Favourite comedians?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Billy Connolly has to be one of the funniest blokes ever......just a very funny view of the world and things.  

“Demi.....Demi.......if the role really called for it and it was tastefully done.....would you consider keeping your clothes ON for a role?” Lol ? 

Ken Dodd live was awesome, Porthcawl village hall, about September 85, went in at 7 came out about quarter past one, two toddlers with us lol Cheers, D.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Someone has to have a likeable way about them for me to find them funny i cant stand cheap vulgar crap like that Chubby Brown used to put out theres only so many times you can find f**k,shit and c**t funny....in todays times that Kevin Bridges is good but i love the observational humour of Micky Flanagan or Billy Connolly....from years back i used to like people like Dave Allen or Jasper Carrot but for pure joke telling Mike Reid and Jimmy Jones took some beating from these parts.

I'm the same with Chubby Brown..

Not enough depth to many jokes, I prefer a story teller personally..

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Steve Coogan,  Victoria Wood, Bob Monkhouse, Tommy Cooper, all brilliant ?

Cheers, D.

Tommy Cooper could make you laugh without saying a word, very funny man..

• Like 2
Just now, wilbur foxhound said:

What did you think of jethro 

I watched him.at his place in Lewdown for my 19th birthday... he was funny and a good night...

For the lads who come to the fishing comp ask Mary (fishery owner) what he done to her as we posed for a pic at the end of the night....dirty bugger!! Lol

• Haha 1

I saw Billy Connely at Gloucester Leisure centre in the 80s and I laughed so much my ribs were hurting... a genius. And I will never forget seeing Jim Davidson at Gloucester, his opening line was , “anyone here from the Forest of Dean ?“ there was a small cheer from the foresters “ Christ , I thought you would all be at home f@cking your kids “. Maybe you need to know our  local history to truly appreciate that , but us Gloucester boys loved it .???

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, dytkos said:

Steve Coogan,  Victoria Wood, Bob Monkhouse, Tommy Cooper, all brilliant ?

Cheers, D.

Coogan can go f**k himself with a fence post after his comments during the election, calling all leavers and Tory voters uneducated racists, before then I did like him but refuse to watch anything he is in anymore. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

I saw Billy Connely at Gloucester Leisure centre in the 80s and I laughed so much my ribs were hurting... a genius. And I will never forget seeing Jim Davidson at Gloucester, his opening line was , “anyone here from the Forest of Dean ?“ there was a small cheer from the foresters “ Christ , I thought you would all be at home f@cking your kids “. Maybe you need to know our  local history to truly appreciate that , but us Gloucester boys loved it .???

wonder who used that line first.....aparantly chubby brown said the same when doing a gig in cleavland.....some of you older chaps might remember the cleavland child sex abuse case....must be 20 plus year ago.....aparantly after he said I thought you be home fecking your kids.....the security had to get him off stage..and that was the end of the gig....

I'm with gnash though regards chubby.....cant stand him...I did security for him twice in Mansfield....and thoughy him crap....

also I have seen jasper carrot and anybody remember phil cool.....they did a show together ..I watched them live in notts....they were brilliant....one of them where your sides are hurting...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Can't stand female comedians, never heard a good one except Sara milligan. 

Micky flannigan has to be my favourite at the minute. 

Sara Milligan is completely shit too, very few genuinely funny female comedians. A couple of yank ones aren’t bad. Annie Lederman made me laugh out loud once.....

30 minutes ago, TOMO said:

I actualy thought borat was funnier....

Some of that stuff in This is America was funny as fcuk. The leftie liberal character announcing to a small town in the south they were going to build the biggest mosque in the world there ?

• Like 1

Ali G is a good shout... some of that stuff he did in the countryside or with the tree huggers was f****n brilliant.......walking into the cow shed saying " man theres a lot of shit in here why dont you clean up " ?........i used to love that confused look on peoples faces when he interviewed them ?

21 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Ali G is a good shout... some of that stuff he did in the countryside or with the tree huggers was f****n brilliant.......walking into the cow shed saying " man theres a lot of shit in here why dont you clean up " ?........i used to love that confused look on peoples faces when he interviewed them ?

Borat at the animals rights protest is classic stuff ! Lol