Lifting lockdown

I think the announcement on Thursday will start to lift restrictions on things to help mental health. So I think things like fishing and golf will be OK within social distancing guidance. I reckon garden centres will open. Anything that will help people cope as a mid way easing of the lockdown.... 

• Like 1

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We know they are playing great selfless roles,as do firemen,army etc etc but cant we all just get on with it without all the silly saucepan bashing,it was a nice gesture the first time but now its all

some may be pissed off  becouse they cant goout for a few weeks , ,just wait till they start opening stuff up again  and it all goes tits up  big time ,anyone who thinks this is going away any time so

My brother has served in army, navy and marines. He now works in the hospital (he left to become a chimney sweep but went back recently as they were short staffed). He caught corona while working on i

Posted Images

The easing of the lockdown is inevitable whether we like it or not. 

That may not sound comforting to those at high risk but I would sooner see a spike of infections in the summer months rather than the coming winter months. 

We have made a pigs ear of things no doubt but the least we can do is help relieve the stress on the NHS. 

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

I think the announcement on Thursday will start to lift restrictions on things to help mental health. So I think things like fishing and golf will be OK within social distancing guidance. I reckon garden centres will open. Anything that will help people cope as a mid way easing of the lockdown.... 

i dont get this  mental health thing ,allways seems to raise its head when something goes wrong ..

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

For some people who spend their lives working it can be difficult to adjust to spending day and night with wife and kids , especially in a confined space. Plus many have increased drinking or drugs , most get less exercise with gyms being shut. Domestic abuse is spiking , there's also the worry of contracting the virus and anxiety that goes with that, or even plain old isolation and loneliness. Plenty of contributing factors there....

non of that aplies to me  ,so i dont have mental health issues  ,,

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

The easing of the lockdown is inevitable whether we like it or not. 

That may not sound comforting to those at high risk but I would sooner see a spike of infections in the summer months rather than the coming winter months. 

We have made a pigs ear of things no doubt but the least we can do is help relieve the stress on the NHS. 

I don't think we have made a pigs ear. I think most of us and government have done fantastic. I agree with the rest of your comment though. We really don't want to drag this into winter.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I don't think we have made a pigs ear. I think most of us and government have done fantastic. I agree with the rest of your comment though. We really don't want to drag this into winter.... 

You don't, we are on course to have the second highest amount of deaths in the world.

And that is with a good fortnight of hindsight over countries like Italy, how is that fantastic? 

• Like 1

I'm happy for it to drag on In to winter if the death rate falls.

It gives longer to find a vaccine and thats got to  be better than  relaxing lockdown and loads being  taken before there time..

• Like 1

I for one am looking forward to when the kids are able to return to school. I haven’t the foggiest how they will be sorting that one but when they do the time missed should be made up over the next year, There’s plenty of holiday time in general for the time to be made up.

13 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I for one am looking forward to when the kids are able to return to school. I haven’t the foggiest how they will be sorting that one but when they do the time missed should be made up over the next year, There’s plenty of holiday time in general for the time to be made up.

Why my kids are still being sent there weekly work and doing it, so why take there holidays off them ?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I never bought a fishing license for the last five year.... but this year I did.. fekin Covid , I’m asking for a refund. Wonder if I’d get one ??

28 quid not to look over your shoulders?money well spent? reminds me, mine runs out on the 20th of this month... 

• Like 1