What's happening in your garden.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ours is just starting to come to life  I've not done a great amount so far just a little tidying up 

The back gardens been a bit of a hole since the kids had rabbits and stuff been nice to finally get it sorted, doing it cottage garden style wild flowers and herbs etc with some fruit and veg her

This is my patch, been working from home for the last few weeks so the place is looking as nice as it ever has !

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, hambone said:

That's what I use... fish boxes. Ideal and easy to move/use as required.

Fish boxes are brillant. They have many uses.

I cut out the bottoms of these, is the plants can root down deep. Been in the boxes makes them easier to keep clean.

Atb j 

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I detest that astroturf stuff and all that decking with the poncey little spotlights....most of the artificial grass ive seen ends up lookinglike badly laid carpet after a few years.....nah,give me a good old school matured garden with plenty of manicured hedges and charmingly graceful old trees swaying about all day long.

I remember years ago watching the programme Escape to the Country and there was a couple on there who had won the lottery, well anyway the presenter was showing them around the beautiful garden of this country house when they came to a big magnificent lush lawn and the woman said that will have to be astroturfed it will be to much work lol...and to make it worse she was Welsh lol.

SINDASOX

1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Excuse the washing on the line, our back garden is laid out for the kids with a seating but and fire pit. Suits us lovely 

IMG_20200529_085527.jpg

Cracking play area for the kids that ??? ......

• Like 1
1 hour ago, South hams hunter said:

Excuse the washing on the line, our back garden is laid out for the kids with a seating but and fire pit. Suits us lovely 

IMG_20200529_085527.jpg

Don't lie the fire pit is for the kids and the rest is yours ? can just see you now sitting in that little boat fishi g rod in hand singing along 

• Haha 1

Strawberry bed is doing really well this year; stopped counting at 300 and didn't even get into the main part. Girls are getting 5-15 a day from it with the odd wild one aswell. Just started second flowers and running so bed should have all the gaps filled by the end of the year. 

IMG_20200529_124118.jpg

IMG_20200529_124143.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Strawberry bed is doing really well this year; stopped counting at 300 and didn't even get into the main part. Girls are getting 5-15 a day from it with the odd wild one aswell. Just started second flowers and running so bed should have all the gaps filled by the end of the year. 

IMG_20200529_124118.jpg

IMG_20200529_124143.jpg

Looking great.

Are you not having problems with birds eating the fruit.  They plauged me last year.

Atb j