27 minutes ago, C.green said:

And when i say one day a week fellers i dont mean pottering here n there for couple rabbits. I mean taking ya dog to acres of common scrub n gorse and asking ya dog to push rabbits about for the lurchers or taking them in christmas tree plantation and getting them pushing muntjac about and connecting with any the guns wound then theres the getting in out the water swimming about with geese and ducks to carry back but also bieng steady enough to poibt odd bits sat tight. I can take or leave the ratting and ferreting to be honest thats mainly what im wanting a small dog to do what ive put above. 

Did the spaniel x terrier off socks not work out mate ? 

6 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Did the spaniel x terrier off socks not work out mate ? 

Yeah little machine.she seen the whole lot with me and had a good go out everything. Bit hit and miss yapping on rabbits but screamed on other things had odd day out when she was a little bit stale and other dogs had to pick up the slack but i coulda lived with that. had a deal with a young boy whos got her now i think the plan is to put her back to a terrier id put money on them bieng good offspring if they dont start dropping in little bit of that spaniel blood goes along way.

Edited by C.green

19 minutes ago, C.green said:

Yeah little machine.she seen the whole lot with me and had a good go out everything. Bit hit and miss yapping on rabbits but screamed on other things had odd day out when she was a little bit stale and other dogs had to pick up the slack but i coulda lived with that. had a deal with a young boy whos got her now i think the plan is to put her back to a terrier id put money on them bieng good offspring if they dont start dropping in little bit of that spaniel blood goes along way.

There was lad on here ( squirrel) he bred some 3/4 spaniel 1/4 terrier and some 3/4 terrier 1/4 spaniel aswell they always seemed to be putting the game about and he seemed happy with them , I like the look some the offspring of that Brian dog of foxpack off here , they look like big terriers with good coat and dout they would drop in with that spaniel blood 

My uncles got a young Plummer there now , he isn’t big easily spannable a tough little b*****d aswell , I was gone getting him going as I haven’t got a terrier now and it’s killing me iv marked a got 8/9 in lately he’s a cracking looking dog to be fair I like them 

• Like 1

Yer on one side. Whats makes ya say that mate ? My pals got him now and is happy with him just for a pet for the children and abit of catapult shooting. 

That figures. Let's just say show winners rather than grafters feature in wyremead breeding priority.

Pity you didn't try a proper one mate, I'm sure you'd have a different opinion of them.

• Like 2

Utter junk mate. Seemed keen when it was on its own terms but when it has the chance to get a mouthful of something amd didnt do a thing until it started running that was final straw for me. But very obediant and loved a rabbit in cover. Can see why some like them 

I can well believe it Charlie. If they're bred from proven grafters, they're a different kettle of fish believe me.

I dont doubt it feller but Im back with what i know for now picked up an old russel bitch from wales saturday and im liking her at the moment.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 22:04, stormyboy said:

That figures. Let's just say show winners rather than grafters feature in wyremead breeding priority.

Pity you didn't try a proper one mate, I'm sure you'd have a different opinion of them.

I had 2 plummer pups 13 years ago,one has lived with my mother in law as a old ladies pet for most of the last 13 years whilst the other one was still having a few digs last season.One has a lot of old coalville blood in it,the other has a lot of wyremead blood in it.Go on have a guess which one is which.:hmm:...              :laugh::laugh:..

• Haha 2

On 23/08/2019 at 18:04, stormyboy said:

The hound blood shows in a lot of them. Mine would bay on a line, great fun hunting cover. 

Nobody told mine they don't stay to ground either, they did. Some would kill below too. 1504707005567-9ccce819-9b2b-4855-8995-dc63a8cd3d44.jpg.0cf746e600143e4cd73393b712cfa706.jpg

What was dam and sire

Rupert X pagan 2 mate. M.R from Leicester bred him. 

Vandal bred some cracking stuff, game as, with superb nose.

• Like 2

On 26/09/2019 at 20:44, stormyboy said:

Rupert X pagan 2 mate. M.R from Leicester bred him. 

Vandal bred some cracking stuff, game as, with superb nose.

This must be you BM