what was the last film you watched

1 hour ago, Ken's Deputy said:

The Witch.

Flix. Hour n half.

Not half as bad as ye might expect, to be honest. It doesn't rely on special effects or pots of blood. Gets pretty fukked up, actually.

One of ny brothers fave films, he gushed over it and maybe that's why I just didn't take to it BUT point taken on the stark filming and long slow build up.

Maybe I'll give this another bash and report back... ?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

14 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Yes mate 

Jeremy Renner , well spotted 

Cheers i'll keep an eye out for him he seems quite a cool cat,the parts he plays anyway.....although didnt go a bundle on that " Town " film i think those robbery/street shoot out movies are all second rate after you've watched " Heat ".

• Like 1
16 hours ago, mackem said:

Thankfully my kids went to private school, they think a roadman is some geezer who lays tarmac ?

I found Adulthood, Kidulthood and Ill Manors 3 of the hardest and most depressing films I have ever watched.

I watched “Top Boy” when it first came out but I have to be honest and say while good, I find it depressing as f**k to know that’s the crack in my country……I mean I know it exists but I loath it.

22 minutes ago, WILF said:

I found Adulthood, Kidulthood and Ill Manors 3 of the hardest and most depressing films I have ever watched.

I watched “Top Boy” when it first came out but I have to be honest and say while good, I find it depressing as f**k to know that’s the crack in my country……I mean I know it exists but I loath it.

I saw them all, its real life though slightly exaggerated for dramatic effect, my nephew is blond haired and blue eyed, actually looks nowadays like Plan-B but he went through a phase where he thought he was Nigerian thanks to being a token white kid in his school in Deptford. He even got done for street robbery, selling crack and having multiple baby mothers was a short step away till he sorted himself out and started working. Kids are attracted by easy money, nice cars,clothes,women, dubai holidays, a bricklaying job isn't going to get them that so they go to the street. 

1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Found the new top boy a bit cringey to be fair was okay but very unrealistic imo 

Which parts did you find unrealistic mate? Only the maroc bits for me, I know it's not like that. 

Just now, mackem said:

Which parts did you find unrealistic mate? Only the maroc bits for me, I know it's not like that. 

Yep that mainly and they had to throw in the Syrian refugee. 

Thought it was all a bit over acted and Kano and Asher d must of been cringing a bit surely lol. 

and the lesbian bird bit silly but spose they had to have the bender in there somewhere 

49 minutes ago, mackem said:

I saw them all, its real life though slightly exaggerated for dramatic effect, my nephew is blond haired and blue eyed, actually looks nowadays like Plan-B but he went through a phase where he thought he was Nigerian thanks to being a token white kid in his school in Deptford. He even got done for street robbery, selling crack and having multiple baby mothers was a short step away till he sorted himself out and started working. Kids are attracted by easy money, nice cars,clothes,women, dubai holidays, a bricklaying job isn't going to get them that so they go to the street. 

I spent my childhood round Kidbrooke, Blackheath, deptford, Lee Green, Lewisham and Catford mate…..it was a piss hole even back then but a white kid acting black would have got done in, now we have spent years embracing this stuff it’s normal and accepted.

Breaks me ! 

Like most of the football hooligan films these Top Boy/Adulthood little spade flix have a pot shot at what they believe that life to be like and then go totally overboard for dramatic effect they just dont have the huge amount of numbers and time to portray it accurately and ends up an unrealistic joke and poor little black boy gotta do what i gotta do bla bla bla yeah f**k off i was around the first few Frontlines in London years ago and it was f****n desperate....soppy little kids thinking they are all that making money,knocking each other over and taking risks for people they never even knew....f**k em.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Like most of the football hooligan films these Top Boy/Adulthood little spade flix have a pot shot at what they believe that life to be like and then go totally overboard for dramatic effect they just dont have the huge amount of numbers and time to portray it accurately and ends up an unrealistic joke and poor little black boy gotta do what i gotta do bla bla bla yeah f**k off i was around the first few Frontlines in London years ago and it was f****n desperate....soppy little kids thinking they are all that making money,knocking each other over and taking risks for people they never even knew....f**k em.

Exactly this! 

in this country anyway im quite certain it’s the white dudes pulling the strings at the top. 

These guys are just street level lackies 

9 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Exactly this! 

in this country anyway im quite certain it’s the white dudes pulling the strings at the top. 

These guys are just street level lackies 

Like anything else in the Western world black people cannot function without white people and the drug game is no different......they just dont cry victim as much when they are making paper !

• Like 2