• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rogerbill said:

Dont mean anything,he has improved a lot since then.

exactly...spot on ....now  read my post again ...

I was replying to max who stated Cooper droped Ali ....wich he did...

Ali won that fight ..yes by cheating but still went on to become the best we have seen....he lost a few fights but was still the best

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Rogerbill said:

Who knows [BANNED TEXT] really goes on behind closed doors,whos ducking who,in a sport full liars its difficult to work out whos ducking who,did aj not want the wilder fight or was it the other way round,god knows....

Exactly....so you can only go on facts/their records...........and beyond Wilder,Fury has managed to avoid every current top heavyweight out there and instead fought meaningless no hopers and now a third fight with Wilder....no other top heavyweight has been able to avoid other top heavyweights so as you say not knowing what go,s on behind closed doors you can only say what you,ve seen.

18 minutes ago, Rogerbill said:

Thats a good point,the scwarz and wallin matches were bad for the sport in terms of them being totally unheard of never fought at world level.i hate to see boxers fight at world level then fight joe the mechanic,its a poor heavyweight era thats for sure.

I think he was lucky because some refs would of stopped that wallin fight with that cut to fury 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Rogerbill said:

Thats a good point,the scwarz and wallin matches were bad for the sport in terms of them being totally unheard of never fought at world level.i hate to see boxers fight at world level then fight joe the mechanic,its a poor heavyweight era thats for sure.

I mean its not like he,s a young prospect finding his feet is it the geezers been a pro for 12 years for f**k sake ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I mean its not like he,s a young prospect finding his feet is it the geezers been a pro for 12 years for f**k sake ?

12 years a pro and then scwarz,off the top of my head i cant think of a fight with a bigger gap in terms of ranking an skill,and what happend to donating his purse to charity,i rate fury as a boxer but hes a c..t of a person.

1 hour ago, Rogerbill said:

12 years a pro and then scwarz,off the top of my head i cant think of a fight with a bigger gap in terms of ranking an skill,and what happend to donating his purse to charity,i rate fury as a boxer but hes a c..t of a person.

Have a look where a lot of wilder's opponents were ranked Rb. Will leave you scratching your head lol ?

These 'official' rankings don't mean that much in these modern times, and can/do get 'rigged' depending on who can put up most money etc. Wallin was ranked 43rd, but just before the fury fight was made/agreed, suddenly he was up to 5th I think lol.

That's what has put me off the last few years, the ridiculous politics etc of modern boxing 

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Have a look where a lot of wilder's opponents were ranked Rb. Will leave you scratching your head lol ?

These 'official' rankings don't mean that much in these modern times, and can/do get 'rigged' depending on who can put up most money etc. Wallin was ranked 43rd, but just before the fury fight was made/agreed, suddenly he was up to 5th I think lol.

That's what has put me off the last few years, the ridiculous politics etc of modern boxing 

43 to 5th is mind blowin,boxing makes the assad regime look honest,i looked at deontays title defense s,ortiz and fury,rest are poor and ortiz is god knows how old,your right about the politics of boxing,killing the sport

• Like 1