3 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

That's my point, he just wasn't as skilled as Fury. 

Although physical attributes are part of the arsenal size alone won't make you champion of the world. 

Right, I get you ?

• Like 1

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

Let's see how Fury's career pans out, he blows hot & cold by the day. 

One minute he says he wants to make numerous defences and the next minute wants to retire after he faces Wilder. 

If he goes on to beat AJ and all the other top contenders then he deserves to be put in the discussion of the ATG league IMO. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fury’s improved because his mental health has, he still has more to show and will be better than he has ever been providing his head stays right, you can never compare to past tense but someone his size and skill Against some of the greats , who knows 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, cantona said:

Fury’s improved because his mental health has, he still has more to show and will be better than he has ever been providing his head stays right, you can never compare to past tense but someone his size and skill Against some of the greats , who knows 

You’ve hit the Nail well and truly on the head. If the lad can keep his head straight and stay sharp, I don’t see anyone on the planet beating him. This is why his fans are rooting for him. He was a broken man and if he can finish what he’s started then for that reason alone he deserves to be remembered as a great. Just look at how aggressive Iron Mike Tyson looked as a kid, he beat men before he took his robe off, yet he couldn’t keep his head in the game and the rest was history. 

As the greatest of the Greats once said.
A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t

Jack Dempsey 

20 minutes ago, Dougieboy said:

You’ve hit the Nail well and truly on the head. If the lad can keep his head straight and stay sharp, I don’t see anyone on the planet beating him. This is why his fans are rooting for him. He was a broken man and if he can finish what he’s started then for that reason alone he deserves to be remembered as a great. Just look at how aggressive Iron Mike Tyson looked as a kid, he beat men before he took his robe off, yet he couldn’t keep his head in the game and the rest was history. 

As the greatest of the Greats once said.
A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t

Jack Dempsey 

How do you say he was a broken man?

2 minutes ago, king said:

How do you say he was a broken man?

He wasn't exactly in great nick was he? 

To have that lay off and come back like he has done is impressive and takes a lot of character. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, king said:

In what way ?

Did you see the size of him? 

Not many recover and get back to the top after letting themselves get that carried away on drink & drugs. 

Edited by Greb147
Just now, Blackmag said:

Mentally 

That as well, even though I think it's overplayed and a bit of a smokescreen for other matters I do genuinely believe he had mental demons. 

You just have to watch the gloves off episode before the scheduled Wlad rematch. He basically said he'd had enough and couldn't give a toss if Wlad knocks him out, his head was all over the place. 

5 minutes ago, king said:

Yea he pulled the mental health card after failing a 'drug test' 

To get his boxing licence back.

That I do kinda agree with but I do genuinely believe think he suffers from depression. 

4 minutes ago, king said:

Yea he pulled the mental health card after failing a 'drug test' 

To get his boxing licence back.

No buddy he lives not far from me in hare courses cottage I believe it's called my nephew lives near by and talks regular to him when he's home and doing the school run even he says he's different now fury use to annoy me but theses last 18 months since he sorted his head out which I believe isn't easy when your down as much as he was  I have grown to like the man he does a lot for people locally that doesn't get reported and he doesn't want it to anyone that comes back like he has and his wife and kids watching him and supporting him through it get my respect buddy I wish him atb 

• Like 7