Back up at the shoot

A late afternoon walk around the shoot, mainly to shoot a few rabbits around the farm, I had a walk around the piggeries first where I shot a rabbit and as I did 11 fallow doe’s came out and ran down the field and back into the wood, I swear they know that they are out of season ☹️ Heading back to the large field at the back of the farm I shot another 4 rabbits along the oak wood before going to the small grazing field next to the house where I shot an adult before getting 2 for 1 with a 100 yard double head shot on 2 new ones, they must have just come above ground because they were very small, but they grow quick and they would soon of been in the veg patch ?

E2C43AC0-4514-4F84-9A93-0CBB739AC639.jpeg

00093CD3-4C89-48E4-A497-EFE491ADBDDF.jpeg

72C7C897-6EA1-4FFE-86CA-4FB6A93BAD9C.jpeg

C5FEA273-40A1-4F90-B0CC-06E282ED61C2.jpeg

• Like 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I had an evening wander around a sheep farm as a few lambs out now. I eventually ended up heading for a small copse and decided to lay and watch until dark. There is an old buck who resides here , I saw him 3 times last year but could never get a shot.Tonight he basically gave himself up , I had literally just settled into my position and 2 minutes later he appeared 150 yds away broadside. He was going back and better off the ground to let a younger buck move in ?

20220402_194334.jpg

• Like 6

Quick message mostly to mr Sausagedog.  My mothers best champion racing whippet has just come into season and i think if i could find a good bedlington terrier i could persuade her to et it have a litter of pups.  Do you know of anyone in the north with a good sire?

If anyone can help PM me please.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sparky the hunter said:

Quick message mostly to mr Sausagedog.  My mothers best champion racing whippet has just come into season and i think if i could find a good bedlington terrier i could persuade her to et it have a litter of pups.  Do you know of anyone in the north with a good sire?

If anyone can help PM me please.

I don't mate sorry but yeah, wise choice sir ?

2 hours ago, David.evans said:

Well mate 

a nite out , and the next day in bed , go get her SD 

SHES taking the piss now mate , but she might have cubs now , and play. The simpthey card on ya 

Her time will come. Can't get them all, besides, keeps me driven. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Her time will come. Can't get them all, besides, keeps me driven. 

I was watching 3 last week.. I’d seen 1 in with the sheep and they weren’t bothered and there’s no lambing going on there so it got a free pass!

I take it it was dog and vixen and one of last years hanging in as a helper, as all chilling at the edge of a neighbouring wood that I can’t shoot 

• Like 1

A walk around the sheep farm, just to out the house, my god it was freezing and the wind was crazy, I only managed 5 rabbits and a one eared hare, found some fresh fox poo over the far side, so used the hoppers as bait and I’ll be back for a look this week if the weather ok and I don’t work myself to death in the next few days ?

42DDEE0E-1154-4F4F-B3ED-A9E6A189AAC5.jpeg

0A845C70-3C77-45E8-A72F-1AD1A8E86BA9.jpeg

BD6F7341-35DB-4FD5-84C8-AD213FB94118.jpeg

• Like 5