• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

In all seriousness it's got me thinking of giving it a bash. I haven't ran anything close to those distances in years so to do so would need a full reset. 

You would have to go in with the mindset of just finishing it and not only running it, it would probably pay to mix running up with walking as it will be difficult to judge the pace correctly. 

12 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I can see a THL annual road race being arranged with Ken hovering around the finishing line in search o f souls to take .

Edited by Greb147
1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

I knew there would be an excuse coming. 

No I don't need to proclaim I'm something I'm not, I will quite easily post my times for all to see. ?

At the minute weighing in at over 17 stone and with being idle for ages I reckon I'd struggle to do 5k in under 24 mins. 

The girl couldnt share one part of it so had to take a picture of the screen hence the ropey picture but you get the times.....even more f****n embarrassing seeing 11 minute miles ?

She didnt half give me some stick when she she asked why i wanted them and i said because " some little melt on the internet dont believe me " ?

So Greb a simple sorry will suffice.

IMG_2577.jpg

96b15b97-2f54-490f-87b0-c615e139f714.JPG

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

The girl couldnt share one part of it so had to take a picture of the screen hence the ropey picture but you get the times.....even more f****n embarrassing seeing 11 minute miles ?

She didnt half give me some stick when she she asked why i wanted them and i said because " some little melt on the internet dont believe me " ?

So Greb a simple sorry will suffice.

IMG_2577.jpg

96b15b97-2f54-490f-87b0-c615e139f714.JPG

Less of the melt. ?

If you did that then fair play to you, I'm going to have to give it a bash now to see if I can do it. 

Am I wrong though or are the splits wrong with your final time? I can only see what appears to be 11 miles and that took over 2 hours, I'm toss at maths so might be my mistake? 

Now I'm not saying it's the case but it looks like you ran the 10 mile and then walked the last 0.4 mile to cool off, great running nonetheless. 

Edited by Greb147

So it took you exactly 2 hours, 5 mins and 50 secs to run 11 miles but you did 13.45 miles in 2 hours flat. ?

Now I'm not going to take matters further but something don't add up right. 

Good on you for doing your bit anyway pal. ?

Edited by Greb147
31 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

So it took you exactly 2 hours, 5 mins and 50 secs to run 11 miles but you did 13.45 miles in 2 hours flat. ?

I'd take matters further if I was you. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Greb147 said:

Less of the melt. ?

If you did that then fair play to you, I'm going to have to give it a bash now to see if I can do it. 

Am I wrong though or are the splits wrong with your final time? I can only see what appears to be 11 miles and that took over 2 hours, I'm toss at maths so might be my mistake? 

Now I'm not saying it's the case but it looks like you ran the 10 mile and then walked the last 0.4 mile to cool off, great running nonetheless. 

I have absolutely no idea i havent scrutinised it as much as you have i asked the bird to send me the splits and thats what she sent.

47 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

If you are calling me a liar then maybe you should take it further ?

Just now, gnasher16 said:

I have absolutely no idea i havent scrutinised it as much as you have i asked the bird to send me the splits and thats what she sent.

If you are calling me a liar then maybe you should take it further ?

You're lying. 

There I said it. ?