On 15/06/2020 at 14:08, Dougieboy said:

Where would Casius Clay have been if he only had one arm? . 

the whole point of Tyson being judged a great mover is because of his sheer size. If he was shorter, wouldn’t that make him move even better? 

we have to judge the fighter in front of us and for me he’s the best our country has to offer. He’s undefeated up until now and I hope it stays that way. 

Dougie

??? Brilliant i love it.

I mean would Pele really have been the worlds greatest footballer if he only had 1 leg.....Phil Taylor the greatest darts player if he had no thumbs....magnificent....fair play mate you certainly know sport :thumbs:

• Haha 3

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

??? Brilliant i love it.

I mean would Pele really have been the worlds greatest footballer if he only had 1 leg.....Phil Taylor the greatest darts player if he had no thumbs....magnificent....fair play mate you certainly know sport :thumbs:

Is this the post where I was referring to someone asking where fury would be if he was 5inches shorter? If so what does that have to do with my knowledge of sport? Coming from someone who once said Gaza was the best English footballer we’ve ever produced, I’ll let that go over my head ??

On 15/06/2020 at 19:14, Astanley said:

The point I'm trying to make is ...if the middleweight limit for some reason  was stretched to 14 stone ,then some run  of the mill cruiserweight today would be capable of beating any middleweight in history ,....would that make him the best middleweight ever ?.....heavyweights are so much bigger nowadays but that doesn't make them the best ....and yes I know there were giants in the past ,but they were few and far between ,so rare that most on here could name them ...I personally don't give a rats ass about Fury Wilder AJ ,they are all crap in comparison to some of the fighters of the past .

Bang on.....purely for reasons of " tradition " will boxing not come into the 21st century.

8 minutes ago, Dougieboy said:

Is this the post where I was referring to someone asking where fury would be if he was 5inches shorter? If so what does that have to do with my knowledge of sport? Coming from someone who once said Gaza was the best English footballer we’ve ever produced, I’ll let that go over my head ??

Would you explain to me how having 2 arms is an advantage in the boxing ring ?......unless fighting somebody with only 1 arm of course ?

53 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Would you explain to me how having 2 arms is an advantage in the boxing ring ?......unless fighting somebody with only 1 arm of course ?

Would you explain why you’ve taken my post out of context and then used it to make a similar point to the one I was making in the first place? 

?‍♂️
The point I was  obviously making (simply enough) Is that you can’t judge a fighter with hypotheticals. If he was half a foot shorter is no different to if he had one arm. It’s fictional so void of argument. Judge the man before you. 

quite Sporting really hey Gnasher ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dougieboy said:

Would you explain why you’ve taken my post out of context and then used it to make a similar point to the one I was making in the first place? 

?‍♂️
The point I was  obviously making (simply enough) Is that you can’t judge a fighter with hypotheticals. If he was half a foot shorter is no different to if he had one arm. It’s fictional so void of argument. Judge the man before you. 

Spot on. ?

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dougieboy said:

?‍♂️

? having only one arm is a massive difference, to just being a few inches shorter than someone, especially if you intend to fight in a boxing match, the guy with TWO arms obviously having the 'slight' advantage! ??

Hypothetically speaking, of course ? ............. ? ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, shaaark said:

? having only one arm is a massive difference, to just being a few inches shorter than someone, especially if you intend to fight in a boxing match, the guy with TWO arms obviously having the 'slight' advantage! ??

Wow! ?

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Not against a man with 3 arms. 

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

It depends really the man with 2 arms could have a broken wrist.

Or a hand like Jeremy Beadle.

Or a massive case of tennis elbow that has doctors puzzled by the amount of tennis elbow in 1 man.

So that would even things up a bit maybe.

2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Never forget the old adage, two arm man bests one armed man, unless one armed mans arm is the size of a telegraph pole

2 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Never forget the old adage, two arm man bests one armed man, unless one armed mans arm is the size of a telegraph pole

But 2 armed man could have a horse shoe in his glove. 

So 1 armed telegraph pole arm man would be in trouble.