7 hours ago, milliken said:

fight 1 bill v socks

fight 2 fireman v foxdropper

cards filling up fast Neil coony is making a come back along with mark brick lol said they will fight anyone that wants it

I'll go in with dc for drinking that muck he calls tea...... it's Yorkshire tea or nowt! BLOODY EARL GREY ???

? 

• Haha 3

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There you go lads. Cheers, D.  

Hard to beat natural remedies walking and saltwater on the beach as well

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I'll go in with dc for drinking that muck he calls tea...... it's Yorkshire tea or nowt! BLOODY EARL GREY ???

? 

that's what happens when you go south of Manchester there just not made the same I go over to the wife's sisters in Birmingham hate the place and the teas shit

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, milliken said:

that's what happens when you go south of Manchester there just not made the same I go over to the wife's sisters in Birmingham hate the place and the teas shit

Well I live way down on Dartmoor but born in Manchester so that must be where the tea standard come from 

1 minute ago, Saltmoon said:

Well I live way down on Dartmoor but born in Manchester so that must be where the tea standard come from 

must be mate I've been Manchester few time and the tea is decent no complaints

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, milliken said:

must be mate I've been Manchester few time and the tea is decent no complaints

Have a beer.mithers milk. Been brewed since life began .. ? We all single cell amebas  that's a fact. We split and multiply    and so shall our minds.. 

8 hours ago, milliken said:

fight 1 bill v socks

fight 2 fireman v foxdropper

cards filling up fast Neil coony is making a come back along with mark brick lol said they will fight anyone that wants it

Can't believe don not got a match yet 

1 hour ago, milliken said:

And the have that fecking awful strerilised milk its fa houl 

2 hours ago, milliken said:

the cards fill fast now few bouts sorted

socks v bill

fireman v foxdropper

black neck v ray

still looking opponents for mark brick and Neil conney

stopend and mixed grill both v Cooney....

the brick v gaffer......

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

stopend and mixed grill both v Cooney....

the brick v gaffer......

he top 3 are not to far apart that could be sorted but two on ones not fair so we will do tag team match stopend mixed grill v Cooney and albertj

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, milliken said:

he top 3 are not to far apart that could be sorted but two on ones not fair so we will do tag team match stopend mixed grill v Cooney and albertj

cooney would open a can of whoop arse and smash both the chopsy young fuckpigs into next week?

• Haha 4

I wrote about nail length a good few years ago, when I advocated medium length to reduce injuries whilst leaving enough to give traction/grip. This means that when a dog is standing in a relaxed position the nails should be just clear of the ground. This allows the tendons under the toes to be fully flexed and the toes to sit up in a natural position with the extensor tendons over the toes to be fully extended. But when running the flexor tendons will flex to drive the, reasonable length, nails into the ground to give maximum grip.

When the nails are kept too short grip is reduced, much like worn spikes on cross country running shoes, and there is also a greater risk of even small knocks to the nail opening up the quick which then leaves an open potential portal for infection to get in.

When the nails are kept to long they push up the end of the toe which extends the flexor tendon under the toe, reducing its efficiency and dropping the toe whilst shortening the flexor tendon above the toe. Tendons take months to adapt so once the tendon has been stretched/shortened it will be a long time if ever before it returns to the original state. With extended toes there is even less grip, in spite of longer nails due to compromised flexors, and the gap between main and toe pad is increased leading to a greater risk of injuries.

Leaving a dog on its bed for months will result in stretched flexor tendons and shortened extensor tendons resulting in chronically flat feet but this will be the least of its worries as all of the bones and tendons throughout its body will lose density and bulk, becoming weaker and thinner. This will take months to put right and is basically poor stockmanship.  Dogs can and do run on imperfect feet but to give a dog flat feet for the want of a little exercise seems pretty poor, perhaps if an owner hasn’t the time to exercise their dogs then perhaps a guinea pig would be a better option.

feet.png.cd0aa1f02f835c183f1e1c6ad8f42fbc.png

nails clear and toes sitting naturally.

IMG_20190509_125256.jpg.eceffb4e3fb7011e518263e0cf739828.jpg

long nails lifting the front of the toe causing it to flatten

IMG_20190705_195419.jpg.c91178b136ded5435492ca39fa895789.jpg

edit to add links

https://www.bones.nih.gov/health-info/bone/osteoporosis/conditions-behaviors/bed-rest

https://pmj.bmj.com/content/79/932/320

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 6