Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, baker boy said:

How many years is it going to take to pay back the money they are "giving" out now

I think the question we should ask is, who is going back to the old way of living and how we view things ? 

Imho this has clearly shown that all the things we have been told are terribly important and all the things we were told we “had” to do are in fact totally meaningless when push comes to shove......they just batted them off.

Its shown that it’s more important to grow things than build all over the fields we grow on, it’s shown in many areas that we have lost important parts of our character as a people, it’s shown (and will show) the very worst that we have become.

That which was regarded as totally standard behaviour 70 years ago will be regarded as above and beyond now.

We were told that bonds of culture, family, area, tradition were outdated and “little Englander” .........well by feck the little Englander mindset is exactly what’s required now.

I wonder if this will change anything......?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think the question we should ask is, who is going back to the old way of living and how we view things ? 

Imho this has clearly shown that all the things we have been told are terribly important and all the things we were told we “had” to do are in fact totally meaningless when push comes to shove......they just batted them off.

Its shown that it’s more important to grow things than build all over the fields we grow on, it’s shown in many areas that we have lost important parts of our character as a people, it’s shown (and will show) the very worst that we have become.

That which was regarded as totally standard behaviour 70 years ago will be regarded as above and beyond now.

We were told that bonds of culture, family, area, tradition were outdated and “little Englander” .........well by feck the little Englander mindset is exactly what’s required now.

I wonder if this will change anything......?

todays generation  cant fkn decide what fkn gender they are never mind anything else 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
Just now, riohog said:

todays generation  cant fkn decide what fkn gender they are never mind anything else 

And that what I mean mate, we have entertained all that shit for so long like it really matters......and it don’t matter.

We have been force fed so much shit that don’t matter that I wonder if people will finally give their head a shake.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Arry said:

Think the super market trollies will be the worst things along with the card machines. I take a few of them wipes in a poly bag and wipe them down.

Think it would be a good idea if the super markets had somebody sanitising the trollies all the time as they recycle them.

Cheers Arry

Start of the week in macdonalds Bristol they were spraying the self order machines after every customer. .. By Wednesday, no one inside just orders through the drive through.... Just been to our local supermarket garage for some tabacco and there not even chewing gum on the shelves?

52 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Do you really think the government would f**k our economy into the ground. . . . . just for laughs? Serious question.

Our government is usually slow to react and tells us less than we should know.

Seems a bit odd, if this was just a storm in a tea cup, that all of the medical, economical etc advisors in place, would suggest shutting large parts of our economy and society down. . . . . . 

They must be shittin it about something.

My thoughts exactly mate...

It’s all been the strangest thing really, a subject of conversation in my house for about 5 years has been how the world needs to get smaller and roll back to an earlier, simpler time.

In fact at the start of the year I was having a conversation with a mate back where I used to live and saying if it went boss eyed tomorrow that they would be in trouble faster than me because they built over everything, destroyed their high streets and are totally reliant on superstores to feed them.......seems a strange conversation to have had now.

Been saying this for years but obviously didn’t have the thousands of people dying in my mind when I talked about it........

Life is strange huh? 

• Like 3

listened to a scientist this morning and she said it will be

long time before we have a cure or a vaccine she went on about the dna of the virus and that nobody in the world had managed to find any clue about how to treat it plus there has been some cases of people having it twice which they hope is down to not been tested properly the first time, they know it can mutate and finding a vaccine is hard and takes a long time as they have to run tests to make sure the vaccine doesnt do damage to your organs over a period of time.a lot of younger people getting it more severly now.

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

It’s all been the strangest thing really, a subject of conversation in my house for about 5 years has been how the world needs to get smaller and roll back to an earlier, simpler time.

In fact at the start of the year I was having a conversation with a mate back where I used to live and saying if it went boss eyed tomorrow that they would be in trouble faster than me because they built over everything, destroyed their high streets and are totally reliant on superstores to feed them.......seems a strange conversation to have had now.

Been saying this for years but obviously didn’t have the thousands of people dying in my mind when I talked about it........

Life is strange huh? 

A mate was complaining to me he could not get chicken thighs in the super market. I said to him did you try the butchers he answered " feck me never thought about it and I walk right past one" Lol.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, WILF said:

Life is strange huh? 

I have mentioned this before, we will see a change in people becoming a bit more self reliant in the food department when this is over, especially thoes who have a small plot of land to put up a polytunnel and keep a few hens. No want to become fully self reliant, no electricity, running water ect ect, but enough to lessen the load and worries about food and where it comes from

Atb j 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, big sid said:

listened to a scientist this morning and she said it will be

long time before we have a cure or a vaccine she went on about the dna of the virus and that nobody in the world had managed to find any clue about how to treat it plus there has been some cases of people having it twice which they hope is down to not been tested properly the first time, they know it can mutate and finding a vaccine is hard and takes a long time as they have to run tests to make sure the vaccine doesnt do damage to your organs over a period of time.a lot of younger people getting it more severly now.

no news is good news then!

1 minute ago, jetro said:

I have mentioned this before, we will see a change in people becoming a bit more self reliant in the food department when this is over, especially thoes who have a small plot of land to put up a polytunnel and keep a few hens. No want to become fully self reliant, no electricity, running water ect ect, but enough to lessen the load and worries about food and where it comes from

Atb j 

I’m not self sufficient for electric either mate but it makes a solar system seem like better value than a new car now dont it.......not that I have a new car ! Lol 

20 minutes ago, WILF said:

Life is strange huh? 

Said earlier in this thread, most of us on here should have enough knowledge and a little expertise/willingness to ride out things like this...

It's not the end of the world, its almost a reset in our way of thinking though... 

• Like 2