1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

Makes you wonder how good Fury could  be if he could go back to that era ?

He seems to just up his game the better the opponent .

Like I say time and people progress and move on.

Usain Bolt would beat Jessie Owens giving him start.

I agree max he does seem to up his game against better opponents but how many have slipped up by not upping there game against opponents they are  just expected to beat easily and I agree coming from as low as he was and as you say imo beating wilder in there first fight was a fantastic achievement but I don't think he would of beat Ali foreman ect 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Say no more

Ali after beating sonny liston at 22 yrs old in 1964 (56 years ago)    If people are still talking about him as the greatest nearly 6 decades later, I think it’s fair to say it’s b

You see Greb ,it is possible to make a nonsensical , unbelievably daft post ,about a subject you have no personal experience of without insulting people look an learn ,be nice.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Let's be honest here. That's all fury has over other current heavyweights is height and weight.

When was the last time you heard of a welter  middle  light heavy, or whatever, outweighing their opponents by at least 2.5-3 STONE? NEVER!!

But that's part of his arsenal though Shark pal, it can't just be dismissed. 

Size is a factor in the smaller divisions too, height & reach matter. 

Yes that has a big bearing on his success but don't you think the cumbersome side to him is caused by him being so big and ungainly? 

13 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

But that's part of his arsenal though Shark pal, it can't just be dismissed. 

Size is a factor in the smaller divisions too, height & reach matter. 

Yes that has a big bearing on his success but don't you think the cumbersome side to him is caused by him being so big and ungainly? 

Yes, I get that. But at 11 1/2 stone a middleweight boxer wouldn't be fighting a 14 stone boxer. Which in effect, is EXACTLY what fury is doing. Put him in with another heavyweight of the same weight, be a different outcome in a few of his fights

Just now, shaaark said:

Yes, I get that. But at 11 1/2 stone a middleweight boxer wouldn't be fighting a 14 stone boxer. Which in effect, is EXACTLY what fury is doing. Put him in with another heavyweight of the same weight, be a different outcome in a few of his fights

Not really, he would box the likes of Breazeale's head off IMO. 

18 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Not really, he would box the likes of Breazeale's head off IMO. 

Breazeale isn't even in the top 50 heavyweights, look it up lol

Sorry, he's ranked 15  ..... 15 ffs ?

Edited by shaaark
6 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

You keep saying given his height and size .

Others with his height and size would be hopeless 

Ie the even bigger Ruski I mentioned earlier who Haye beat.

Fury is the all round package has enough of it all to beat anyone past or present .

His Nemesis is himself or Memphis lol 

Right  this is my last reply on the subject to you, so take it in max.

Valuev, the russian that fought haye, was well over 300lb, and outweighed hay by 99lb. 

Yes, valuev was rubbish, and haye was a small heavyweight, moving up from cruiserweight. Can you not see parallels with fury's career, given that he outweighs ALL hus opponents by at least 2 stone?! Not really that fair is it? Even you must understand that.

Fury, even if he beats joshua, which I don't think he will personally, will NEVER be a GREAT heavyweight. Simply because, in this era, he's had no greats to beat ?

21 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Breazeale isn't even in the tp 50 heavyweights, look it up lol

He's dropped that far down? My point is though he would likely outbox anybody his size or bigger, of course there's plenty of fighters coming through the ranks of which some may trouble him but you can't face everyone. 

21 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

He's dropped that far down? My point is though he would likely outbox anybody his size or bigger, of course there's plenty of fighters coming through the ranks of which some may trouble him but you can't face everyone. 

Breazeale is POOR AS f**k, that's what I'm saying. And the fact that wilder decked him in the 1st should tell you how poor he is

19 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Breazeale is POOR AS f**k, that's what I'm saying. And the fact that wilder decked him in the 1st should tell you how poor he is

Who are these fighters his size that would beat him though? 

2 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Everyone entitled to an opinion .

As I say Bolt would blow Lewis away ect

Times move on

Humans progress ect

Wrong max..

humans don't progress..'fact'..

4 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Well maybe humans as a whole don't ?

Due to all the processed shite most eat nowdays.

But Elite athletes do I'd say .

Wrong max.elite athletes don't progress..they are the same now as they were 100 years ago and further back..

• Confused 1
Just now, maxhardcore said:

I disagree with you .

How are they faster ' Stronger ect if they ain't progressing ?

Today's runners ain't faster than 100 years ago max..

• Confused 1

Max, you b*****d, I said to myself that ' YOU WOULDN'T WIND ME UP ANYMORE REGARDING FURY'!!!! I was  wrong, you wound me up, to a degree ......... but I'm still right, ......... fury's SHIT ?

9 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

The Facts are he's probably the best the planet has ever produced.

His size is only a advantage because he moves and boxes well.

That Russian bloke was a huge Neanderthal but was basically shite.

Didnt Haye beat him ?

I will say it again I believe Fury would just have to much for Ali if it were possible to cross generations.

A Unbelievable heavyweight talent who's won almost everything there is to win in the game at all levels.

Best ever ? he ain't even proved he's the best of this era 

• Like 1