How kelpies doing?

23 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

Watched a few videos featuring dave sleight, seemed to me like he was more interested in winning trials & competitions than grafting a dog on a regular basis

You obviously don’t know him then pal.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another aussie type

Mine is turning out as I had hoped, Comes with me everywhere, she can go all day, But just lays quietly if there’s not much going on, Strong desire to work and hunt, can be a bit nervy sometimes

Sod it! I decided to be brave and do it again straight away. Noggin's on the left and Ned's on the right. This was taken on Dartmoor a couple of weeks ago. We went up Cawsand Beacon for the view but t

Posted Images

On 18/07/2020 at 10:41, Neal said:

That was the first cross he did with any kelpie blood. He mated his kelpie x collie (Ruby) to a whippet and produced Gem (for himself), a dog which features several times in Jackie Drakeford's books called Roo owned by Rob Moore (Ithink) and I think Phil Lloyd had one too (I'm sure Phil can clarify but I think his was called Moon). After that he mated Ruby's brother to his whippet x greyhound Blue which produced Purdey and then he did several litters from the same dog to greyhounds. My dog (Moss) was from the first of these litters. I contacted him when he bred the Purdey litter in the hope of getting a future whippet x litter but he switched to the greyhound crosses after that which is why I went for that instead. He was a lovely calm, happy dog.

I reckon about twenty five years ago....that’s a rough guess by the way.....I was talking  no to a woman who I had a meeting with and as  it happened she had quite a few collies......brown and black.....couldn’t  tell you thinking back if she had any kelpies, but in conversation when I was talking about my collies and lurchers she told me she used to stud her dogs out to David sleight for his lurcher breeding.

I nearly bought a kelpie lurcher pup off him about 8 ish years ago, but unfortunately for me I was wanting a bitch at the time. It did seem a bit weird that he was wanting to breed an all brown strain of lurcher, but thinking about it why not. I will say though he was lovely to talk to and was very knowledgeable especially compared to most people who breed lurchers who are full of rubbish....and lies. He also asked if I did have the lurcher pup he would ask one thing from me......and that was to keep him updated on how the dog progressed so he could get an idea how well the litter worked which to me was quite refreshing.

Was out on the hill with 3 litter mates this morning, like peas in a pod, but my mates pup is switched on way more than mine, I plan to rectify that imbalance sooner rather than later

IMG_20200719_154235.jpg

IMG_20200719_121936.jpg

IMG_20200719_105647.jpg

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I just excersize the fcuker mate, the breeder deserves the credit? I’m happy with way she is tho

In my book its the man behind the dog that makes it what it is, the training, conditioning, feeding & effort to put the game in front of it gives you the finished article. 

• Like 3