Sign in to follow this  
C.green

Plummers

15 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Not at the moment mate im waiting on a Gsp but its a bit complicated.....ive had a 20 odd year break from keeping dogs and only ever had bulldogs before,much as i respect them i suppose i did look at them more as machines instead of dogs....having been reading about hunting dogs on here for years and occasionally getting out with a few folk local im finding the whole thing of bonding with a dog and sussing out his personality really rewarding....right time right place kind of thing.

I might be mistaken Katchum but i think it was you i spoke to a while ago about this breed,was it you that posted a picture of your lads dog in your car ?.....i dont think id ever even seen a Plummer Terrier before but that picture piqued my interest so started looking about.....im not looking to break any records just a couple of casual mooching partners that will teach me a bit about the countryside is all im after.

We have a bunch of meaningless names on a piece of paper mate the only one of any relevance that anyone seems to of heard of is a dog called Vandal 2 or 3 generations back.

good luck with the GSP mate I'm sure the right one will just be around the corner

ATB

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats what i meant mate they were mostly just a mish mash of pet names scribbled down the 4th and 5th generation wasnt even complete theres a few prefixes Remlap is one,Saxon is another....doesnt mean much to me i wouldnt even be 100% sure its all kosher.....like i say its mostly a pal/companion/outdoor type dog so breeding wasnt particularly important and he,ll never be bred regardless....thankyou mate will do :thumbs:

Well as it goes Remlap is a name i would look for in a plummer ped  :good:and  the lass with the Saxon pre fix  she used to post on here (keeps is/was her name) and she gave her terriers plenty to do in the field,but work or play with it the plummer is a versatile little terrier and they fit into most ways of life..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sid g said:

I`ve never taken any notice of pedigrees my granddad used to say there not worth the paper there written on ... having said that you may find this interesting ...http://www.saxonplummerterriers.co.uk/ ..... http://www.plummerterrierclub.com/234-2/

Few interesting little links thanks Sid.

An old boy once said to me years ago that once a dog has proved himself worthy of breeding thats the time to pick up his pedigree,and ONLY then.

Dogs i had years ago the pedigree meant everything but a little terrier like this im not too fussed to be honest.

14 hours ago, fireman said:

Well as it goes Remlap is a name i would look for in a plummer ped  :good:and  the lass with the Saxon pre fix  she used to post on here (keeps is/was her name) and she gave her terriers plenty to do in the field,but work or play with it the plummer is a versatile little terrier and they fit into most ways of life..

Oh well thats nice,you like to know any pup is a decent representative of his breed regardless,cheers :thumbs:

• Like 1