Favourite comedians?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billy Connolly has to be one of the funniest blokes ever......just a very funny view of the world and things.  

“Demi.....Demi.......if the role really called for it and it was tastefully done.....would you consider keeping your clothes ON for a role?” Lol ? 

Ken Dodd live was awesome, Porthcawl village hall, about September 85, went in at 7 came out about quarter past one, two toddlers with us lol Cheers, D.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

then came along ali im not  sure how to tell you jukel but mcguigan etc came years before  ali just a heads up like lol 

Yeah I know mate . But Barry was still stuck in the past lol.

1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I just watched that Thank you very Mr Eastwood video on Youtube. It was a pisstake on McGuigan being so respectful to his manager. Mind you all boxers were like that in the old days. Their script was "  I would like to thank my manager, my promoter my trainer etc etc boring boring boring.  And then along came  Mohammad Ali and tore up the script lol.

Yeah I remember me da saying something similar

5 hours ago, jukel123 said:

It's reckoned Father Ted had a lot to do with the Catholic church losing its psychological grip on people in Ireland. People, including me, an ex catholic, had never seen the piss ripped out of the church before. It was groundbreaking in a way. Kind of liberating. And very true to life.

I think it was more to do with f***ing defenceless kids and throwing babies into sewage pits mate......I don’t think Father Ted has much to do with it.

19 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Last time we were in London we went to the comedy club in Soho, it was brilliant, one girl wss a bit like Victoria Wood, played guitar wrote really funny songs and good gags, there were a couple of blokes who were brilliant too.... it must be a hard industry to make the big break through in as everyones tatses are so varied

Ive been visiting The Comedy Club a couple of times a year for nearly 30 years now i first started going when it was in Leicester Square next door to Capital Radio i was working at a few of the clubs there and we,d nip over to get the last hour i remember it would be like talent spotting a footballer you,d come away saying such and such comedian is going places i remember having a drink and a natter with a young Alexei Sayle in there after he,d performed he had us in stitches just sitting chatting at the table !....a few we saw early in their careers there were Harry Enfield,Jack Dee,Skinner i forget his first name.....Lee Hurst was one i liked just a naturally amusing chap.....Julian Clary didnt go down too well though ?

• Like 1

That Father Ted must just be an Irish thing i just cant find anything to laugh at there ....a bloke dressed up as a bird bouncing about saying stupid stuff i just dont get it....embarrassing yes but funny not at all.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

Yeah then RTE, realised their fcuk up after the money and ratings chan 4 got from it, and relaxed a bit with what they aired, like Hardy bucks, Republic of telly and a few others, 

That Hardy Bucks is filmed just up the road to me and I have to say, it’s spot on.

• Like 1

Ricky Gervais grew up a few miles from where I did - I thought he was funny in the Office but, after seeing his animal rights bollocks and, the way he was having a pop at the Spanish hunter girl, he can go f**k himself  - I avoid anything that he's in now.

I'm not a big fan of American comedies but, Charlie Sheen if funny is 2 and a half men.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Ricky Gervais grew up a few miles from where I did - I thought he was funny in the Office but, after seeing his animal rights bollocks and, the way he was having a pop at the Spanish hunter girl, he can go f**k himself  - I avoid anything that he's in now.

I'm not a big fan of American comedies but, Charlie Sheen if funny is 2 and a half men.

Have you watched This Country?

A bit like the office, set in the cotswolds following a couple of chavs around ...its pretty good....

I liked the office a lot when it came out, something really different...but he is an irritating prick now!!

• Like 3