Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Even in 3 weeks or so after lockdown has been lifted people will forget about all this 

You do realise we will have a good few films of this and documentary's to come for a long long time.

4 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Different yes. :thumbs:

I have seen it suggested that people who have had a corona  type virus in the past may have more immunity to this current version.

Also regarding the oxford study  that I posted I think if we see a sudden drop off in deaths in Italy over the next  week or two like China have reported then this would suggest that the study is on the right lines .

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Mate, I’d say if you think this is all going to be ancient history in 3 weeks then you better think again........personally I think folks had better get their head round the rest of the year, this ain’t going to be a two minute fix.

The only thing the UK are going to be doing in 3 weeks is burying bodies by the truck load the way everyone is being stupid and cracking on.

They ain't building 2 new wards that hold 2000 in each just for fun mate.

As you are wise enough to know

1000's up on 1000's are going to die in just London.

I'm quite sure..

And Prince Charles has corona virus aswell

5 minutes ago, king said:

I'm just saying it's impossible to predict how long it's been here.

Anything invisible simply can't be given a time scale.

It's like predicting the future.impossible. 

I'm saying that it's not if you understand the system well enough. Epidemics follow exponential trends which means the data can be extrapolated forwards or backwards. You just need trustworthy data.

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

I have seen it suggested that people who have had a corona  type virus in the past may have more immunity to this current version.

Also regarding the oxford study  that I posted I think if we see a sudden drop off in deaths in Italy over the next  week or two like China have reported then this would suggest that the study is on the right lines .

That or their quarantine has worked. Be difficult to determine the cause.

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I'm saying that it's not if you understand the system well enough. Epidemics follow exponential trends which means the data can be extrapolated forwards or backwards. You just need trustworthy data.

I'm a dozer driver mate.

Leica GPS system is enough for my head lol

1986287581_LeicaiCONiGD3_MCP80_pic_800x428.jpg.6a38047ec9669770800837f2071b8539.jpg

Them words ain't my thing.

But 1 thing I do know.

Is that testing is mainly carried out if you are admitted to hospital.

And symptoms vary.

There could be 100k people with it in the UK right this minute.

Nobody knows.

• Like 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

That or their quarantine has worked. Be difficult to determine the cause.

Well back to the asymptomatic  if figures from the oxford model are close to correct then quarantine probably isn't effective it's just closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kanny said:

Well back to the asymptomatic  if figures from the oxford model are close to correct then quarantine probably isn't effective it's just closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

One look at the trains and tubes around London and they have not even closed the door yet mate.

• Haha 1
Just now, king said:

I'm a dozer driver mate.

Them words ain't my thing.

But 1 thing I do know.

Is that testing is mainly carried out if you are admitted to hospital.

And symptoms vary.

There could be 100k people with it in the UK right this minute.

Nobody knows.

I agree with that, we don't really have a clue how many have been infected already. That data is untrustworthy. But, since the world found out about COVID-19 and learnt how to diagnose it anyone dying from respiratory related illness will be tested and so that data IS trustworthy. That data is showing an exponential growth, in layman's terms 'an explosion', which is consistent with a new infectious disease. Not something which has been around for a long time imo.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

One look at the trains and tubes around London and they have not even closed the door yet mate.

The point is its pointless anyway...bottom line is we need more testing and more data to see what's really going on. I'm coming round to the idea that herd immunity is the only way we see this thing off.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, kanny said:

Indeed but given the lack of certainty it's wise to play safe. Your post was certainly reason to be hopeful. Not negligent.

:good:

• Like 1
On 16/03/2020 at 21:04, WILF said:

No I don’t know best, I just have an opinion about it like you do......and, seeing we are all talking I added it to the discussion.

And all I do know is what I see, and what I see is people being told they will get no f***ing help of any description while at the same time being told help put an end to this thing, oh and by the way, a load of you will die (Boris’s words, not mine)

Why don’t they give folks a break the greedy c**ts, tell them to forget the tax man and the council tax man and the mortgage for 3 months, give them enough to live on for a while......stop peddling this nonsense that everyone trying to do the right thing is a hysterical knob and actually help people.

It ain’t like the government ain’t had their pound of flesh out of people in the past is it ! 
Or are the UK the only ones in the world getting it right and everyone else hasn’t got a clue ? 

No your wrong Wilf i dont have an opinion on the scientific studies/evidence that dictates how we currently live our lives......i dont have a right to an opinion on that....and neither do you.