Dog been a c**t

1 hour ago, Balaur said:

I cured a collie X of not getting in car by leaving boot open and driving off, he'd enter that vehicle at about 30 mph. Also down dunes if he'd had enough of ball thrower he'd walk the ball into the sea or drop it down a rabbit hole. So carrying 6-7 balls cured that. Stole food, pissed on people, drag you around all night on a slip , jacked on gear, just too highly strung and wired a bit wrong , fine on bunnies became a serious problem with other dogs, gave him 5 years. I like the bitch I got now, decided to get as far away from what I had as I could , as it's a lot to invest in a dog for it not to be enjoyable, I agree just testing you, try and outsmart the beggars rather than snap and destroy the bond. But as said some serious work will cure it I'm sure....

Now I know thats not BS for two good reasons ; first because driving off in the car is how I dealt with it. It was that bad. Even then I wasn't going to leave him so didnt go far and the smart arse recognised that and it took separate 3 occasions for the message to sink in.  Second is that one of 2 other first cross collie greyhounds Ive had over the years would drop her ball in ditches if she got bored, although that was her only vice. Both of those other 2 were in general a delight to own, they were bitches mind you.  Still I shouldnt bad mouth him too much as he does the job

Gandalf jumping longnet.jpg

Gandalf rabbits.jpg

Gandalf wet ferreting day.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 mon

Who ever is at the house needs to flog him so he fcuks off back to the golf course. ???

Don't let him ruin another outing or you can lose patience, take the buggar back to basics, back on his lead, recall training on long lead with treats etc, don't matter if he loses fitness it's summer

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

They need a good slapping sometimes to get them out of their mindset at the time.I brought some new chickens and my old blue bitch (who never looks at the chooks) decided to make a meal of the new ones.I just held her and slapped her until she got out of her frenzy and she has never even looked at them again.If it's going to run home anyway,give it a good reason ?

Came home once to find my best ferret dead ... Kids let it out, went through 6 dog runs, playing with lurchers and terriers... until it got to the last run.... Young dog I had back off someone, mullered it?I thrashed and beat the c**t unconscious with the dead jill.... Never looked at another?

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Declan. said:

Hahaha say no more fella ??

Mines f***ing same come here come here come f***ing here you ignorant c**t ya ? Every b*****d looking. Them ya get recalling there Cockers to shin head up ? smiling over. Cocky c**t ya 

As others have said,back to basics.Dogs have an uncanny way of sensing the owners frustration and anger,with some dogs a change in the owners tone of voice will trigger an escape response and the mutt will  do one and totally ignore any recall,your lucky its heading home because at some point it won,t.Ive had it before and i went back to basics,carried a pocket of treats and a stimulus for the treat,i rattled a tic tac box with a few pebbles in.Another thing i found useful was a tennis court,when the mutt wanted to feck off it could,t,id sit there watching it run round looking for an escape route,eventually the mutt would come to me,a few lessons in the enclosed area,a rattle of the box and treats offered and it improved,with 1 lurcher i owned it worked for a while but the mutt went back to its errant ways,was ok for months at a time and then took a deaf un and fecked off,the lead shot that followed it the last time it did it cured the fecker,a better owner could have persevered and mended the mutt but it started to affect the rest of the pack,fall out with one and the others sense it.Id given the mutt my best and could,nt pass a dog like that on to another.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Igz said:

So then over the last 2 weeks my young dogs started to be a bit of a c**t. Stubborn, not listening and twice he’s run off home from the golf course a few minute walk from my house. Across a main A road this is. I think if it was busy and we wasn’t on lockdown I’m not sure he’d have made it home. Now I got this dog at around 13-14 weeks old and he’s now 18 months. Never had no problems really, quite responsive recall never a problem, I’ve spent a lot of time with this dog and there’s been loads of time and effort put into him but here’s the story. Out on our daily walk 10 days ago or around that time anyway feckers rolling round in fox shit so calling trying to get him to stop no response carries on carry on telling him still ignoring me. Walk over to him he gets up walks off circuling round me like I’m gonna hit him and just for the book I don’t hit my dogs. They may get a little tap and told no but that’s about it so it’s winding me up more knowing it’s not like he coming back to a hiding . Get down to my knees and start to call him in with that silly voice we use when there young, still fuckall. Start to walk off other way he turns round opposite way as if going home. A little gander around I realise bet he gone f***ing home. Gets home he there kids let him in front door even though we always go out back. Cheeky c**t ?. Again tonight, me and my son take a walk bump into other dogs ( males) won’t leave em alone won’t listen. Then see lad I know he got 2 male pugs. Same again won’t leave them alone standing over the one completely blanking me, on one knee calling still fuckall. Go over to put him on lead, walks away last second and looks at me as if to say f**k you im off home and just goes. It bothers me as this could cause problems round by me. There’s lots of roads and like I say if the road was busy he’d be lucky to still be here. I’m not irresponsible and if he was to cause an accident or something ya never know having kids I think of these things I’d feel gutted if a child was in car I don’t want to give up on this dog as like I said I’ve had plenty of enjoyment with him and he still only had a taste showing great promise but also can’t live with a dog that’s a funny f****r that could bring trouble to my door f***ing off when he thinks it’s ok, tonight he never even made it back before someone had him in the car and luckily I’d phoned my mrs to look for him out front and woman seen her looking as she driving up road. I’d never pass him on as I’ve had this dog out and about morealess ever day of his life since having him so couldn’t see him sat in a kennel just getting out two three times a week so if it doesn’t work for me that would be it and I know I’d only be passing on a dog that has faults and I don’t think he the kind of dog who would be happy as a pet. We’ve been to this golf course morealess every day since lockdown and we spend hour and a half to two hours there and we’ve done it the last ten days between the twice he’s f****d off on me. Is it his age and he just trying it, is he just immature but you wouldn’t say so if you seen him out he’s switched on putting his own stuff up. Like I say if he was a dog that got a belting I could understand and that’s the hard part for me is he just gonna carry on been a c**t. Anyone experienced this. Atb Igz

pups go threw a period of being stubborn and thinking they no best but normally around 9 months .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, morton said:

As others have said,back to basics.Dogs have an uncanny way of sensing the owners frustration and anger,with some dogs a change in the owners tone of voice will trigger an escape response and the mutt will  do one and totally ignore any recall,your lucky its heading home because at some point it won,t.Ive had it before and i went back to basics,carried a pocket of treats and a stimulus for the treat,i rattled a tic tac box with a few pebbles in.Another thing i found useful was a tennis court,when the mutt wanted to feck off it could,t,id sit there watching it run round looking for an escape route,eventually the mutt would come to me,a few lessons in the enclosed area,a rattle of the box and treats offered and it improved,with 1 lurcher i owned it worked for a while but the mutt went back to its errant ways,was ok for months at a time and then took a deaf un and fecked off,the lead shot that followed it the last time it did it cured the fecker,a better owner could have persevered and mended the mutt but it started to affect the rest of the pack,fall out with one and the others sense it.Id given the mutt my best and could,nt pass a dog like that on to another.

Funny you mentioned tennis courts that or carparks they don't hold hold the same sent as grass and you can lock them in so you become the focal point of its  attention without distraction but the lad that ownes it might be half the problem and what's happening at home when he's not there might be making it worst I hope he gets sorted either way 

Edited by Blackmag
7 hours ago, planete said:

Hummm...King's advice is spot on IF the dog is a natural retriever.  I have got one of those and I got him ball obsessed and it has really worked to keep him focused on me.  My other two will retrieve the ball once or twice perfectly, then pick up the ball and run off with it next time.  They don't seem to find balls as interesting as rabbits somehow and look at me as if I am daft to keep throwing the thing.  i have tried getting them worked up about it, short throws, rewards, nada.

Well all’s gone ok today, like I said he not like it constantly only on them two occasions and like Morton’s said it maybe the tone of voice as we went out earlier on bike then just got in now from 3 hours out and not a problem. Straight off the lead from out my van onto a patch they know quite well but we not been there for a couple of months. A lots grew up but he’s run the legs off himself. Normally still flying round the garden when we get back but tonight straight in kennel and waited for food to be dropped in. Called or whistled him in a good 10 times on that walk and straight in every time. Thinking people that said he may be board may be right and just trying it with age. He has very high drive so knew he would get plenty of exercise if I took him here and that’s what he did. Cracking walk and makes me forget yesterday s episode nearly ?. Like I say he used to been out most days and nights in season so Think he may just need more stimulation but his drive is second to none. Put plenty up for himself and my other it’s just tough tight fields and cover but he seemed to like it more than the golf course ?

E642EFF9-2505-4806-8E2A-8B278932E0C5.jpeg

BF57EB95-BD4C-4EE5-8E02-B8F8DC810461.jpeg

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Funny you mentioned tennis courts that or carparks they don't hold hold the same sent as grass and you can lock them in so you become the focal point of its  attention without distraction but the lad that ownes it might be half the problem and what's happening at home when he's not there might be making it worst I hope he gets sorted either way 

In what way do you mean it could be me that’s the problem and what’s happening at home ?‍♂️ 

8 hours ago, mushroom said:

Do all these twat animals have saluki in them by any chance? ??

No saluki in mine just 1/4 cnt staghound, lol.I don't know if it's the mix of breeds in lurchers that make them unpredictable at times as the pure whippets I've had never seem the have any major behaviour issues.

Edited by Aussie Whip
7 hours ago, Igz said:

In what way do you mean it could be me that’s the problem and what’s happening at home ?‍♂️ 

Think he means your older dog may of touched him inappropriately but he darnt tell u in case you tek the piss thats my take on it anyroad 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Black neck said:

Think he means your older dog may of touched him inappropriately but he darnt tell u in case you tek the piss thats my take on it anyroad 

Show him a teddy and ask him to show you where he touched him 

On 06/05/2020 at 06:51, Shadow100 said:

Nothing to do with his breed, boredom, lack of exercise etc. He’s just a young male dog they all go through that, some less than others but they all have their funny stage. I’ve got a young dog 13 months old and had similar thing with him few weeks ago. Very obedient since the day I got him then out of the blue just starts f***ing off hunting up, ignoring me, running round me in circles etc, basically everything you described apart from running away home. I started taking him out first light somewhere theres no game, or other dogs to distract him, put GPS on him just Incase and went back to basics, find something he really likes (with mine it’s those little cocktail sausages ?) and do whistle recall training like you would with a puppy. A few weeks later and we’re back where we left off. He’ll probably have another little blip before September but I’ll just do the same again. I don’t tend to walk places I’ll see other people & dogs, I think it benefits the dogs training because they’re more focused on you, and it benefits me because I don’t really like people 

My pup about ten month great in every way I couldn’t ask for a better dog listens jumps good guard even but the few it’s had in the last month o so the c**ts eating them and quick stomach out start at back end like a boa constrictor with teeth  looked like it’s gunna choke on the head lol hope he comes out of it when he realises there 2 more to get lol but when I’m out with him now he always hunts up nothing you do will stop that it’s a young keen dog not out playing it’s in hunting mode