31 minutes ago, Francie said:

Goodman stiff the diarrhea should go away soon,keep us updated on your progress,when I was on it,morning time i drunk five good free range eggs raw,200ml of full fat cream an a half pint full fat milk mixed in shaker,an sometimes added two wee actimel strawberry flavour tasty,try it out for variety.

I’ve been making it in meal prep portions size Francis mate . 

Been into a good routine , 30 pull ups , 50 press ups a day broken into sets . 

breakfast at 630 , normally 2 boiled eggs , use Worcester sauce to flavour pt at 7 , then a shake 

eggs at 1000

mince at 1230 

then dependant on day , either a steak or chicken after a training with a shake . 

Shake just a diet whey with skimmed milk . 

I’ve always been fairly fit but now feel a lot more energetic , getting in two sessions three days a week 

did this Thursday 

rowing splits session first 

then the wod 

then the session after 

took 2 hours . Gonna come off that now as I now I’ve achieved what I wanted to , (An amrap standards wod for time ) and now will focus on cardio based length . Gonna try and get a hundred mile week in on the watt bike .hope the stomach eases up Befire that !! ??

563DC20B-52DB-4AEA-92F5-FE1333875A0C.png

6C9F7AA9-069F-4520-8572-31F6E27AF968.png

6DA4A376-1BBF-4E6D-8FC8-3F9CE5872F01.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

breakfast at 630 , normally 2 boiled eggs , use Worcester sauce to flavour pt at 7 , then a shake 

eggs at 1000

mince at 1230 

then dependant on day , either a steak or chicken after a training with a shake . 

I’ve always been fairly fit but now feel a lot more energetic , getting in two sessions three days a week 

did this Thursday 

then the wod 

then the session after 

took 2 hours . Gonna come off that now as I now I’ve achieved what I wanted to , (An amrap standards wod for time ) and now will focus on cardio based length . Gonna try and get a hundred mile week in on the watt bike .hope the stomach eases up Befire that !! ??

You have it all planned well stiff should go good for you depending on the explosive dorrehea lol

10 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No mate , I’m gonna try that 8/16 split after Xmas 

I d say the 16/8 split will be no bother to you unless you like your breaking,fairplay stiff keeps us posted

15 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Anyone still manage  to keep the regime going post lockdown ?? 

since 8th October I’ve been on carnivore diet , although I am also drinking milk and honey. Nothing that hasn’t been alive has passed my mouth 

routine has been some sort of eggs , scrambled poached or on days where I train at 7 , boiled eggs …???

afterwards , steak mince for dinner , and for tea afterwards , either a steak or 2 chicken breasts . 

the difference in my energy levels is amazing , burning through fat in places I throughly wasn’t possible at 40 . Feel healthier , more agile , less sore after training , less droogy after meals etc 

The only downside was , and I apologise ,in advance was that my arse was falling apart the first week , was never off the toilet . Sorry 

any one else tried it ? 

weighed myself in the first day , was nearly 95kg , down to 86 at present . And feel well better for it , although I’ve been pretty rigid about training also 

That's interesting. Do you think the energy side is because you're basically keto so it's flattened out your bodies delivery of energy to a steady flow. Or do you think it's something inherent about flesh?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That's interesting. Do you think the energy side is because you're basically keto so it's flattened out your bodies delivery of energy to a steady flow. Or do you think it's something inherent about flesh?

I have long days mate , up at 6 and I’m lucky if I’m in bed by midnight in the week . Mostly self indulged as I like to train and do my work late , just fits in . 

what I found was that after lunch and tea my slumps leveller out and I felt fresher , more alert if that makes sense . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I have long days mate , up at 6 and I’m lucky if I’m in bed by midnight in the week . Mostly self indulged as I like to train and do my work late , just fits in . 

what I found was that after lunch and tea my slumps leveller out and I felt fresher , more alert if that makes sense . 

It does. It's very interesting the anecdotal experiences being shared about this carnivore diet. First impressions was that it was another 'extreme' Instagram fad diet/movement. But there seems to be more too it.

From an evolutionary point of view it kinda makes sense to me, but I think mainstream nutritional scientists would have sleepless nights over it. :laugh:

Not for me really. I don't eat any of the staple carby foods that people use as a cheap calorie filler, rice, pasta, potato. But I don't think I'm ready to give up what I do eat.

"no discipline!" :laugh:

• Like 1

Keto and carnivore is proven to be better for endurance athletes but carbs all day for strength athletes.Ive used keto(and intermittent fasting)when cutting weight for some years with great success but eat carbs when on strength blocks of training.Prolonged keto diet and hard training will increase your cortisol levels and adrenal stress which will cause your sleep to suffer.Carbs will reduce cortisol levels.Do what suits you at a given time eg have a bowl of oats before bed if your sleep has been poor  whilst on keto etc.

eggs at 1000

mince at 1230 

did this Thursday 

then the wod 

then the session after 

No mate , I’m gonna try that 8/16 split after Xmas 

1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Zzzzzzz…….zzzzzzz…….zzzzzzzz……zzzzzzz

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I wont stick my oar in with thoughts and opinions but just out of curiosity do any of you lads actually participate in competitive sports on these diets or is it just for general health and wellbeing ?

A mix of both mate . 

ive recently had another change of my career stream , it’s been coming a few weeks and I’ve felt compounded by my choice this last week or so to step away from a relatively cushy number to go back to doing what I feel I excel at . 

I chased a feted position and it required a lot of sacrifices that I felt less and less happy about making . So I’m now going back to being a 2.0 version of the light role combat leader I once was . I’ve lost ten months of time already and I’m fighting to claw that back . 

One thing I do have in spades is my own physicality , where I remain the sole accountant  for . I’ve never been a “ do as I ask , not as I do “ person and I take great pleasure in never being an armchair sergeant . I’m not the beret pulled down , snarling , critical airborne section commander I once was . I can’t wear that hat anymore , I’m 40 , but what a can be is that senior guy who always shows up and performs , mentoring rather than leading , I can’t hold creedance or resonance telling people to do things I can’t do myself though can I ?? 

I feel much more agile , with the last few months of solid training , you gain that optimism from varied training regimes rather than dreading key events . 

competition wise , its not for me anyway , a single event / challenge , it’s an overall reflection of the lifestyle you lead and how your actions speak louder than words when rated against your peers . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

It does. It's very interesting the anecdotal experiences being shared about this carnivore diet. First impressions was that it was another 'extreme' Instagram fad diet/movement. But there seems to be more too it.

From an evolutionary point of view it kinda makes sense to me, but I think mainstream nutritional scientists would have sleepless nights over it. :laugh:

Not for me really. I don't eat any of the staple carby foods that people use as a cheap calorie filler, rice, pasta, potato. But I don't think I'm ready to give up what I do eat.

"no discipline!" :laugh:

Ive lived on tins of tuna mixed into rice for years mate with fruit and nuts as snacks to mark up . 

easily the best diet I’ve had was a good 6 months of chicken , nuts and quark . Felt like I could snap trees down when out running 

28 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Ive lived on tins of tuna mixed into rice for years mate with fruit and nuts as snacks to mark up . 

easily the best diet I’ve had was a good 6 months of chicken , nuts and quark . Felt like I could snap trees down when out running 

? ? Oh just f**k off, I can’t deal with you…..snaffling nuts like a f***ing squirrel and Tins of Tuna…..f**k off !

Its pot noodles and tea and 20 lambert you f***ing clown ! Xx

• Haha 4