling around, and it takes a versatile jukel to consistently , 'attend to business', on unfamiliar  ground..?

I stay close to home now, and just ferret the long hedgerow warrens, in the Southern counties.

A whippet sized cur does just right, especially when getting down and dirty, in the ditch bottoms...

Hardly the stuff of legend, but perfectly adequate for the task in hand...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 8
On 08/11/2020 at 23:47, morton said:

When I say I took thousands off that land folk disparage my remarks,i took over 3000 off that land with a pup,a very good pup that took nearly 200 hares off the A1 Corridor,refused fox and was the best lurcher iver ever owned.Happy times and another world we once frequented mate,

Jacker on teeth, bag of shite then that should have been shot.... 

• Haha 4