what was the last film you watched

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you both enjoy it?  Cheers, D.

just watching a programme about the 84-85 miners strike and theres my father large as life on the tele walking towards the camera, he's been dead over 30 yrs, fair shook me up in a good way, wasnt exp

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Triple Frontier.

Flix. Two hours.

Was alright. Nothing outstanding.

Wouldn't have minded the GPS reference for the cash, I would have found my way there ?

Blue Story: Netflix, 1 hour 30 mins. Black on black teen gang wars in that London. I lasted 20 mins cos I couldn't understand what they were saying and it was absolute garbage.

Cheers, D.

Ps if anyone wants a good comedy series with great characters, Bad Education on Netflix, 3 series of 6 or 7 half hour episodes. Best comedy series I seen in ages.

Cheers, D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 04/04/2022 at 11:39, WILF said:

Having you ever seen that film “Starred Up” ?

Jack O’Connel I think the young actors names is, it’s good mate.

Seen it a few times mate yes very good film and he played the part brilliant he,s a name i always look out for,cracking young actor.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Seen it a few times mate yes very good film and he played the part brilliant he,s a name i always look out for,cracking young actor.

I think if I’m not mistaken he is part of the cast of a new series coming to tv about the beginnings and making of the SAS. I hope he is playing paddy mayne.  

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

It’s called SAS rogue warriors and judging by the clip I’ve just seen he is playing paddy  

10 minutes ago, socks said:

I think if I’m not mistaken he is part of the cast of a new series coming to tv about the beginnings and making of the SAS. I hope he is playing paddy mayne.  

4 minutes ago, socks said:

It’s called SAS rogue warriors and judging by the clip I’ve just seen he is playing paddy  

Is that an echo Ken? You trapped in a pothole??

3 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Watched a good documentary the other night that may interest you.

Called “Icarus” …….unbelievable mate ?

• Like 1
On 05/04/2022 at 04:34, Bosun11 said:

The Last Duel

Been wanting to watch this one since it came out but there was a bit too much hype and that tends to make me back off a bit...

Anyways, finally got to watch it and dispite so many reviews saying it was 'slow' etc, I quite enjoyed it. It's a Ridley Scott film, so what's not to like..?

Based on a true story. It's not meant to be a sword fighting, epic battling, tale about some fanciful hero and a beautiful heroine but rather a story about a woman of the time and the chivalry, or the lack of it, that some men posess. That said, there is gore enough, if that's what your after... And the filming is very good, though not as 'epic' as some Scott films.

So the plot is based around 3 peoples versions of the same truth, so those versions are much repeated. But it's the detail that makes the difference, the detail that you need to watch to make the film.

And it was a shakey start for me too, a first few minutes that made me think I wasn't going to enjoy it but I'm glad I stuck it out.

Damon's character is quality, even though he's sporting a Chris Waddle mullet. Affleck's character is also well played but (trying not to sound Scouse biased) Jodie Comber steals the show. She's just captivating, although Scott isn't immediately trying to push her sexuality, if your watching the detail, then your watching her...

8/10

Watched it in the cinema mate, and really enjoyed... clever the way the story is told and completely agree about Jodie Comber.. she is quality and has that something about her..

• Like 1

The Informer: Netflix, 1 hour 50 mins. Undercover cop in jail vs drug lord and corrupt cops. Dragged on a bit and a bit unbelievable in places but I've seen worse. 6-/10

Cheers, D.