• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How the hell is that help full. .lol

Pentewan at 07:00 this morning. Cheers, D.  

We usually head south for our holidays but, because of all the 'f**k off' signs and general pissyness from the locals over the last few months, we went north this year and, I'm glad we did  

Posted Images

It’s pretty busy down there in most places. Campsites are busy and so are the beaches on a sunny day. Busy in most the Devon/Cornwall resorts. I’ve been working in North Cornwall and North Devon and noticed the traffic getting heavier. If you are heading to the beach with family then stock up and take all your own food and drink. Queues are getting crazy for burger vans, ice cream etc. If you are eating out then book well in advance. If I’m just having a look around the beaches and coves I head out early doors to miss the crowds. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, white van man said:

It’s pretty busy down there in most places. Campsites are busy and so are the beaches on a sunny day. Busy in most the Devon/Cornwall resorts. I’ve been working in North Cornwall and North Devon and noticed the traffic getting heavier. If you are heading to the beach with family then stock up and take all your own food and drink. Queues are getting crazy for burger vans, ice cream etc. If you are eating out then book well in advance. If I’m just having a look around the beaches and coves I head out early doors to miss the crowds. 

Sat in traffic all the decking time trying to get to work on a sunny day. Makes you wonder what there all doing on a wet day really 

6 hours ago, smithie said:

For a minute I thought you had 8 kids..lol

I'd want to stay home alone rather than have all the going on at once..

Its terrible missing all that noise and commotion I don't know how I cope  ?

• Haha 1

^^^^^^^^^^^ yep, actually admitting that they came here to get away from all that sheite of wearing masks etc! Selfish twats!

We have gone from no cases a day to double figures in a fortnight, what a surprise that is then. ?

Oh and Cornwall doesn't only survive on emmit money, it's just the cream on the cake.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

Oh and Cornwall doesn't only survive on emmit money, it's just the cream on the cake.

Tourism is one of the bedrock industries in the Cornish economy and Cornwall itself is one of the poorest regions of the UK. It's a bit more than optional dressing mate.

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, mole trapper said:

^^^^^^^^^^^ yep, actually admitting that they came here to get away from all that sheite of wearing masks etc! Selfish twats!

We have gone from no cases a day to double figures in a fortnight, what a surprise that is then. ?

Blake that on the government not the tourists. You can't expect everybody to live in a shell forever. 

36 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Blake that on the government not the tourists. You can't expect everybody to live in a shell forever. 

Blame that on the Government FFS. It's the Government that said keep 2 meters away and use a mask. It's thick twats that are choosing to ignore that and endanger the people of the South West. Come down by all means but a little respect for are Lives our Beauty spots and our Beaches, at the moment we are just being mugged by ignorant selfish twats. The R value is now one of the worst in the country thanks to these thick tourists.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Arry said:

Blame that on the Government FFS. It's the Government that said keep 2 meters away and use a mask. It's thick twats that are choosing to ignore that and endanger the people of the South West. Come down by all means but a little respect for are Lives our Beauty spots and our Beaches, at the moment we are just being mugged by ignorant selfish twats. The R value is now one of the worst in the country thanks to these thick tourists.

Cheers Arry

It's the government that have declared open season. 

If they had still shut up shop then the tourists wouldn't be there it's as simple as that. 

10 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

That's fair comment mate. Problem I've found is that it's a simple fact that many of these touristy places just aren't geared towards being able to implement social distancing. It's alright the campsites and beaches being able to do it but when you have a pokey little path to somewhere (most the places in the south west are pokey) that sees a lot of traffic it's impossible without someone directly controlling it all. Then you get some pondlife twat who hogs an aisle or something taking all the time in the world while folks are waiting two meters away to pass or whatever. Some folks literally use the 2ms to give themselves a competitive advantage. It all just goes to shit.

6 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

It's the government that have declared open season. 

If they had still shut up shop then the tourists wouldn't be there it's as simple as that. 

The Gov' haven't said folks can carry on the way they are though. Unfortunately I think it's just an inevitability. Not that I'd prefer things to be all or nothing.

If it gets that bad they'll implement a local lockdown like they have a stones throw from me.

23 hours ago, TOMO said:

I've managed to talk my Mrs out of going down there next week...cos I know it's going to be rammed ...a few days away in other spots around the uk

Shame Tomo I'd have took you out to catch a few waves, get you set in the right rip current and you could get a free trip to Lundy.........................?‍♂️ lol.

7 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The Gov' haven't said folks can carry on the way they are though. Unfortunately I think it's just an inevitability. Not that I'd prefer things to be all or nothing.

If it gets that bad they'll implement a local lockdown like they have a stones throw from me.

Exactly it's just inevitable really. 

They should have expected this and put measures in place. 

What did they think was going to happen when everyone's summer holidays abroad got canceled along  with the added misery of being cooped up for months. 

Holiday spots should really have stayed closed over the summer but money talks at the end of the day 

Edited by Greb147