Seen probably the nicest Plummer i've ever clapped eyes on today. A tidy bitch that had seen some graft.

Owners said they bought it direct from Glen Welsby and he had kept back a daughter from the bitch.

They said they wouldn't be working her and were 'trying' to break her to the family guinea pig...!

Damn shame if ye ask me...

10 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Seen probably the nicest Plummer i've ever clapped eyes on today. A tidy bitch that had seen some graft.

Owners said they bought it direct from Glen Welsby and he had kept back a daughter from the bitch.

They said they wouldn't be working her and were 'trying' to break her to the family guinea pig...!

Damn shame if ye ask me...

Welsby is a river warden so the only work it will have seen from him is some bushing or him taking fishing rods off of kids,digging he don't do or know how to do so feck knows where it's working marks come from but sure as shite is brown they didn't come from being out with welsby..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fireman said:

Welsby is a river warden so the only work it will have seen from him is some bushing or him taking fishing rods off of kids,digging he don't do or know how to do so feck knows where it's working marks come from but sure as shite is brown they didn't come from being out with welsby..

Never a truer word...

• Thanks 1

On 20/08/2019 at 00:20, Dbod said:

Years ago lads I read about them in hunting mags,the Plummer terrier,bred by Brian plummer he was a lurcher and terrier man that got his claim to fame by living in the outback of the country in the UK and rearing a collie x greyhound [collie being the dam of the pup and greyhound being the sire],merle I think it was called,slow to start but a demon when he got started so I read,

the plummer terrier I seen were good ratting terriers and bushing terriers,never seen one that would stay under ground for very long,but every dog is different,dont see many at the game fairs these days. 

There’s something about you that isn’t quite right ... I can’t put my finger on it but it’s there 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Heres my new little pal....i talked a mate into getting him but have barely let him out my sight since he arrived i really like the little guy.

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Heres my new little pal....i talked a mate into getting him but have barely let him out my sight since he arrived i really like the little guy.

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

That will keep you busy, nice wee dogs I must say. Never really gave them the attention they deserve till me lad got one, an¬†have to admit that she opened my eyes, all the very best with it gnashūüĎć

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

nice little dog gnasher you got anymore mate?

Not at the moment mate im waiting on a Gsp but its a bit complicated.....ive had a 20 odd year break from keeping dogs and only ever had bulldogs before,much as i respect them i suppose i did look at them more as machines instead of dogs....having been reading about hunting dogs on here for years and occasionally getting out with a few folk local im finding the whole thing of bonding with a dog and sussing out his personality really rewarding....right time right place kind of thing.

6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That will keep you busy, nice wee dogs I must say. Never really gave them the attention they deserve till me lad got one, an¬†have to admit that she opened my eyes, all the very best with it gnashūüĎć

I might be mistaken Katchum but i think it was you i spoke to a while ago about this breed,was it you that posted a picture of your lads dog in your car ?.....i dont think id ever even seen a Plummer Terrier before but that picture piqued my interest so started looking about.....im not looking to break any records just a couple of casual mooching partners that will teach me a bit about the countryside is all im after.

1 hour ago, stormyboy said:

How's it bred gnasher?

We have a bunch of meaningless names on a piece of paper mate the only one of any relevance that anyone seems to of heard of is a dog called Vandal 2 or 3 generations back.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Not at the moment mate im waiting on a Gsp but its a bit complicated.....ive had a 20 odd year break from keeping dogs and only ever had bulldogs before,much as i respect them i suppose i did look at them more as machines instead of dogs....having been reading about hunting dogs on here for years and occasionally getting out with a few folk local im finding the whole thing of bonding with a dog and sussing out his personality really rewarding....right time right place kind of thing.

I might be mistaken Katchum but i think it was you i spoke to a while ago about this breed,was it you that posted a picture of your lads dog in your car ?.....i dont think id ever even seen a Plummer Terrier before but that picture piqued my interest so started looking about.....im not looking to break any records just a couple of casual mooching partners that will teach me a bit about the countryside is all im after.

We have a bunch of meaningless names on a piece of paper mate the only one of any relevance that anyone seems to of heard of is a dog called Vandal 2 or 3 generations back.

He was mine mate.

14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

What Katchum is sort of asking is,is there a prefix or name before the name of the parents on the ped or even in front of your pups name?.

I'd just started posting about stormyboy owning Vandal but the misses wanted to turn the footy over and he's answered you in the time it's taken to finish :doh:,but there a good little terrier you can do all sorts with and iv'e had the best 13 years of terrier ownership with my old lass i could have asked for..The very best of luck with it Gnasher and keep us all updated on the little lads progress   :victory:...

12 hours ago, fireman said:

What Katchum is sort of asking is,is there a prefix or name before the name of the parents on the ped or even in front of your pups name?.

I'd just started posting about stormyboy owning Vandal but the misses wanted to turn the footy over and he's answered you in the time it's taken to finish :doh:,but there a good little terrier you can do all sorts with and iv'e had the best 13 years of terrier ownership with my old lass i could have asked for..The very best of luck with it Gnasher and keep us all updated on the little lads progress   :victory:...

Thats what i meant mate they were mostly just a mish mash of pet names scribbled down the 4th and 5th generation wasnt even complete theres a few prefixes Remlap is one,Saxon is another....doesnt mean much to me i wouldnt even be 100% sure its all kosher.....like i say its mostly a pal/companion/outdoor type dog so breeding wasnt particularly important and he,ll never be bred regardless....thankyou mate will do :thumbs:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Thats what i meant mate they were mostly just a mish mash of pet names scribbled down the 4th and 5th generation wasnt even complete theres a few prefixes Remlap is one,Saxon is another....doesnt mean much to me i wouldnt even be 100% sure its all kosher.....like i say its mostly a pal/companion/outdoor type dog so breeding wasnt particularly important and he,ll never be bred regardless....thankyou mate will do :thumbs:

I`ve never taken any notice of pedigrees my granddad used to say there not worth the paper there written on ... having said that you may find this interesting ...http://www.saxonplummerterriers.co.uk/ ..... http://www.plummerterrierclub.com/234-2/

Edited by sid g