4 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

I'm sorry mate but you're stretching the truth there, you would have had to have done just more than 4 5k's at 30 minutes each. 

Most people can walk between 4 and 5 miles in an hour......i ran 6.5 miles in an hour big deal......stop being a fanny !

• Haha 1

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've ditched the upper/lower split in favour of full body. No weights, just a heap of calisthenics. Probably increase the frequency of my workouts too. My gym has suspended all memberships, but I

Why did you stop after the warm up .......

That’s a quarter of his estate .......

Posted Images

1 minute ago, socks said:

That’s only 3 miles I could fukcing walk that distance in 30 mins .....  

You just have to look at it like this, most beginners will tow to run 5k in less than 25 mins, to then do another 3 straight would take some doing. 

I'm quite a fast walker and will time myself doing 5k, no idea how long it takes. 

Like Born said just running without stopping for 2 hour straight would be a massive ask for anybody who hasn't ran for a while. 

5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Most people can walk between 4 and 5 miles in an hour......i ran 6.5 miles in an hour big deal......stop being a fanny !

Don't get all defensive now I've called you out. ?

You obviously have the data show show us more, you've clocked it on your Samsung app so show us the splits and stuff. 

If you've done it then good going, I'm too paranoid to put in any miles running because don't want to get injured again. 

Edited by Greb147
Just now, JDHUNTING said:

Takes about 40mins to an hour to walk 5k so running 5k in 30 isn't even moderately quick.

No offence to to the guy jogging it?

It's not about running one 5k though, it's about doing more than 4 on the bounce. 

Is it Born that's just started running and did 5k in around 24 mins, I'm sure he's quite a fit chap who does plenty of cardio? 

Just now, Greb147 said:

It's not about running one 5k though, it's about doing more than 4 on the bounce. 

Is it Born that's just started running and did 5k in around 24 mins, I'm sure he's quite a fit chap who does plenty of cardio? 

If your lungs are decent and your tendons etc upto the strain I don't see what's to stop you, a bloke jumping up off the couch after playing Xbox and smoking 40 a day for 10 years maybe but then again some could prob do that some people are naturally fitter than others.

Gotta love this place ,you go at bit silly in your middle age and try to stretch yourself ,get out of your usual stuff ,bingo ! You pleasantly surprise yourself ,pat yourself on the back ,work out how to let people know what you did without it looking like your boasting ,feel really  good about yourself ,and then ...wham .some twat calls you a liar ...buzz kill .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Gotta love this place ,you go at bit silly in your middle age and try to stretch yourself ,get out of your usual stuff ,bingo ! You pleasantly surprise yourself ,pat yourself on the back ,work out how to let people know what you did without it looking like your boasting ,feel really  good about yourself ,and then ...wham .some twat calls you a liar ...buzz kill .

Less of the twat you twat. 

Just cos I don't believe it doesn't mean it can't be done. 

I must admit I've never tried to run those distances for a long time so can't fully gauge it but a while back I started doing 5k runs after years of inactivity and when you're weighing in at 17 stone plus it isn't easy. 

This is someone who ran at county level whilst a teen. 

Edited by Greb147

https://www.verywellfit.com/what-is-a-good-time-for-running-a-half-marathon-2910898

So the time for average time for average male runners is 2 hour and 5 minutes, this is folk who run often. 

I just don't see someone jumping out of bed and putting in that time, especially an older person who's likely carrying some timber. 

Edited by Greb147
10 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Don't get all defensive now I've called you out. ?

You obviously have the data show show us more, you've clocked it on your Samsung app so show us the splits and stuff. 

If you've done it then good going, I'm too paranoid to put in any miles running because don't want to get injured again. 

If you look in the top corner you,ll see its a birds face....thats because i have an iphone and used a phone that belongs to my pals fitness fanatic wife as i cant be f****d with apps and technology.......mate,if you dont believe me thats fine i really dont mind.....it might be an astonishing feat of accomplishment to you but maybe that says more about you than it does me ?

20 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Gnasher has trained his whole life so it’s not as if he’s some 50 year old couch potato that’s never out a pair of trainers on ... I’m sure during his lifetime he has run many many miles ... mostly from the police ?

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

If you look in the top corner you,ll see its a birds face....thats because i have an iphone and used a phone that belongs to my pals fitness fanatic wife as i cant be f****d with apps and technology.......mate,if you dont believe me thats fine i really dont mind.....it might be an astonishing feat of accomplishment to you but maybe that says more about you than it does me ?

I knew there would be an excuse coming. 

No I don't need to proclaim I'm something I'm not, I will quite easily post my times for all to see. ?

At the minute weighing in at over 17 stone and with being idle for ages I reckon I'd struggle to do 5k in under 24 mins. 

1 minute ago, socks said:

Gnasher has trained his whole life so it’s not as if he’s some 50 year old couch potato that’s never out a pair of trainers on ... I’m sure during his lifetime he has run many many miles ... mostly from the police ?

Well that changes things a bit, I got the impression he just got out of bed after years of inactivity and put in the run. 

4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

If theres 1 thng Ive noticed over the years, lads who are or have been fit/trained always underestimate their fitness, people who've done fck all always exaggerate theirs

Bullshit. 

22 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I didnt even think it was stretching myself i was a bit embarrassed about it until Greb commented....now i feel like a superhero !

• Haha 2