12 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Ali fought in a much better era against far better opponents than fury has faced you must admit max this is a poor division compared to Ali era so I don't think you can take it as gospel the word of just one man can you 

food for thought, his namesake iron mike coming back , be interesting  if then 2  had a go , if he as fit as they say even if mid 50s , i reckon he  KO  fury , what do you think  max ?  if your lookin in

• Haha 2

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, bird said:

food for thought, his namesake iron mike coming back , be interesting  if then 2  had a go , if he as fit as they say even if mid 50s , i reckon he  KO  fury , what do you think  max ?  if your lookin in

Tyson couldn't even beat lard arse Kevin McBride back in 2005, Logan Paul would probably beat him now. ?

I'm old enough to remember the "Golden Age" of boxing, starting with Ali v Liston, ( just, I was 12).

And as much as I admire Fury, I have to paraphrase Ali; " If Fury even dreams he could have beat Ali; he better wake up and apologise ! "

Cheers.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I'm old enough to remember the "Golden Age" of boxing, starting with Ali v Liston, ( just, I was 12).

And as much as I admire Fury, I have to paraphrase Ali; " If Fury even dreams he could have beat Ali; he better wake up and apologise ! "

Cheers.

Many people claim things about ali charts. Personally I couldn't give a f**k how 'racist' he was, his 'islamic' beliefs, after he was born a 'free' man with a slave name etc etc etc. Fury would NOT have lasted five rounds with him .................... FACT ?

31 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Many people claim things about ali charts. Personally I couldn't give a f**k how 'racist' he was, his 'islamic' beliefs, after he was born a 'free' man with a slave name etc etc etc. Fury would NOT have lasted five rounds with him .................... FACT ?

One of my great regrets is that I had the chance, twice, to meet Ali, when he visited my kids school and the American embassy in Saudi. I was invited both times, but didn't make the effort to go.

Will I regret never meeting Fury, in 40 years time ? Somehow I doubt it.

Cheers.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Anyone can cut anyone can get knocked out Especialy at Heavyweight and Especialy at that level .

Fury was robbed first fight after coming back from the brink mentally and physically ' second fight with more time to get conditioned he beat Wilder up.

Yeah, and I said as much, as you know already, fury should've got the decision

47 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Far more stupid in reality saying hearts would beat fury.

Wilder would beat hearns and he can't beat fury first time around ?

Hearts?! Are you on the drink again max? Nothing really wrong if you are, we all like/deserve a few slurps now and again. But by god, when you've had a few slurps, you don't half talk some complete and utter WAFFLE!! Lol

I presume he is but we don't even know if Fury is the best of his era just yet. For all it's recent hype the HW division is still filled to the brim of what if fights. 

Ali has the best resume of any HW in the sport, your dancing partners make you become an ATG. 

22 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

One of my great regrets is that I had the chance, twice, to meet Ali, when he visited my kids school and the American embassy in Saudi. I was invited both times, but didn't make the effort to go.

Will I regret never meeting Fury, in 40 years time ? Somehow I doubt it.

Cheers.

Possible regrets  charts. Bear in mind ali, or 'clay' really was discriminated against in late 50's louisville kentucky. When was fury born? Manchester, england, traveller site, whatever. Don't try to tell me he was 'discriminated' as much as ali.

Not having a go at you charts, just trying to put things as they are/were

One thing that Ali was brutal at and that was cutting people up, he made most fighters face turn out like a butchers block. 

Fury could make it a rough night for him by roughing him up and manhandling him but Ali was very strong in the clinch himself, he would pick Fury off and cut him up IMO. 

1 minute ago, maxhardcore said:

How do you know that's a Fact ?

You don't ' your being daft again ?

Was just copying the SHITE you write about fury as a FACT.  FACT is fury IS ordinary, well, just about. He certainly IS NOT the best boxer ever to be born on the planet, you f****n PLUM!!! ?

4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Possible regrets  charts. Bear in mind ali, or 'clay' really was discriminated against in late 50's louisville kentucky. When was fury born? Manchester, england, traveller site, whatever. Don't try to tell me he was 'discriminated' as much as ali.

Not having a go at you charts, just trying to put things as they are/were

In 40 years time I'd be 108 ! So, if I was still alive, and compus mentis, I doubt I'll be regretting anything ! LOL !

I quite like Fury as a boxer, but, in my opinion, he couldn't lace Ali's boots.

I couldn't care less about them being gypsy, Muslim, where or when they were born. I'm simply looking at them as boxers.

Cheers.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

One thing that Ali was brutal at and that was cutting people up, he made most fighters face turn out like a butchers block. 

Fury could make it a rough night for him by roughing him up and manhandling him but Ali was very strong in the clinch himself, he would pick Fury off and cut him up IMO. 

Let's be honest here. That's all fury has over other current heavyweights is height and weight.

When was the last time you heard of a welter  middle  light heavy, or whatever, outweighing their opponents by at least 2.5-3 STONE? NEVER!!

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Look at everything he's won and achieved since first stepping into the gym.

Speaks for itself .

The man has had no real opponents, given his height and size. Even you can understand that max! Well  maybe not, as you're claiming fury to be 'the best boxer that's ever been born on the planet'. Hehehe