What's everyone feeding?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My lot get food similar to this in whatever variation. This mix was chicken beef and trout. I also add mixed veg to every meal.   

Costs me 100 quid every 6-7 weeks to feed my two. They get lamb, beef, tripe and chicken. All top quality and they throw me a big bag of bones and scraps from pig bones and skin to to offcuts of lamb

If its being picky simply lift the dish away same thing every day until it starts eating, itll soon start to eat whats given to it. 

Posted Images

Whatever raw I can get my hands on really. Tripe, offal, chicken carcass, lamb ribs, rabbit, fish. Any off cuts the local butcher is chucking out. Always scrape in any table scraps. Never go off the weight of the dogs I just keep an eye on them. Some days they get more than others depending on what I’ve got in. Top up with kibble if I’m low. They do alright. 

No such thing as a fussy eater.....they just ain’t hungry enough. My Nans old saying. Mainly to us kids though not just about the dogs ?.

• Like 2

Raw beef mince with food dye mixed in, hard to get it constantly now though, I use ox heart every week and once a week I boil up 2 to 3 full chickens and marrow bones and veg, a packet of barley, and I get the week out of them

IMG_20200331_200348.jpg

IMG_20191221_103708.jpg

IMG_20191216_093538.jpg

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, sandymere said:

Variety is the spice of life and diet,  mix table scraps with complete they'll eat more, add a table spoon on veg oil to the bowl daily to give a few more calories and make it a bit more appetising.

As some else said pick up the bowl and chuck anything not eaten if they leave it, if they think they're losing it they eat more, ,feed twice a day, main meal one end of the day and  then a snack other end  meat and bones couple of times a week.

Picky eaters tend to become picky on anything in the end so remember they won't starve themselves and heavy muscled dogs look good but like body builders they don't run so well beyond a 100 meters.?

Thats being muscleist 

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, white van man said:

Whatever raw I can get my hands on really. Tripe, offal, chicken carcass, lamb ribs, rabbit, fish. Any off cuts the local butcher is chucking out. Always scrape in any table scraps. Never go off the weight of the dogs I just keep an eye on them. Some days they get more than others depending on what I’ve got in. Top up with kibble if I’m low. They do alright. 

No such thing as a fussy eater.....they just ain’t hungry enough. My Nans old saying. Mainly to us kids though not just about the dogs ?.

Brussels sprouts 

raw mince chicken/ dry meal 24% protein , topped up with bit of venison , thats what my big dog had tonight, and old bryn, funny enough, i  getting low on the raw mince chicken , i will bell them tomorrow  .!

32 minutes ago, bird said:

raw mince chicken/ dry meal 24% protein , topped up with bit of venison , thats what my big dog had tonight, and old bryn, funny enough, i  getting low on the raw mince chicken , i will bell them tomorrow  .!

Try “ They love it” best minced chicken ive had it comes in polystyrene boxes frozen & cut into blocks. Minced with bone in it my lot love it ? Atb